Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Anybody Tried Ikea's Roasted Half Spring Chicken?

views

TSDwango
post Jun 20 2018, 06:23 PM, updated 6y ago

Casual
491 posts

Yeah, this is the one I am talking about, in the picture below.

user posted image

Currently there's this offer going on, that is to spend minimum RM50 at the Ikea restaurant in a single receipt and get RM50 off for a RM350 purchase at the Ikea store.

Has anybody tried this roasted half spring chicken? Is it delicious, almost like Peri-Peri standards or way off?

Also, do the Swedish meatballs(beef) or chicken meatballs taste nicer?
neko_azusa
post Jun 21 2018, 02:34 AM

19 posts

I haven't tried myself. But by roasted, u need to think of Dave's Deli or Kenny Rogers taste. Not Nando's.
memoviesandi
post Jun 21 2018, 06:00 PM

4 posts

No, not yet. hopefully it's as good as their chicken wings!
TSDwango
post Jun 22 2018, 07:55 AM

Casual
491 posts

Thanks. Will try it tomorrow just to fully utilise the free RM50 meal at the Ikea restaurant. Will take note on the delicious chicken wings and perhaps order one plate of that too.
NathanV0909
post Jul 3 2018, 04:56 PM

9 posts

it's quite nice
TSDwango
post Jul 4 2018, 02:36 PM

Casual
491 posts

QUOTE(Khoo1 @ Jul 3 2018, 01:53 AM)
Why no review?
TS died eating Ikea food? biggrin.gif LOL just kiding.
Looking forward to TS's review.
Sorry, too busy lately so didn't log on here.

Right, I have tried this Ikea Roasted Half Spring chicken. It's so good that I went for it the 2nd time I visited Ikea several days later after the first visit. Not that it's godly delicious but it's good enough to warrant a recommendation, not only in terms of taste but also the price which to me is very affordable and down-to-earth for the quality of food and portion that is served.

Some brief description on the quality is the chicken meat although roasted is tender. The texture is good and it is easy to use a fork and knife or even spoon to separate the chicken meat from the bones instead of using your hands to hold the chicken (though some people still use their hands to handle the chicken). As it is roasted, there is little oil on the meat. In other words, healthy and delicious chicken. To me it's much better than Kenny Rogers chicken which is also healthy but doesn't taste good to me at all. As a matter of fact the last time I tasted Kenny Rogers was perhaps 15 or 20 years ago. The first time and the last I guess.

The sauce and gravy for the chicken is good, the chips is good, less oily feel in your mouth and big sizeable chunks. Overall for the price, a sure recommendation and much better choice than the bad-for-healthy Kentucky Fried Chicken. I know it's different since once is fried and other is roasted but even though KFC is fried, the chicken meat is mostly hard meat inside unlike the Ikea roasted chicken which is tender and juicy inside. (I also haven't had KFC for ages unless someone sponsors it for free then I'll take some).

A note is the Roasted chicken with rice (RM8.00+) is usually not available, all sold out during lunch time or near to lunch time. I went there the 2nd time to order the rice with chicken but it's all sold out. So in the end ordered the same Roasted Half Spring Chicken for the 2nd time. Though you can't eat it too many times as you'll get sick with it as with any other food if you eat too much. Order the same thing twice in 1 week.
rendang
post Jul 30 2018, 02:03 PM

0 posts

Ikea food is quite good and this chicken is no exception

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0116sec    0.42    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:32 PM