Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

which uni better?, For MBA

views

rollover
post Jun 12 2018, 05:37 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

Alternatively, if you can qualify, then go for Asia School of Business
Almost full scholarship for Malaysians. Top notch program, although still building up their reputation.
Lots of exposure and job opportunities overseas at graduation.

Go to one of their events (see their facebook page) and talk to the people there to see if you qualify, the academics I hear is pretty rigorous.

rollover
post Jun 13 2018, 01:12 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(sabrina222 @ Jun 13 2018, 12:56 PM)
Hmm what if is to make a cv look better, at least better than degree alone
I agree with Topace 100%

Your objective is to get a better job but your mentality is still the apply and hope someone will look at my CV. An MBA from a noname university will not make your CV look better because most hiring managers would like at experience first assuming you get past the automated filters. An MBA from a top university will look better only for someone who can afford to hire you at that rate.

Networking done well will gain you far better opportunities.

rollover
post Jun 13 2018, 05:50 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(TBJ @ Jun 13 2018, 04:53 PM)
where did you see full scholarship for malaysian? thanks
Internal source. Best to go talk to them directly.

rollover
post Jun 13 2018, 11:05 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(TBJ @ Jun 13 2018, 09:08 PM)
thanks. the course really worth few hundred k in quality?
ROI for an MBA = cumulative future earnings
future earnings = career services + next job after MBA + b-school reputation + alumni + professional network + a little bit of the stuff you learn during the MBA + your own capabilities

IMO ASB has the advantage for your next job after your MBA and to a lesser extent the professional network, primarily due to its MIT link and the silicon valley trip they take every year.

At the same price level and assuming you can get in to both ASB and INSEAD/NUS/Chicago, obviously INSEAD/NUS/Chicago is a better choice as their alumni and reputation are far ahead. Throw in the scholarships and the balance tilts to the other direction.

Having been to the campus multiple times, talked to the CEO and other faculty members, I think it's a good program with a lot of potential. Personally if I had to do it all over again I would seriously consider ASB.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0150sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:48 PM