Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

mid 30s career move

views

TSJlam
post Jun 22 2018, 09:30 PM, updated 6y ago

1 posts

Hi guys, is it wise for a mid 30s person to still do career change that requires relocation, say from Sabah to Peninsular ?

I'm not married, however it has reached a point that I don't fancy too many unknown change to my familiar lifestyle.

On the one hand, the offer seems too good to reject but it doesn't give me the promise of stability and familiarity I want, especially regarding to aspects of restructuring​ an entire place of living, to transportation, to social environment.

If it were 10 years back, I would hop without a blink but these days some physical fatigues start to plague me from overly adventurous exploration into new cities to dwell.

It seems I'm somehow mentally tuned to only want stable and familiar environments now, sort of like in a well settled down position. Maybe age causes our minds to think differently than a decade back.

This post has been edited by Jlam: Jun 22 2018, 09:35 PM
asamalikum
post Jun 22 2018, 09:33 PM

Regular
1,206 posts

Take it. It's a new challenge. End of the day, you are not married. You'll find a way to adapt.
howszat
post Jun 22 2018, 09:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,925 posts

You have actually identified it very well the choices you are confronted with:

1. Good offer
2. Stability and familiarity

Choose one. Only you can choose what is appropriate for you.
Sam Kk
post Jun 26 2018, 03:06 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

Any change of job some major adjustments will require deep thought analysis. I mean relocation is already a one major hurdle that you need to address. As the distance is not near, you need to ask yourself, even if you are single if you just up and leave will there be anyone who will be dependable on you i.e. your family. You will know best what you want in life. Will staying put be satisfying for you or do you want to take up a new challenge and make things better for yourself? Being in a comfort zone seems better but pursuing a new challenge is exciting with new location, new job opportunities, new friend, new learning experience. Give yourself a chance to do something for yourself. Who knows, just maybe this might be your chance to meet your life partner too. All the best ya!
SitiNorhaliza1970
post Jun 26 2018, 03:13 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

QUOTE(Jlam @ Jun 22 2018, 09:30 PM)
Hi guys, is it wise for a mid 30s person to still do career change that requires relocation, say from Sabah to Peninsular ?

I'm not married, however it has reached a point that I don't fancy too many unknown change to my  familiar lifestyle.

On the one hand, the offer seems too good to reject but it doesn't give me the promise of stability and familiarity I want, especially regarding to aspects of restructuring​ an entire place of living, to transportation, to social environment.

If it were 10 years back, I would hop without a blink but these days some physical fatigues start to plague me from overly adventurous exploration into new cities to dwell.

It seems I'm somehow mentally tuned to only want stable and familiar environments now, sort of like in a well settled down position. Maybe age causes our minds to think differently than a decade back.
why not if the job that you apply is more interesting and comes with good pay..
30s still consider ok but if reach 50s only realise in the wrong field..die die lo

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0155sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:20 PM