Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

MacOS X Beware of horrible service by a trader here, Just a warning

views

TSAJHernandezX
post Jun 29 2018, 01:13 AM, updated 6y ago

42 posts

Avoid this seller at all cost: TraderGuy on the forum and has a TechWeizer logo for a display picture. Avoid for ingenuity and bad business practise.

Right, so I stupidly had my water bottle spilled inside my bag and as a result my Macbook (13" 2017 Non-touch) got soaked and the only thing damaged was the LCD, unfortunately. Instead of opting for original replacement (which I should have in the first place) I lurked around the forum and found a reasonable priced replacement and I agreed to get it fixed, it was RM1750, everyone seemed to charge from RM1800 - RM 2100 so I thought saving 5 bucks wouldn't hurt.

Anyway, got my mac fixed in 2 weeks, everything was fine until just a few days later the LCD screen has black bars up top of the display, gets in the way of work and it's very frustrating and distracting. Days later the screen takes 5 minutes to go from black to showing something when booting up, happens every time I close and reopen the lid. I contacted the seller and he said he'll get it fixed but I HAD TO PAY FOR THE LCD SHIPPING BACK TO ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER, which clearly should not be the case. Why should I be paying for a faulty product? This is absolute nonsense, I tried going back to an authorized Apple service center but they said they can't do anything as the LCD is not original, fixing it costs another RM2800. I went to different service centers (each took about 1 week to inspect) and finally I went back to the seller and he said will take another 2/3 weeks with additional cost.

In the end I gave up, I had a terrible 1/2 months of just waiting/looking for the best alternate option to fixing my Mac but I told myself, I just want this to be behind me, I'm broke, unhappy, and dissatisfied with all my stupid/careless actions, I paid RM2800 to get an original screen.

I'm broke and I hate myself. If you're ever as stupid as I am, just go to an authorized Apple service center, it's worth it in the long run.

This post has been edited by AJHernandezX: Jul 1 2018, 07:04 PM
wei
post Jun 29 2018, 12:58 PM

Get your Macs done right!
6,491 posts

Sorry to hear about your incident.
psyduck89
post Jun 29 2018, 01:01 PM

New Korean Member
818 posts

QUOTE(AJHernandezX @ Jun 29 2018, 01:13 AM)
Right, so I stupidly had my water bottle spilled inside my bag and as a result my Macbook (13" 2017 Non-touch) got soaked and the only thing damaged was the LCD, unfortunately. Instead of opting for original replacement (which I should have in the first place) I lurked around the forum and found a reasonable priced replacement and I agreed to get it fixed, it was RM1750, everyone seemed to charge from RM1800 - RM 2100 so I thought saving 5 bucks wouldn't hurt.

Anyway, got my mac fixed in 2 weeks, everything was fine until just a few days later the LCD screen has black bars up top of the display, gets in the way of work and it's very frustrating and distracting. Days later the screen takes 5 minutes to go from black to showing something when booting up, happens every time I close and reopen the lid. I contacted the seller and he said he'll get it fixed but I HAD TO PAY FOR THE LCD SHIPPING BACK TO ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER, which clearly should not be the case. Why should I be paying for a faulty product? This is absolute nonsense, I tried going back to an authorized Apple service center but they said they can't do anything as the LCD is not original, fixing it costs another RM2800. I went to different service centers (each took about 1 week to inspect) and finally I ent back to the seller and he said will take another 2/3 weeks with additional cost.

In the end I gave up, I had a terrible 1/2 months of just waiting/looking for the best alternate option to fixing my Mac but I told myself, I just want this to be behind me, I'm broke, unhappy, and dissatisfied with all my stupid/careless actions, I paid RM2800 to get an original screen.

If you're wondering who this seller that you should avoid, goes by the name of TraderGuy on the forum and has a TechWeizer logo for a display picture.

I'm broke and I hate myself. If you're ever as stupid as I am, just go to an authorized Apple service center, it's worth it in the long run.
lol... bring it to dispute corner and blacklist him...
TSAJHernandezX
post Jul 1 2018, 07:05 PM

42 posts

QUOTE(psyduck89 @ Jun 29 2018, 01:01 PM)
lol... bring it to dispute corner and blacklist him...
I'm terrible in this forum, how do I do that?
TSAJHernandezX
post Jul 1 2018, 07:05 PM

42 posts

QUOTE(wei @ Jun 29 2018, 12:58 PM)
Sorry to hear about your incident.
Thanks man, I'm extra careful with my products now.
psyduck89
post Jul 2 2018, 10:25 AM

New Korean Member
818 posts

QUOTE(AJHernandezX @ Jul 1 2018, 07:05 PM)
I'm terrible in this forum, how do I do that?
https://forum.lowyat.net/DisputeResolutionCorner

check out how other do it..
im think u need to follow certain format..

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0121sec    0.51    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:09 PM