Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

108 Pages « < 75 76 77 78 79 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

4k tv under RM3k, Sony or Samsung or LG??

views

likeazit
post Nov 18 2019, 12:04 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

Hi sifus,

Following great tips here, I got myself the samsung remote during 11.11

Quite shocked to see the panel display time of more than 35k minutes.

Suspected something was amiss during installation as the tv was already signed in to a different samsung account. When I called the salesman, he assured me tv is new, and that the signed in user was the tester in their factory which forgot to sign out.

I am now not sure whether i should confront HLK for lying, cos I took extended warranty with them. If I show them the svc photo below, confirm they know I snooped around in the setting, and I scare they make story that my warranty is now void. Cant find any problem with the tv so far, but donno la how many more hours before problem will start. For the price I paid which is just a bit less than the brothers here who got brand new, if the seller ask me, confirm I will fork out that extra RM.

Any opinion from sifus here on HLK aftersales? Can they be relied on when broke down later on?

user posted image
ruzaini88
post Nov 18 2019, 10:15 AM

Getting Started
233 posts

QUOTE(likeazit @ Nov 18 2019, 12:04 AM)
Hi sifus,

Suspected something was amiss during installation as the tv was already signed in to a different samsung account. When I called the salesman, he assured me tv is new, and that the signed in user was the tester in their factory which forgot to sign out.

I am now not sure whether i should confront HLK for lying, cos I took extended warranty with them. If I show them the svc photo below, confirm they know I snooped around in the setting, and I scare they make story that my warranty is now void. Cant find any problem with the tv so far, but donno la how many more hours before problem will start. For the price I paid which is just a bit less than the brothers here who got brand new, if the seller ask me, confirm I will fork out that extra RM.

Any opinion from sifus here on HLK aftersales? Can they be relied on when broke down later on?

user posted image
Damn...u paid for the new set but u get a demo set.
Take evidence and lodge report to consumer association.

likeazit
post Nov 18 2019, 03:25 PM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(ruzaini88 @ Nov 18 2019, 10:15 AM)
Damn...u paid for the new set but u get a demo set.
Take evidence and lodge report to consumer association.
Thats the problem, no evidence other than verbal assurance that it's a new set. I have whatsapp messages with the salesman, but in the end, its the warehouse that ships out. I am thinking of emailing HLK at their complaints unit, but I want to be sure first that just opening the SVC info screen doesn't void warranty, particularly the extended warranty. Appreciate sifus views.
kennykong85
post Nov 18 2019, 03:43 PM

Getting Started
256 posts

QUOTE(likeazit @ Nov 18 2019, 03:25 PM)
Thats the problem, no evidence other than verbal assurance that it's a new set. I have whatsapp messages with the salesman, but in the end, its the warehouse that ships out. I am thinking of emailing HLK at their complaints unit, but I want to be sure first that just opening the SVC info screen doesn't void warranty, particularly the extended warranty. Appreciate sifus views.
aint sure if it voids the warranty, but u can confront the sales man la, kasi more discount, orr....ask for refund? mine display time is slightlyless than u leh if not mistaken. if i m in ur shoe, i totally cant swallow this shxt esp when u were inform that its new infact its a display tv...well i guess the salesman c my face ady busuk busuk so upfront tell me its display la...but i get no discount la 2

to me, i actually hope my unit breakdown asap,so that i can claim warranty and get old parts replace. so to preserve ur tv, as long as
1. dont let the kids use their hand to press on the screen.
2. dont clean the screen with wet cloth / wet tissue especially its on standby mode.
3. must use proper tv stand ( dont just lay the tv against the wall without stand ) this i assure u confirm tv kaput becoz my old samsung flat tv i lay it on the wall without tv stand (previously installed on wall) 2 mths down the road, the screen kaput...

other than that, lets cross our finger and hope the tv live long for 10 yrs thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by kennykong85: Nov 18 2019, 03:47 PM
likeazit
post Nov 18 2019, 03:57 PM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(kennykong85 @ Nov 18 2019, 03:43 PM)
aint sure if it voids the warranty, but u can confront the sales man la, kasi more discount, orr....ask for refund? mine display time is slightlyless than u leh if not mistaken. if i m in ur shoe, i totally cant swallow this shxt esp when u were inform that its new infact its a display tv...well i guess the salesman c my face ady busuk busuk so upfront tell me its display la...but i get no discount la 2

to me, i actually hope my unit breakdown asap,so that i can claim warranty and get old parts replace. so to preserve ur tv, as long as
1. dont let the kids use their hand to press on the screen.
2. dont clean the screen with wet cloth / wet tissue especially its on standby mode.
3. must use proper tv stand ( dont just lay the tv against the wall without stand ) this i assure u confirm tv kaput becoz my old samsung flat tv i lay it on the wall without tv stand (previously installed on wall) 2 mths down the road, the screen kaput...

other than that, lets cross our finger and hope the tv live long for 10 yrs  thumbsup.gif
I saw yours, i think urs is 240k minutes right, mine around 35k only. So thats my consolation.

I already whatsapp salesman nicely to see how he replies. He is checking with warehouse. The vibe that I got with him so far is positive, always nice in replying online, call also no problem answering. Gonna see what HLK gonna respond. Thanks for the replies guys
Someonesim
post Nov 18 2019, 05:21 PM

In my way
9,132 posts

QUOTE(likeazit @ Nov 18 2019, 12:04 AM)
Hi sifus,

user posted image
I would suspect it's recon/refurbished or whatever they call, Samsung repaired and put back to stock. It might explain why late 2019 but they still got 'brand new' 2018's model to sell.
Not sure on TV or Samsung, but I know Apple iphone such thing are common, as I accompanied friend change iphone 4 for more than 7 times ( mostly refurbished unit, even if Maxis service center manager grab a 'brand new sealed' unit to us )
Aparaa
post Nov 19 2019, 10:02 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

So sad today. My 65" sony 4K tv have decided to die. Images on the screen keep on flickering. Its only 2.5 years old. Have anyone had this kind of experience before? Repair price quoted is close to the price of a new unit. This is a very expensive loss cry.gif
puchongite
post Nov 19 2019, 10:13 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
29,254 posts

QUOTE(Aparaa @ Nov 19 2019, 10:02 AM)
So sad today. My 65" sony 4K tv have decided to die. Images on the screen keep on flickering. Its only 2.5 years old. Have anyone had this kind of experience before? Repair price quoted is close to the price of a new unit. This is a very expensive loss  cry.gif
That brings me to the question of when people buy >RM 10k TVs, how do they protect themselves ?

Do they have like 10 years warranty or something ?
Aparaa
post Nov 19 2019, 10:18 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Nov 19 2019, 10:13 AM)
That brings me to the question of when people buy >RM 10k TVs, how do they protect themselves ?

Do they have like 10 years warranty or something ?
Manufacturer warranty is 2 years. If you got extra money can buy warranty extension (If not mistaken for a few hundreds RM a year). I trusted the sony brand and didn't buy. R.i.p to my tv
szecheng
post Nov 19 2019, 11:46 AM

Casual
460 posts

So sad today. My 65" sony 4K tv have decided to die. Images on the screen keep on flickering. Its only 2.5 years old. Have anyone had this kind of experience before? Repair price quoted is close to the price of a new unit. This is a very expensive loss  cry.gif
sony what model?
kennykong85
post Nov 19 2019, 01:31 PM

Getting Started
256 posts

So sad today. My 65" sony 4K tv have decided to die. Images on the screen keep on flickering. Its only 2.5 years old. Have anyone had this kind of experience before? Repair price quoted is close to the price of a new unit. This is a very expensive lossĀ  cry.gif
tiada warranty meh? oh din buy, this round buy new tv must include warranty liao, better than spend the few hundreds...
sony wo warranty less tarak? wat an unfortunate event , but look at the bright side, u get to pick another smart tv/ android tv again, hurrah!

This post has been edited by kennykong85: Nov 19 2019, 01:32 PM
nexona88
post Nov 19 2019, 03:55 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,806 posts

QUOTE(Aparaa @ Nov 19 2019, 10:18 AM)
Manufacturer warranty is 2 years. If you got extra money can buy warranty extension (If not mistaken for a few hundreds RM a year). I trusted the sony brand and didn't buy. R.i.p to my tv
well if the repair price near to new TV price..
then I suggest u just buy new one.. and this round please do add warranty extension too (to be safe side).
Convael
post Nov 19 2019, 04:02 PM

Regular
1,069 posts

QUOTE(Aparaa @ Nov 19 2019, 10:18 AM)
You still have not told us the model number . Enlighten us please .
Aparaa
post Nov 19 2019, 04:24 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(szecheng @ Nov 19 2019, 11:46 AM)
sony what model?
QUOTE(Convael @ Nov 19 2019, 04:02 PM)
You still have not told us the model number . Enlighten us please .
Sony Bravia 4k hdr led kd-65x7500d.

No more sony for me. Next time will try other brand.
enduser
post Nov 19 2019, 06:20 PM

Regular
1,185 posts

Just asking, do u stay near any tnb substation or industrial area?
nexona88
post Nov 19 2019, 06:37 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,806 posts

QUOTE(Aparaa @ Nov 19 2019, 04:24 PM)
Sony Bravia 4k hdr led kd-65x7500d.

No more sony for me. Next time will try other brand.
Samsung quite okay..
Panasonic too..

others not sure..
Aparaa
post Nov 19 2019, 08:39 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(enduser @ Nov 19 2019, 06:20 PM)
Just asking, do u stay near any tnb substation or industrial area?
No
szecheng
post Nov 19 2019, 09:12 PM

Casual
460 posts

What the repair shop says?
What Need to be change..?
Aparaa
post Nov 20 2019, 05:27 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(szecheng @ Nov 19 2019, 09:12 PM)
What the repair shop says?
What Need to be change..?
Need to change the led screen
cutypuppy
post Nov 20 2019, 10:28 AM

Casual
331 posts

LG also very reliable, my home LG use for around 6yrs, still work nice, just they obsolete the YouTube apps in the TV manual, so I have to connect my notebook to watch YouTube.

108 Pages « < 75 76 77 78 79 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0160sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:15 AM