Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Android Head Unit, must have apps

views

VeeJay
post Aug 8 2020, 12:35 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(faujc99 @ Aug 6 2020, 08:45 PM)
any good recommendation for a quality hu with great sound quality? i see most accessories shops now sell china brand, some without brand but selling close to 2k price, 4gb ram 64gb memory octa-core processor. is there any good brand out there?
check out convex, Cogoo and yes they are china brand.

dont go with anything less than 2GB ram

This post has been edited by VeeJay: Aug 8 2020, 12:35 AM
VeeJay
post Aug 8 2020, 12:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(kaizer_x @ Aug 8 2020, 12:23 AM)
just changed my myvi 2014 oem radio to soundstream 1032D..so far the launcher and apps are smooth price also not bad rm699
I think this is similar to convex, the face and description looks the same. Many of the OEM are being rebranded.
VeeJay
post Apr 27 2021, 10:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(Vervain @ Feb 6 2021, 02:06 PM)
Sharing my Android headunit i bought last month.

Model: Sky Navi 10.1?
Installed on: Santa Fe CM
Casing required: Not really required, just 2 din casing modded.
Screen Size: 10.1 inch
Screen Resolution: 1024x600 (CPU-Z)
Screen Type= IPS
CPU: 2xARM Cortex-A75 @ 1.8GHz (CPU-Z)
        4xARM Cortex-A55 @ 1.8GHz (CPU-Z)
RAM+Storage: 6G+128G
Android Version: 10
GPS: Yes, come with its on antenna receiver, installer help glue to corner of front screen, running wire on the side ceiling of front passenger side
GPS Reception: Pretty good, no complain from that yet
FM: Yes, find its reception no different than stock
Wifi: Yes, connect to phone hotspot
Bluetooth: Yes
Simcard slot: Yes 4g, i think its also 5g ready.
DSP: Yes, but not fully utilized
Time Alignment: Yes, but not utilized
USB: 2 slot, 1 USB is hooked up to a USB volume knob, another to a 4x power usb hub for future projects
Rear Camera support: AHD, running 720p Sky Navi 360 camera
Front Camera support: Yes, see above
Android Auto: No, but comes with carplay. Android Auto will install later
Google App Store: Yes
Mirrorlink: None
Most Utilized Apps: Waze, Youtube,youtube music, apple music Spotify, Google Map

Other Pros
-Very fast. Ipad pro 2020 speed and response

Cons
-locked engineering mode. Bluetooth cannot connect to ELM 327

Damage:RM1500 inclusive, casing, installation, screen protector.
Good that you got with 6GB RAM, mine is similar to your but older model, more than 4 years ago with 2GB RAM

But why didnt they give you the unlock password? Normally they would. Your DSP is better as well.

Im running one model with 2 camera and the other with 360 camera (4 cameras)

Both model, I have connected to OBD2 so I can view and set my ECU and clear any faults. Im also using it to view my fuel usage, etc.
VeeJay
post Apr 30 2021, 01:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(RegistraCHAN @ Apr 29 2021, 10:31 AM)
i just notice
The Player izzit devide by 2
I for Android
the other Run on different system
I notice the middle one mean for android other than that run by what?

sorry noob here

user posted image

the question is if this it not the best spec, will it ruin my camera system that come out with this unit
i see there is 360° camera in my display.
if the processor and spec r low will it some how lag my camera system
sorry bro, just want too understand from the mistake i made
I think you are mistaken, there is only one OS, which is android. The arrow you are pointing is similar to android home screen. You can access installed app and settings over there.

For car player there is a skin installed liked android auto, many name to it. And this skin interface helps to integrate whats needed for the car like, maps, radio, Bluetooth interface to phone, etc.

Hope that helps.

As for camera, I cant say much, since my players cant take in 4 input hence I have external device controls the camera and the output of the camera is displayed on the player screen. Im not sure if your player can take in 4 cameras.

If I understood your question wrongly, maybe you can reiterate your question again.
VeeJay
post Oct 15 2021, 04:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(adriankan @ Oct 15 2021, 10:33 AM)
has anyone heard of this brand called Xtrons before? apparently they are quite well rated overseas but i notice the shops here mostly dont carry them, but xtrons has an official shop in lazada/shopee.

thinking to buy from them because my car (mazda) apparently cant simply buy any android unit, need canbus to connect the speakers to work with the unit, so if i buy android unit have to also buy canbus separately (which is expensive apparently), AND also a casing, whereas this xtrons model is all in one with the player, casing and canbus in one housing.

only issue is this model is 2GB RAM + 16GB storage so not sure enough or not. their more expensive model is 1.5k but is still 2GB RAM + 32GB storage

user posted image
It will be beneficial for you if you were to read couple of pages back on the reviews.

Im strongly against 2GB, wont recommend at all. As for canbus, most of the unit nowadays do have built in canbus. Mine has (review couple of pages back) which Im using on Passat
VeeJay
post Nov 27 2021, 06:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(zeese @ Nov 27 2021, 12:14 AM)
Hi guys. Does android hu able to have netflix installed? I'm thinking to get one, so, my kids can watch netflix during a long journey.
Havent really tried, but I guess it depends on if that Android version is supported.
VeeJay
post Feb 10 2023, 07:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(mindspring @ Feb 10 2023, 03:04 PM)
so i installed my 7862s with 2K screen (2000x1200) yesterday. it is an brandless version of M6 Pro Plus.

original reverse cam works. the only drawback is the fisheye become "wider". i can even see my own plate number, and the upper vision is kinda blocked by the body of the car.

since it is 2K screen, most of the apps UI looks terribly optimized and out of proportion. buttons, icons, text, sidebars, etc. most of them become so small.

i tried maps (google), the map become too zoomed out. this fark up things up when there are multiple turns in such short distance, TOTALLY CANT SEE THE TURNS ON THE MAP. need to zoom in manually, but then it wont lock to my moving car. also the junction view is small too.

i tried looking around to adjust the display setting (both in app and player settings), but there is nothing. even the "factory settings" for the player is kinda limited.

so.. if you guys thinking of getting a 2K screen, u might want to rethink again.

again, this is OEM brandless player. u might want to get a branded one for better software supports.

sigh.
You might want check at the Admin Configuration menu (forgot the actual name, need to relook at my HU), you would need the 4 digit pin code to access.
VeeJay
post Apr 15 2023, 06:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,763 posts

QUOTE(tkyong1 @ Apr 14 2023, 07:40 PM)
Hi guys,

Need help.

Couple days ago, i still can download from play store.

Today, when i try to download / install anything in playstore, it keep showing "pending" for hour.

When i try using my phone play store, can download / install normally. Only the Android head unit in the car cannot.

Other function of the head unit working fine, wifi, navigation all ok.

Any solution? What would be the issue?
Maybe outdated android version? Whats the version you are running.

You can try to hard reset (pin) and see if that works

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0301sec    0.15    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:40 PM