Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Grab Rent & Drive Gold worth it?, Advice required, urgent

views

TSghostcommand
post Jun 13 2018, 02:10 AM, updated 6y ago

On my way
660 posts

Hello all Grab sifu,

I am currently a uni student in PJ/Damansara area thinking of driving Grab to earn some extra pocket money, as I have a lot of spare time.

I would have to rent and drive because I don't own a car, and Grab currently offers a rental program (Rent & Drive Gold) that says you pay RM300 a week for a Nissan Almera - http://grb.to/rentgold

This means rental is approx RM1200/month, not including other expenses such as petrol and data plan. Need to commit at least 30 driving hours/week and 40 jobs weekly. Btw, the rental program contract is 6 months.

Anyone has done this before? Is it profitable or is it better to work a temporary job elsewhere with RM10/hr?

Any advice would be much appreciated, many thanks all.
YoungMan
post Jun 13 2018, 09:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,393 posts

You need to think if you can't reach the target of RM1200, can't even make enough to pay the rent, let alone petrol and all other expenses. I would say if you are willing to commit driving, go for it. but If you plan is just to do part time in a more relax manner, better get your own car.
yhtan
post Jun 13 2018, 09:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

this one is old program, i don't think is available now, new one is bezza rental
skylinelover
post Jun 13 2018, 12:40 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

haha not worth it laugh.gif doh.gif

better graduate get a job and then only grab on weekends better laugh.gif rclxms.gif

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0126sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:09 AM