Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

4k tv under RM3k, Sony or Samsung or LG??

views

tishaban
post Nov 14 2018, 04:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

QUOTE(Arvinaaaaa @ Nov 14 2018, 09:17 AM)
Lg is good too, samsung mainly because of its oled tech.
Correction, Samsung does *NOT* make OLED TVs. They make OLED phones

LG, Sony, Panasonic and a few others make OLED TVs. Unfortunately none are below RM3k brand new biggrin.gif

tishaban
post Dec 11 2018, 01:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

QUOTE(Joseph Hahn @ Dec 10 2018, 03:40 PM)
Sorry to hear that but really depends on your luck i guess. I bought my TV from Lazada and it arrived in less than 48 hours. TV works fine too. Definitely impossible to get the same price elsewhere. But the risk is there...
While I'm a huge fan of buying online, but quite a number of stores can match whatever price you get online. I was at Best Denki KLCC earlier and the Samsung 55" NU7100 and NU8000 TVs were equivalent or slightly cheaper at the store ie around RM2,400 and RM4,300 respectively. These are the same as what you'd pay on Lazada during 12.12 sales

The thing is the risk is there even when you buy at the store as some models especially high end ones aren't available at the store so you have to wait for them to deliver it anyway.
tishaban
post Dec 20 2018, 02:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

QUOTE(shahizz @ Dec 20 2018, 02:17 PM)
Where can i buy tcl r617. Too many good reviews on this tv
I usually recommend Amazon or Best Buy although I've been annoyed when the Amazon delivery doesn't carry the large packages up to the 4th floor apartment. Unfortunately neither ships to Malaysia, the TV is only available in north America.

tishaban
post Dec 23 2018, 11:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

QUOTE(Karen1995 @ Dec 23 2018, 09:35 PM)
please help to confirm. If I purchase Sony X7000F, then I purchase another android box and connect to the tv, it will be the same as X7500F???
The external android box may use its own remote, vs a single remote on the Sony
The apps on the X7500F can maybe integrate better with the capabilities of the TV eg. 4k/HDR

On the other hand, an external box is significantly more versatile. Too slow? Upgrade. Gaming is also an option.
Choices galore, don't like the China made android boxes? Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, Raspberry pi/kodi, nVidia Shield, Apple TV etc.

Personally I'd say you're better off with an external box although some people say the X7500F panel is better than the X7000F panel biggrin.gif
I had to cross Sony off my list as both the X7000F and X7500F cannot stream bluetooth audio. Ended up with a Samsung.

tishaban
post Dec 24 2018, 10:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

QUOTE(Karen1995 @ Dec 24 2018, 10:28 AM)
my major concern is, the built in android will stop running after 3years... what is the point to own it then. 
If that happens in 3 years then go buy your external android box. Whatever you buy in 3 years will be far better than what is available today. Don't limit yourself to whatever is built in, simple.

QUOTE(Karen1995 @ Dec 24 2018, 10:28 AM)
Regarding to the bluetooth audio, isn't using external speakers better? or do you mean the tv don't support bluetooth connection to the speakers?
Yes, Sony X7000F (no bluetooth at all) and X7500F (bluetooth for keyboard pairing only) cannot support bluetooth connection to speakers, it'll only work via HDMI/optical cable. If you have bluetooth soundbar or speakers, they will not work. I tested it at the store.

tishaban
post Jan 2 2019, 09:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

QUOTE(BOTAK_WAI @ Jan 2 2019, 08:33 PM)
color not important for me in choosing a tv.

motion interpolation more important for me.

well, not all people like this kind of smoothing effect.
I absolutely hate motion interpolation, first thing I turned off on my Samsung NU7400
But I agree that the color makes little difference on a low end TV, I can't see much of a difference in color, but I do see enough of a difference in contrast.

For fast motion, Sony seems to be among the better ones. Bring your own file on a USB stick, play it back at the store. Larger, high bitrate videos may not play as well on some TVs.

tishaban
post Jan 7 2019, 04:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

QUOTE(Ugly_Kid_JT @ Jan 6 2019, 04:00 PM)
I am not sure whether I made the correct choice or not between UK6300 and X70F. Very very confusing and headache after read quite a lot of the TV info nowadays, VA, IPS, RGB, RGBW, true 4K fake 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, blablabla....
To see how well your TV can actually display, adjust the settings a bit (see rtings.com for details, I trust them more than most youtubers) then download the free demos from 4kmedia.org and start playing.

In my limited experience there's very little difference between the low end Samsung, Sony and LG when playing proper 4k demos. Once you get to the real world ie low resolution input, compressed video etc. then you see differences but even then it's not huge.

Good luck.

tishaban
post Jan 10 2019, 10:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

QUOTE(numbertwo @ Jan 10 2019, 10:28 AM)
So, i guess it is their aggressive  product development that they are focusing on, never put your hope on using the product with appropriate parts and support after 5th or 6th year.  Have to go back to Pana for aircond, and now switching to Sony with at least 5 years warranty..
I'd say all manufacturers don't build stuff to last nowadays, Sony and Panasonic included. Your issues started in year 6 so I'm not sure what relevance a 5-year warranty would be. Sony could still discontinue the parts after year 5, fulfill all their requirements for warranty support and you won't be able to repair your TV.

I guess we're all out of luck nowadays. sad.gif

tishaban
post Jan 11 2019, 10:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

QUOTE(DigitalBoogaloo @ Jan 10 2019, 11:42 PM)
when does samsung 2019 tv comes out?
Closer to Q2 or even mid year.
When the TVs come out you'll be paying full retail price for them with little if any discounts.

Some functionality announced for 2019 Samsung TVs eg Apple TV and Airplay will actually be made available on 2018 TVs too

tishaban
post Mar 3 2019, 08:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

QUOTE(littleprawn @ Mar 3 2019, 05:57 PM)
thanks for the review...
most probably i get the nu7400 for my living room...

any idea on the performance if play ps4?

or should i wait next month heard Samsung gonna release new model...   hmm.gif
The NU7400 is still a low end TV, the difference won't be much between the different brands.

Most of the manufacturers will release their 2019 models around April-June timeframe. Yes you can wait, but there won't be any discounts for the new ones, expect to pay close to full price. The 2018 models should be discounted further, although I'm not sure how much lower. As a comparison, I paid RM2,688 for the 55NU7400 during 12.12 sales at Sen Heng, haven't seen it that low since...

This post has been edited by tishaban: Mar 3 2019, 08:29 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0566sec    0.50    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:22 AM