Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Embedding contacts/handle in my YT videos, posted in this forum

views

TSwild_card_my
post Jun 15 2018, 11:28 AM, updated 6y ago

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

Question, I am about to launch a Youtube series, it is a high-effort production divided into two mini-series, the pre-production for item (1) has already been completed and I have about 30 of them ready to roll right after raya:

1. 5-minute quick tips on mortgage/personal-finance, which will be posted based on schedule, this will be posted online periodically, answering general as well as specific issues.

2. Quick video responses to questions related to mortgage/personal-finance, questions can originate from LYN, Facebook, direct PM/whatsaps/telegram
communications, etc. The questions will be included in the videos and I will answer them as best as I professionally can - if you notice, I never propose my solutions without figures/illustrations/official-quotations/documents to back me up. The reason for (2) is I noticed it is best for me to explain these (sometimes repetitive) questions to everyone in one go through a video as this saves time AND it can be much easier to explain and understand in person/video as different people absorb knowledge/information differently.

So due to the effort and the videos being created NOT-EXCLUSIVELY for LYN forum, I would still have to put my social-media handles and contact details in them - namely my twitter, FB pages, etc, just to be fair as the audience will want to get in touch with me. So what is it going to be? Would it be ok to post these video responses with leads pointing right back to me? I can assure you that they would benefit anyone watching them. Keep in mind that a lot of videos posted on LYN have their own share of handles and contact information it's just that they may not have been posted by the owner themselves

These videos are not some low-effort posts like embedding the contact details in photos and sharing name cards; but specific, in-depth answer to the questions posted.

Finally, as text posts, would it be OK for me to post the fact that I was a banker, specifically dealing with mortgages and personal finances? Doing so validates my already strong and elaborate answers that I post here, and that I am not some 2-bit hack; but an ex-banker who is currently a mortgage coach and a mortgage broker sharing my experiences to help those in the dark.

lifebalance
post Jun 17 2018, 12:35 AM

Licensed Financial Planner & Financial Adviser's Rep.
All Stars
10,029 posts

With the track record of wild_card_my in the mortgage thread trying to promote himself and his services, this new creative effort is no different of another "Self Promotion" within a NON-PROMOTIONAL thread.

These kind of videos are no different from property agents creating simple videos of properties listing/projects and posting their contact details whether it's in-depth or not. Promotion is still a promotion.

If you're keen in sharing information for education purpose in THIS forum, I don't see why you need to leave a contact behind in the video other than PROMOTIONAL purpose disguise as "Education Material / Sharing Purpose".
TSwild_card_my
post Jun 17 2018, 12:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(lifebalance @ Jun 17 2018, 12:35 AM)
I have received a lot of complaints from people who have communicated with you and they claimed that you are rude to them and have made multiple mistakes during your advice directly to them - I will bring show them if you ask for proof, but I expect that you wouldn't because you know your own track record. You are probably afraid of my levels of knowledge and eloquence which trumps yours in any way - it's not always that you meet someone like me that boldly calls you out for every lies and mistake that you have made

Lets talk about record, you give the wrong advice all the time and would report me for calling you out; almost every post here have been reported by, i suspect, yourself and ignored by the mods because they are true. You can't even defend them that's why you never reply to them

I am bringing my game to higher levels, something you can't imagine to catch up upon and you are pissing your pants knowing that you can never compete - so you try to cry over to the mods and trying to sanction me. There tons other social media out there where I can land my videos, but I have a deep connection with Lowyat forums given my 2003 origin, so I would like to make it my home base. I have been here probably before you were wearing diapers, so I want to give it back to the platform

These are the examples of my work, see the effort and simplicity of my explanation? You are angry because you can't get to my levels, and because I call you out when you try to promote your life insurance:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

All you can do is cry and hide behind the mods, but my ambition is much grander, my effort is more concentrated, my knowledge is more wholesome, and my skillsets trumps yours and it shows. Your background is insurance, so all you want to do is to sell insurance, so when I call you out for your malicious tactics and got you angry.

Here's a list of mistakes that you have made and I plan on continuing them as we go along. They are very simple things, something a lot of people who dabble in this industry would know, but you got them wrong all the same. Why do you even do this? I know that you are in this to sell your MLTA products, but there is no need to answer questions that you are not sure about; as usual, i will call you out every time you get out of line:

Not familiar with document requirements for financing
Giving wrong information on minimum property price purchasable for foreingers
Shared wrong information on waiver of stamp duty
Not knowing that you can withdraw from EPF account 2 as part of the 10% deposit
Giving wrong advice on maximum withdrawal limit on EPF account
Lying to customer on refinancing his property to settle of AKPK0tagged account
Plagiarizing external articles and claiming it as his own
Not knowing the difference between Bumi-lot and leasehold

This post has been edited by wild_card_my: Jun 17 2018, 12:59 PM
lifebalance
post Jun 17 2018, 02:13 PM

Licensed Financial Planner & Financial Adviser's Rep.
All Stars
10,029 posts

Lol from asking promotion videos permission and then swing to another topic when you can't face the fact. Picking fights whenever you like.

Sounds like Najib.

Continue with your cheap blows against other consultants like what you did to Juihwei lately when people disagree with your viewpoint and you starting to call people names and degrade them. You're not the only person with financial knowledge and financial licensing.

A simple disagreement in here and you already start talking nonsense and picking another fight.

Always talk best about yourself and the rest are idiots or conman whereas you're the holies dude and continue to manipulate words.

I ain't got time to educate mental patient.

Cheers.
TSwild_card_my
post Jun 17 2018, 02:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(lifebalance @ Jun 17 2018, 02:13 PM)
Lol from asking promotion videos permission and then swing to another topic when you can't face the fact. Picking fights whenever you like.

Sounds like Najib.

Continue with your cheap blows against other consultants like what you did to Juihwei lately when people disagree with your viewpoint and you starting to call people names and degrade them. You're not the only person with financial knowledge and financial licensing.

A simple disagreement in here and you already start talking nonsense and picking another fight.

Always talk best about yourself and the rest are idiots or conman whereas you're the holies dude and continue to manipulate words.

I ain't got time to educate mental patient.

Cheers.
Put it this way. I don't like conmen, unfortunately you find plenty of hard-pusher in the insurance industry, and I am just doing what I do - to call them out. Jiuhwei got what he deserved, he attacked me personally instead of the idea that I propose. And the fact that you are defending him, says a lot about you and AIA - since both of you guys are from the same company, I can see why you are on his side.

Insurance should be treated as a backup, but product pushers like the two of you hate me when I say that; so instead of attacking my ideas, you are attacking me as a person. You know that you are not eloquent nor knowledgable enough to counter my points (don't have to write so properly la, this is but a public forum), yet you are afraid of what is coming for you and refused to engage me on any discussions. There are plenty of mistakes that you have made that I have yet to address which I will get around to soon

How can you defend a person like this?

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by wild_card_my: Jun 17 2018, 02:29 PM
goldfries
post Jun 18 2018, 07:05 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

I think you guys should bring your matter elsewhere, perhaps meet and have a good chat.

As for the videos - where are you posting it?

We're fine with videos, even I post my videos too. The question is how you do it, some people blantantly disregard rules of a section and open threads to promote their video content.
kok_pun
post Jun 21 2018, 01:10 AM

Mortgage Expert
850 posts

I am no friend of either one of them and to be frank wild_card_my is doing a decent job and supporting Lyn for quite some time.

I know wild_card_my in a few award recognition events and a good lad he is.

On the contrary, since this is brought up, Aia Keith aka lifebalance was giving the same amount of good advices and bad advices equally

Of course wild_card_my is a strong advocate of mrta over mlta while Lifebalance and I are on the opposite side, I do not condone lifebalance actions and reactions. Everyone has it’s own opinion and if you have a different view you can have a friendly conversation instead of sabotaging other people.

At least he is giving facts and not I’ll advices that lifebalance gave on numerous accounts

And I know you just reported my last post in insurance talk v4.

Come on man, if you are behind, and other capable advisors are leading you to the right way, be humble and bulk up your knowledge man. You should be grateful that many of us are willing to share our ideas for FREE. Those are intellectual properties man.

If this persists, Admin goldfries, please do something.
kok_pun
post Jun 21 2018, 01:14 AM

Mortgage Expert
850 posts

ill* advices
kok_pun
post Jun 21 2018, 01:22 AM

Mortgage Expert
850 posts

I did a lot of prospecting back in 2010 until 2014. And I am back to contribute back to the Lyn community. And I don’t get paid for this, just a token of appreciation and repaying to Lyn that I always love.

Be grateful lifebalance.

I shared wrong info before and I believe wild_card_my did the same too. We accept other people’s opinions and we corrected ourselves and life moves on.

Ignorance is not always a bliss.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0125sec    0.26    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:05 PM