4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Low salary, Feels like getting underpaid

views

shohoku1
post Jun 21 2018, 07:50 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

sis...I had the same salary in my first job since 2010. My goodnesss...didnt know the song still playing even for today....

how about your allowance and benefit ? Good ?
SmallPenguin
post Jun 21 2018, 09:31 PM

Enthusiast
975 posts

QUOTE(iammasivers @ Jun 21 2018, 07:46 PM)
PJ, Selangor
small firm
good advice. Thanks a lot
Yeah.. unfortunate events happened, which affect my family's financial condition pretty badly.. actually 2.2k is enough for me alone.. but as you said keep persevering and everything will be ok.. hopefully after a few years things will get stable and we can live comfortably
so small firm with fresh acca i assume?

actually not bad alr

lets say big4 pay 3k gross
medium firm is roughly 10% less than big4

so for you working in small firm 2.2k nett is considered good of course not enough
where got people complain salary enough biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by SmallPenguin: Jun 21 2018, 09:32 PM
kirakun
post Jun 22 2018, 09:36 AM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(iammasivers @ Jun 21 2018, 07:46 PM)
PJ, Selangor
small firm
good advice. Thanks a lot
Yeah.. unfortunate events happened, which affect my family's financial condition pretty badly.. actually 2.2k is enough for me alone.. but as you said keep persevering and everything will be ok.. hopefully after a few years things will get stable and we can live comfortably
Persevere. U'll need that a lot especially since u are still fresh and young. Work for a year or 2 before considering elsewhere. Experience matter in most field out there which is why most companies still advertise remuneration commensurate with working experience.
TSiammasivers
post Jun 22 2018, 10:13 PM

Casual
353 posts

QUOTE(shohoku1 @ Jun 21 2018, 07:50 PM)
sis...I had the same salary in my first job since 2010. My goodnesss...didnt know the song still playing even for today....

how about your allowance and benefit ? Good ?
2.2k already included the allowance. Actually my basic is RM2k, and travelling allowance is RM500. So yeah end up about 2.2k net.

Benefit is just bare minimum, with RM30 medical claim can claim only up to RM200 per year and annual leave of 10 days. That's just about it. No annual dinner, no company trips whatsoever. Although the biggest benefit working here is my colleagues, seniors and manager as they are all super nice. Works aren't as stressful, and I can go home 5.30pm almost everyday. Actually my boss isn't that bad, he's just a bit too calculative sometimes
TSiammasivers
post Jun 22 2018, 10:26 PM

Casual
353 posts

QUOTE(SmallPenguin @ Jun 21 2018, 09:31 PM)
so small firm with fresh acca i assume?

actually not bad alr

lets say big4 pay 3k gross
medium firm is roughly 10% less than big4

so for you working in small firm 2.2k nett is considered good of course not enough
where got people complain salary enough biggrin.gif
no acca, fresh out of the oven accounting degree.. so yeah true la actually not that bad.. considering the workload and stress level isn't as bad as big 4.. just that i'm too stressed out about my family so i released my frustration here.. my firm is doing quite well also, i've seen the P&L for one of the the segment of the business.. i just feel bummed out that in 8 years ago starting salary was 2k, and now it remains the same despite being so profitable.. but i realize also that the employers have the upper hand in the job market, more grads than jobs, supply > demand, that's why starting salary also so low.. what i can do is just accept it, gain more experience and demand higher pay in the future rclxub.gif cry.gif
SmallPenguin
post Jun 22 2018, 10:31 PM

Enthusiast
975 posts

QUOTE(iammasivers @ Jun 22 2018, 10:26 PM)
no acca, fresh out of the oven accounting degree.. so yeah true la actually not that bad.. considering the workload and stress level isn't as bad as big 4.. just that i'm too stressed out about my family so i released my frustration here.. my firm is doing quite well also, i've seen the P&L for one of the the segment of the business.. i just feel bummed out that in 8 years ago starting salary was 2k, and now it remains the same despite being so profitable.. but i realize also that the employers have the upper hand in the job market, more grads than jobs, supply > demand, that's why starting salary also so low.. what i can do is just accept it, gain more experience and demand higher pay in the future  rclxub.gif  cry.gif
small firm like this lah
owner untung byk
cut cost, must be efficient, blablabla
i have friends working in small firm so i tahu lah

for you
my best advice is
get acca
jump to medium or big4

now degree is too normal liao everyone alr straight aiming acca as student even me tongue.gif
yes im still an acca student
eddydo
post Jun 22 2018, 11:02 PM

vroom vrooom~
1,260 posts

gonna add a little salt here and comment on the mentality of people here.

Just because you have it worst doesn't mean others don't have it bad. I personally feel that the industry standard is rubbish, and it needs to be challenged. 2.2k is not enough to survive in KL.

BUT still, paper qualification and attitude is king. If u can make the cut you won't be stuck in that position.

Leverage off your experience and join big 4. You'll probably be happier with the pay but not the working hours.

This post has been edited by eddydo: Jun 22 2018, 11:05 PM
Joey-kun
post Jun 23 2018, 08:55 AM

no avatar plagarism plz, foxboy sez nuz
4,662 posts

If you can, use your experience to move on to other jobs:

but bear in mind the higher the salary, the more stressful the job becomes. Be ready for that.
mt24
post Jun 23 2018, 02:35 PM

Casual
499 posts

gain experience first laaa ayoooo
after one year if you still not satisfy with your salary and allowance, feel free to go.
to jump now is premature thing to do. you still lack of experience.

yoyu
post Jun 23 2018, 11:28 PM

On my way
527 posts

still early to demand... just 4 mths...
keep it up... focus and try to get more exp...
if after 2 years... still no incremental... try to ask for it or jump
gud luck 🤗
NowLat.yet
post Jun 24 2018, 01:02 PM

Getting Started
178 posts

Reading the replies here just makes me lose hope on future prospects on working in Malaysia.

2.2k is NOT an ok salary nor should it be the average in the year 2018. This is no longer the 1990s/early 2000s where that salary can get you somewhere.

It is no wonder why we keep losing talents to first world countries and have chronic brain drain issues.

No one should work their asses off for a 4 year degree just to live paycheck to paycheck. Not especially when one have to worry about repaying their student loans.

i suggest TS to try to expand your horizons and look for work overseas. Relief the pressure in MY so that everyone else can demand for more.
Eulm585
post Jun 24 2018, 02:39 PM

Enthusiast
818 posts

QUOTE(NowLat.yet @ Jun 24 2018, 01:02 PM)
Reading the replies here just makes me lose hope on future prospects on working in Malaysia.

2.2k is NOT an ok salary nor should it be the average in the year 2018. This is no longer the 1990s/early 2000s where that  salary can get you somewhere.

It is no wonder why we keep losing talents to first world countries and have chronic brain drain issues.

No one should work their asses off for a 4 year degree just to live paycheck to paycheck. Not especially when one have to worry about repaying their student loans.

i suggest TS to try to expand your horizons and look for work overseas. Relief the pressure in MY so that everyone else can demand for more.
Once the big 4 decide to increase their minds salary for ACCA then the industry will have no choice but to follow inorder to be competitive. But big 4 has an unlimited queue of people lining up. Do you know why?

Working in big 4 for 4 years. Become AM. Move to other company internal audit and get roughly 9k salary. The fame and reputation is there for big4.

But it isn't going to be a bed of roses. Not going home for few weeks in a row. Yes everyone complains that they are poor, salary low and bla bla bla. But are they actually working towards it?
Irresistible
post Jun 24 2018, 04:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,189 posts

QUOTE(iammasivers @ Jun 21 2018, 08:46 AM)
Fresh grad, been working for 4 months now. Working as audit associate and getting 2.2k salary net after deduction. The thing is I'm not doing only audit, I also do tax and accounts for our clients, even though my offer letter and title is supposed to be audit associate. But I guess it's a normal thing in small public practice firm like mine. I really don't wanna compare but whenever my friends complain they can't survive with their 3k salary I can just cry in my heart. I'm helping out my family to pay for bills and groceries, luckily I'm also doing part time job writing assignments. I wonder if anyone can survive especially when you need to help out your family and getting lower salary than mine.
I m in finance line too ....

Small or medium size.accounting firm,pay lousy salary .RM1.9k_2.5K. That's the norm
contestchris
post Jun 24 2018, 04:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,337 posts

Fresh grad, been working for 4 months now. Working as audit associate and getting 2.2k salary net after deduction. The thing is I'm not doing only audit, I also do tax and accounts for our clients, even though my offer letter and title is supposed to be audit associate. But I guess it's a normal thing in small public practice firm like mine. I really don't wanna compare but whenever my friends complain they can't survive with their 3k salary I can just cry in my heart. I'm helping out my family to pay for bills and groceries, luckily I'm also doing part time job writing assignments. I wonder if anyone can survive especially when you need to help out your family and getting lower salary than mine.
But what’s your age? 21,23,25? 2.2k net not end of the world, means your gross is 2.5k. I also start off just a bit higher at 2.8k

This post has been edited by contestchris: Jun 24 2018, 04:26 PM
Penang_J
post Jun 25 2018, 09:56 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

My starting pay was about 1.8k 4 years ago. Since I need to outstation almost every week, my company give me allowance up to 600-700 per month. My friend graduated with ACCA Cert (26 years old) only get 2.3k starting and now get 2.8k after 8 months. You are getting about 2.5k per month and you should happy with it.

For audit line, you may in the region of 4k after working for 3-4 years depend on your job performance.

As for me, my annual income was about RM 50K+ excluding allowance (insurance line) last year and I finished my advance diploma in accounting under TARC.

neko_azusa
post Jun 26 2018, 08:03 AM

19 posts

2.5k gross is quite normal for non-technical degree holders. I know my former mnc is still paying this rate after 3 years, doesn't change. This is big mnc ya, not small firm.

Instead of filling your mind with negativity, appreciate the job that you have. Learn there first and jump after 1-2 years. Quit complaining. If you are good performer with proven record, other company will accept you in. If you just talk cock, no chance.

This post has been edited by neko_azusa: Jun 26 2018, 08:06 AM
SitiNorhaliza1970
post Jun 26 2018, 03:19 PM

Getting Started
111 posts

do you believe that RM 1200 can support the whole family??
it depend on your lifestyle..not saying you but some always complaint that they don't have enough money even earning 5K?? coz everyday must have 3 to 5 cups of starbucks, shopping once a week..dine in posh restaurant, drive big car...
at the beginning is going to be tough and never say no to any job request from your company even if it is not related to your job scope..
just put this in mind that the more you learn the more experiences you going to get and this will help you to get a fatter pay cheque in the future...like the malay saying..
bersusah-susah dahulu bersenang- senang kemudian..
good luck!!
GAME_ON
post Jun 26 2018, 04:41 PM

Bumfuzzle
1,109 posts

My first company after grad is on 2012 before jumped to another company, which basic salary is RM1,800. Was working in Palm Oil Mill as an Asst. Engineer, foreseeing; Factory Process Flow, Maintenance (hundreds of machines), workers efficiencies (200 workers in total for whole factory), CPO Despatch activity & cost control.

I know comparing salary of 2012 to 2018 is a bit absurd, but my points is about pursuing urself to do multitasking. Try not to be choosy for ur first job my young grasshopper, just gain some experiences for a year or two and with that multitasking capability , u'll get used to it when u jump to another company. It benefit u a lot. Trust me. Good Luck
serraX
post Jul 2 2018, 05:10 PM

37 posts

We all start small, which is good, it means the only way to go is up.

If you think the salary is not enough, there is always an option: you transfer, you get part time, you get another job, you get your own small business, etc...

And don't compare with your peers, we are all different, its your own contentment that matters anyhow. Being successful is not really measured only by the money you make (unless that what you can only think of). Just stay patient and focused on your life goals, make sure you do everything you can to get there.
mingosaur
post Jul 2 2018, 05:33 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(serraX @ Jul 2 2018, 05:10 PM)
We all start small, which is good, it means the only way to go is up.

If you think the salary is not enough, there is always an option: you transfer, you get part time, you get another job, you get your own small business, etc...

And don't compare with your peers, we are all different, its your own contentment that matters anyhow. Being successful is not really measured only by the money you make (unless that what you can only think of). Just stay patient and focused on your life goals, make sure you do everything you can to get there.
I highly agree to this. Our own self esteem and happiness shouldn’t be determined by what others have or say. Ultimately you should reflect on your own contentment on what you have and where you’re at now.

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0171sec    0.53    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:47 PM