Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Being bullied in workplace...., Can scenario be change?

views

BukLau
post Jun 20 2018, 03:28 PM

Getting Started
78 posts

QUOTE(magasel @ Jun 20 2018, 03:04 PM)
U single ah?

If u single, even worse.

they bully u even more.

Inb4 I not single.
What..? Why? shocking.gif
TSIrresistible
post Jun 20 2018, 03:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,189 posts

U single ah?

If u single, even worse.

they bully u even more.

Inb4 I not single.
Yes,single...

Why said single,bullied even more ?
DozeMeWithTea
post Jun 20 2018, 03:42 PM

Getting Started
106 posts

I have a friend just like you, always help and end up year end no promotion and worst - his colleague got promo despite her doing most work.

My advise is always be selfish in the working world. there is no such thing as "I help you and you help me" when all of you are fighting for promo.

Also, never trust your boss telling u "walao, u sibeh good, i guarantee promo you next year". Is typically a tactic to make you stay.

Whole lot of industries knew hiring someone new or replacing someone is higher. You think u leave the boss want to do your work? of course no!

So if u think the pay is worth whatever stress you're dealing with then stay, otherwise just seek elsewhere.

TSIrresistible
post Jun 20 2018, 03:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,189 posts

QUOTE(DozeMeWithTea @ Jun 20 2018, 03:42 PM)
I have a friend just like you, always help and end up year end no promotion and worst - his colleague got promo despite her doing most work.

My advise is always be selfish in the working world. there is no such thing as "I help you and you help me" when all of you are fighting for promo.

Also, never trust your boss telling u "walao, u sibeh good, i guarantee promo you next year". Is typically a tactic to make you stay.

Whole lot of industries knew hiring someone new or replacing someone is higher. You think u leave the boss want to do your work? of course no!

So if u think the pay is worth whatever stress you're dealing with then stay, otherwise just seek elsewhere.
My superior manager is like my mom last time... Age also qualified lo....She always Said treat me like son.. I have Been 6 yrs wit her.... This yr, I m disappointed. And,she also said disappointed wit me question her about small matter despite she "treat" me so good.

This post has been edited by Irresistible: Jun 20 2018, 06:05 PM
Dern
post Jun 20 2018, 04:14 PM

Regular
1,979 posts

QUOTE(magasel @ Jun 20 2018, 02:25 PM)
what to do

sometime I regret take accounts degree

Should have taken engineering degree.

I work in female dominated office, while I watch my co engineers go out and get to do all the guy stuff.

Not saying that working with guys is a piece of cake.

But unlike guys, women colleagues can be oversensitive and take offence very easily.

Once they take offence, they will do stuff like boycott you or marginalize you socially.

As for guys, they tend to be more forgiving and just forget about it.
most of the people in office are just "acting" for the sake of work environment

This post has been edited by Dern: Sep 23 2018, 09:20 PM
Dern
post Jun 20 2018, 04:21 PM

Regular
1,979 posts

U single ah?

If u single, even worse.

they bully u even more.

Inb4 I not single.
sometimes, i dont think it makes any difference if you are single or attached.

This post has been edited by Dern: Sep 23 2018, 09:20 PM
Joey-kun
post Jun 21 2018, 11:29 AM

no avatar plagarism plz, foxboy sez nuz
4,662 posts

QUOTE(Irresistible @ Jun 20 2018, 03:50 PM)
My superior manager is like my mom last time... Age also qualified lo....She always Said treat me like son.. I have Been 6 yrs wit her.... This yr, I m disappointed. And,she also said disappointed wit me question her about small matter despite she "treat"  me so good.

Erm, its called emotional manipulation. They wanna keep you working for them but not give you any rewards or compensations by playing with your emotions. runnnnnn.
TSIrresistible
post Jun 21 2018, 12:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,189 posts

QUOTE(Joey-kun @ Jun 21 2018, 11:29 AM)
Erm, its called emotional manipulation. They wanna keep you working for them but not give you any rewards or compensations by playing with your emotions. runnnnnn.
YES, that's what I felt.... and she said I m oversensitive and make a fuss about small matter. (Empty promise on promotion,small matter?)
SUSRyuGW90
post Jun 21 2018, 01:19 PM

On my way
576 posts

The workforce not balance in term of gender?

It's time to look for a new job
Your superior management style got problem for sure
They don't appreciate your effort at all
TSIrresistible
post Jun 22 2018, 08:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,189 posts

QUOTE(RyuGW90 @ Jun 21 2018, 01:19 PM)
The workforce not balance in term of gender?

It's time to look for a new job
Your superior management style got problem for sure
They don't appreciate your effort at all
It's finance line, dominated by female is a norm.
Joey-kun
post Jun 23 2018, 08:48 AM

no avatar plagarism plz, foxboy sez nuz
4,662 posts

QUOTE(Irresistible @ Jun 21 2018, 12:06 PM)
YES, that's what I felt.... and she said I m oversensitive and make a fuss about small matter. (Empty promise on promotion,small matter?)
To them its a small matter because they see you as a dumbass that they can kick around and yet you wont leave coz they can play with your emotions and get you to stay with that.

Time to walk!
TSIrresistible
post Jun 23 2018, 09:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,189 posts

QUOTE(Joey-kun @ Jun 23 2018, 08:48 AM)
To them its a small matter because they see you as a dumbass that they can kick around and yet you wont leave coz they can play with your emotions and get you to stay with that.

Time to walk!
Thanks.... U are right.
WhyLifeIsUNFAIR9
post Jun 23 2018, 10:02 AM

Getting Started
53 posts

Off topic. But I want to say that, I too am facing some challenges at the workplace like ts. Colleagues and I, don't see eye to eye.

Had no problem working with my previous colleague who's a guy. Current girl colleague really "different" to work with.

Too early to judge but I feel she isn't as driven like how me and my previous colleague is.

Somehow, you can't pressure girls in general or else they'll start to lash back at you. Which is really a pain because now I feel the work done isn't 50/50. Feels more like 80/20
WhyLifeIsUNFAIR9
post Jun 23 2018, 10:16 AM

Getting Started
53 posts

QUOTE(Irresistible @ Jun 21 2018, 12:06 PM)
Bro. From what you posted and if it's really true then I feel angry for you.

You really have been taken advantage of. From what I see, the girls there are taking you for a ride. At least now you understand that you really CANNOT BE NICE to all girls.

You help them once and they'll come back for more and more.

More importantly TS. I sincerely hope you'll figure out how to see which are the manipulative ones to avoid headache. Is ok to help but don't overdo it.

My department also similar in the sense, that there's way more girls than guys. And the guys will always be the one who'll get ask to do things which is alright.

And sometimes, the moment you say no or don't wanna help them. They'll play victim. As if everything must go smooth and easy for them at the expense of others
WhyLifeIsUNFAIR9
post Jun 23 2018, 10:23 AM

Getting Started
53 posts

QUOTE(magasel @ Jun 20 2018, 02:25 PM)
what to do

sometime I regret take accounts degree

Should have taken engineering degree.

I work in female dominated office, while I watch my co engineers go out and get to do all the guy stuff.

Not saying that working with guys is a piece of cake.

But unlike guys, women colleagues can be oversensitive and take offence very easily.

Once they take offence, they will do stuff like boycott you or marginalize you socially.
[COLOR=red]
As for guys, they tend to be more forgiving and just forget about it.
Seriously, high 5 Bro!

Exact same situation I'm noticing now as well. I thought I was thinking too much

Glad to know I'm not the only one out there who's in this same situation
TSIrresistible
post Jun 24 2018, 03:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,189 posts

QUOTE(WhyLifeIsUNFAIR9 @ Jun 23 2018, 10:23 AM)
Seriously, high 5 Bro!

Exact same situation I'm noticing now as well. I thought I was thinking too much

Glad to know I'm not the only one out there who's in this same situation
Seems like I m not the only male that have such problem...

All these,years, in order able to mix wit them, I m doing more ,even taken advantage, I m also silent.

This yr, I m not so "kind" like last time, doing everything being labelled "calculative", "selfish", and "sudden change".

I really hoping,for some solution, maybe leaving is the best solution.

This post has been edited by Irresistible: Jun 25 2018, 02:04 PM
Sam Kk
post Jun 25 2018, 12:17 PM

Getting Started
102 posts

Please make a decision to resign and leave for greener pastures. I am sure after 6 years, you would have gathered much experience and can move forward for a better paycheck. Don't let people exploit you under the pretext that 'you are nice person'. Everyone can be nice but up to a point. Do something for yourself instead. You have a good character in helping others, so don't stop helping others. Just stop helping others do their job which they are already paid for. All the best ya!

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0160sec    0.49    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:43 PM