Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.0 CKD, Is it a good buy? Any users here?

views

waghyu
post Aug 24 2020, 01:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,389 posts

QUOTE(JackBot @ Jun 27 2018, 05:56 PM)
Dear auto sifus, I'm thinking of buying a SUV for my work and family use. Currently driving a 2010 Hyundai Accent MC and plan to pass that to my wife. The reason for a SUV is due to my new worksite being in a rough road and flash flood prone area. The area where I drive by to get home are also prone to high water levels on the road when it rains heavily. I also drive my family to my MIL place once a while which is in a kampong area. I know there are a few other choices other than Outlander so below are my requirements:

1) Need extra 2 seats. Occasionally I bring my parents out for dinner/shopping nearby with my family of four so need extra seats for the short drives.
2) Need space as both my children are growing and the Accent is quite tight at the back.
3) I capped my budget at 130K (few extra thousand is ok)and the 2018 Outlander 2.0 is offered at 127K (without insurance).
4) My drive style is pretty sedated and mild so a powerful train is not a requirement.   
5) I drive around 35k KM a year and have no resale plans. Just plan to pass it to my wife after 6-7years. 
6) Reasonable maintenance costs.

The other option would be X-Trail 2.0. There are quite a number of users in my company and I've driven them few times. I have tested the Outlander and feel it has better road grip, better NVH and the 7airbags are good safety options to have.

What are sifus opinions/advice? Any feedback (positive or negative) from users currently using the Outlander is highly appreciated. Thank you. notworthy.gif
Outlander ok reliable. Buy if price suit your budget.

jepakazoid_82
post Aug 24 2020, 10:11 AM

Enthusiast
829 posts

What other alternative to outlander available for 7 seater SUV?
Vervain
post Aug 24 2020, 10:30 AM

Scathach
5,458 posts

QUOTE(cruizer @ Aug 24 2020, 01:49 AM)
Please share your thoughts on year and model make for santa Fe diesel without sun roof?

Or any other 7 seater which has the lowest fuel consumption and lowest maintenance please.
I believe you can get used DM for reasonably good price. Around a new Vios pricing.

You can consider sorento as well if you wish to buy new. I’m not too keen on promoting the new Santa Fe as it’s overpriced and under spec . Some Darby never did this, but on the latest Tm they’ve removed a lot of features and sell at premium price thinking of making big bucks.
cruizer
post Aug 25 2020, 11:36 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(Vervain @ Aug 24 2020, 10:30 AM)
I believe you can get used DM for reasonably good price. Around a new Vios pricing.

You can consider sorento as well if you wish to buy new. I’m not too keen on promoting the new Santa Fe as it’s overpriced and under spec . Some Darby never did this, but on the latest Tm they’ve removed a lot of features and sell at premium price thinking of making big bucks.
Thank you Chief. Yes I agree with you on the pricing and new models of the SF. Do correct me if I'm wrong, I assume Sorrento uses the same engine as SF? As I'm looking for a 7seater SUV, SF was my choice but like all vehicles, there's always a part which is a default and yet to decide which I'm more able to afford for maintenance.

I've shortlisted a few and if you or any of the sifus around able to share some maintenance insights and true FC figures would be ideal.

1. Santa Fe 2.2 Cdi 2015/16 Elegance
2. Subaru Forester/GT 2.0i Esight new
3. Mitsubishi Outlander new
4. Perodua Aruz new
5. Toyota Vanguard
6. Mazda CX7

Thank you for your kind insights.
Vervain
post Aug 26 2020, 12:53 AM

Scathach
5,458 posts

QUOTE(cruizer @ Aug 25 2020, 11:36 PM)
Thank you Chief. Yes I agree with you on the pricing and new models of the SF. Do correct me if I'm wrong, I assume Sorrento uses the same engine as SF? As I'm looking for a 7seater SUV, SF was my choice but like all vehicles, there's always a part which is a default and yet to decide which I'm more able to afford for maintenance.

I've shortlisted a few and if you or any of the sifus around able to share some maintenance insights and true FC figures would be ideal.

1. Santa Fe 2.2 Cdi 2015/16 Elegance
2. Subaru Forester/GT 2.0i Esight new
3. Mitsubishi Outlander new 
4. Perodua Aruz new
5. Toyota Vanguard
6. Mazda CX7

Thank you for your kind insights.
Yes, all 2.2 diesel engines both Hyundai and Kia are using the D4HB series R-line engine

if you're looking for a transport solely to move from point A to B, New Aruz would be the better pick. Have you considered BRV, Alza, xtail etc?

cruizer
post Aug 26 2020, 08:51 AM

30 posts

QUOTE(Vervain @ Aug 26 2020, 12:53 AM)
Yes, all 2.2 diesel engines both Hyundai and Kia are using the D4HB series R-line engine

if you're looking for a transport solely to move from point A to B, New Aruz would be the better pick. Have you considered BRV, Alza, xtail etc?
Thank you Chief.
It's not merely to travel from point A-B as I have to bring my mum around and my family members in total 7 (including mum and myself). Moreover working for an NGO and going on mid rough terrains is on a monthly basis. Despite seeking for sponsored vehicle it's best to always have an own vehicle that can be used if needed.

BRV and alza are low for my mum to move in n out. Xtrail I'm considering too just need to seek further information on the best model. Still seeking best 7 seater option in maintenance, FC, parts and perhaps RV.
jepakazoid_82
post Aug 26 2020, 11:25 AM

Enthusiast
829 posts

Anyone considered CX8 against outlander?
Vervain
post Aug 26 2020, 04:03 PM

Scathach
5,458 posts

QUOTE(cruizer @ Aug 26 2020, 08:51 AM)
Thank you Chief.
It's not merely to travel from point A-B as I have to bring my mum around and my family members in total 7 (including mum and myself). Moreover working for an NGO and going on mid rough terrains is on a monthly basis. Despite seeking for sponsored vehicle it's best to always have an own vehicle that can be used if needed.

BRV and alza are low for my mum to move in n out. Xtrail I'm considering too just need to seek further information on the best model. Still seeking best 7 seater option in maintenance, FC, parts and perhaps RV.
will MPV be an option? how high of a clearance do you need going through sites with poor road conditions.
GamersFamilia
post Aug 26 2020, 05:03 PM

Videogames Enthusiast , An Avid Gamer and Videogames Collector
All Stars
13,071 posts

between outlander and asx which one is better ?
cruizer
post Aug 27 2020, 12:15 AM

30 posts

QUOTE(Vervain @ Aug 26 2020, 04:03 PM)
will MPV be an option? how high of a clearance do you need going through sites with poor road conditions.
Thank you for your patience. Looking for a >190mm clearance if possible as the conditions are bad. MPV isn't something I'm considering but the Nissan presage looks promising too.
amad108
post Aug 27 2020, 08:48 AM

too much of something is bad enough
998 posts

QUOTE(GamersFamilia @ Aug 26 2020, 05:03 PM)
between outlander and asx which one is better ?
Outlander better overall
GamersFamilia
post Aug 27 2020, 08:06 PM

Videogames Enthusiast , An Avid Gamer and Videogames Collector
All Stars
13,071 posts

QUOTE(amad108 @ Aug 27 2020, 08:48 AM)
Outlander better overall
yes ive seen the comparison between both suv via pandu laju @ youtube .. outlander seems better icon_rolleyes.gif
frequency
post Feb 17 2021, 01:40 PM

我要挑战十个!
2,552 posts

finally got rear aircon oledi for 2022..lol Msia maybe 2024..
ayamxxx
post Feb 19 2021, 11:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

good car but 2 points that lose to other rival, the Rear aircon vent and CVT.

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0295sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:56 AM