Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Crap caught gaming driver

views

TSys2233
post Jun 10 2018, 04:48 PM, updated 6y ago

1 posts

No pics/screenshots will be posted although it has been saved. For those who had similar experiences, can pm me so that we can share the data when the occasion is right for further investigations.

Have been suspicious for a long time that crap is cheating driver incentive by shifting their first trip to the previous hourly block. For eg if your first trip is after 8am, it will record as 7.59am in the incentive thus depriving you of incentives for both 7 and 8am blocks. Amount may not be much (at most rm4) but if multiplied by 1000 drivers, they are saving a few thousand/hour!

On previous many occasions I had no real evidence as the history and incentive tab recorded as the same time eg 7.59am. but on 7june, they screwed up and recorded as 8.00am (history) and 7.59am(incentive)!!

Which driver is so stupid to go online at XX:59? Am aware of this, that's why will go online 20-30sec after the top of the hour. That's why I am 100% certain I did not accept the job at XX:59 when I was still offline.

Previous complains always came back with the standard reply that we will investigate. End of story. Now that I have real evidence, won't even bother to waste my time complaining.

For others who are similarly cheated, let's get together to discuss further action.
nagasaran
post Jun 10 2018, 05:50 PM

Casual
316 posts

Wow. Aku nampak the legendary pukimaki Thomas Smith

Kalau fikir x untung, gantung kunci je.

thomas kepala butohhh!!!

Xde orang letak pistol kat kepala u paksa u bawak grab kan?
Xde orang letak pisau kat leher u paksa u bawak grab kan?
😂😂😂

Aku cakap macam ni betul tak? 👆
ZeroHavoc
post Jun 10 2018, 05:54 PM

Getting Started
103 posts

online at 35sec marks on every starting hour/min

youre welcome
yunalesca
post Jun 10 2018, 09:01 PM

On my way
694 posts

QUOTE(ZeroHavoc @ Jun 10 2018, 05:54 PM)
online at 35sec marks on every starting hour/min

youre welcome
Sometimes it work in our favor too. That day i thought i accepted the trip at 6:00pm but it is at 5:59pm. But because it is a long trip, i only finished the trip 50 minutes later. Then i accepted a rm 5 trip at 6:50pm. I then got incentive for that hour. If it is at 6:00pm and 6:50pm, i would not get any incentive.
yhtan
post Jun 10 2018, 09:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,546 posts

QUOTE(ys2233 @ Jun 10 2018, 04:48 PM)
No pics/screenshots will be posted although it has been saved. For those who had similar experiences, can pm me so that we can share the data when the occasion is right for further investigations.

Have been suspicious for a long time that crap is cheating driver incentive by shifting their first trip to the previous hourly block. For eg if your first trip is after 8am, it will record as 7.59am in the incentive thus depriving you of incentives for both 7 and 8am blocks. Amount may not be much (at most rm4) but if multiplied by 1000 drivers, they are saving a few thousand/hour!

On previous many occasions I had no real evidence as the history and incentive tab recorded as the same time eg 7.59am. but on 7june, they screwed up and recorded as 8.00am (history) and 7.59am(incentive)!!

Which driver is so stupid to go online at XX:59? Am aware of this, that's why will go online 20-30sec after the top of the hour. That's why I am 100% certain I did not accept the job at XX:59 when I was still offline.

Previous complains always came back with the standard reply that we will investigate. End of story. Now that I have real evidence, won't even bother to waste my time complaining.

For others who are similarly cheated, let's get together to discuss further action.
Give charity 1min to grab, after all sacrifice 1min to ensure u get in the right block is worth it
TSys2233
post Jun 10 2018, 10:20 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Jun 10 2018, 09:27 PM)
Give charity 1min to grab, after all sacrifice 1min to ensure u get in the right block is worth it
This is not about charity but plain cheating by changing the time stamp! How do you explain the different time stamp on the history and incentive listing? And why only the first trip and not others?

This must have been done manually cos computers can't interpret a time stamp differently for different purposes. Unless of course this has also been intentionally programmed.
AskarPerang
post Jun 10 2018, 10:49 PM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,136 posts

Aiyo it is well known that Grab clock is slow by 25 sec.
And also Grab calculates based on the rider request time, not the time you accept the trip request.

Example passenger starts request at 5:59:40.
3 drivers ignored the request, then the 4th request come to you, when you accept sure the trip will be count at 5.59. Even tough the time you accept, the clock already passing 6.00.

Hope you understand.
yhtan
post Jun 10 2018, 10:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,546 posts

QUOTE(ys2233 @ Jun 10 2018, 10:20 PM)
This is not about charity but plain cheating by changing the time stamp! How do you explain the different time stamp on the history and incentive listing? And why only the first trip and not others?

This must have been done manually cos computers can't interpret a time stamp differently for different purposes. Unless of course this has also been intentionally programmed.
U don't understand the system well enough, When rider order at 6.59:50, it will still consider as 6pm slot when there is a match of driver.

There is a buffer time of 30 sec or 1min to search driver when u booking, i know this after discussion with some senior and learn it with bitter experience in the past. If u don't believe, go use the rider apps and experience yourself.

Which is why i start with 7.01:30 time to ensure i take at least 58 or 59 mins instead of 1 hrs full. So that u can 100% ensure in the correct time.

No need to complain to Grab, i highly doubt they will alter their system just because of this request by driver, there is other much more room of improvement to be make.

skylinelover
post Jun 10 2018, 11:05 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Jun 10 2018, 10:51 PM)
U don't understand the system well enough, When rider order at 6.59:50, it will still consider as 6pm slot when there is a match of driver.

There is a buffer time of 30 sec or 1min to search driver when u booking, i know this after discussion with some senior and learn it with bitter experience in the past. If u don't believe, go use the rider apps and experience yourself.

Which is why i start with 7.01:30 time to ensure i take at least 58 or 59 mins instead of 1 hrs full. So that u can 100% ensure in the correct time.

No need to complain to Grab, i highly doubt they will alter their system just because of this request by driver, there is other much more room of improvement to be make.
Haha i start 7.01 ngam ngam also the job is still clocked 7pm exactly laugh.gif rclxms.gif
TSys2233
post Jun 10 2018, 11:38 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Jun 10 2018, 10:51 PM)

After completing >10k trips, I fully understand how the system work from both the laymen and programmers view. Their earlier email clearly stated that trips are time stamp based on acceptance time (unlike Uber which is time of request)

That's why I always give allowance of 20-30s for the system to clear old bookings.

But who can explain the different time stamp on the history and incentive listing which can only be viewed the fiollowng day.

And how to explain an online time of 1hr 1min (don't laugh) for the hourly block but incentive calculated for 60min and not 61min.

yhtan
post Jun 10 2018, 11:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,546 posts

QUOTE(ys2233 @ Jun 10 2018, 11:38 PM)
After completing >10k trips, I fully understand how the system work from both the laymen and programmers view. Their earlier email clearly stated that trips are time stamp  based on acceptance time (unlike Uber which is time of request)

That's why I always give allowance of 20-30s for the system to clear old bookings.

But who can explain the different time stamp on the history and incentive listing which can only be viewed the fiollowng day.

And how to explain an online time of 1hr 1min (don't laugh) for the hourly block but incentive calculated for 60min and not 61min.
Up to you, make a big fuss in front of top management in teh tarik session or town hall session will help u icon_rolleyes.gif

I rather fighting 100% sure for giving up 1 or 2 mins, rather than risking 50% for getting the full 60 mins block.

And seriously u take the CS email in serious note? laugh.gif

Each booking has 15 seconds for driver to accept, so each rider booking maybe got 3-4 request spamming out, that is about 1min interval time there, i don't know why u want to risk it with 30 second time. If no demand area understandable. If high demand area u are just shooting your own foot. whistling.gif

U are more senior and u should know this is not the major problem grab driver is facing, i rather they address their ETA in accurate timing so that restore back rider confidence, and of course less flaming or dispute by rider, another thing is cancellation issue by rider, be it half way, upon arrival. Look at it there is much more serious issue they have to tackle rather than this timing issue, and mind u incentive might be discard in the future just for your information, so no need to worry about your own issue rclxms.gif rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by yhtan: Jun 11 2018, 12:05 AM
TSys2233
post Jun 12 2018, 11:09 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(SabunDettol @ Jun 11 2018, 10:25 PM)
if you guys can gather enough evidence from multiple drivers can go for class action lawsuit already 😊
The problem is that majority still have the "tidak apa" attitude. As stated, the amount is small rm1-5 per day. But this is clean honest earning that you deserve. How many even bother to audit the daily incentive listing? If crap is transparent, why do they take the trouble to block screenshots of incentives listing?

Are you going to wait till you are wiped clean just like what the previous government did?

TSys2233
post Jun 12 2018, 02:13 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(SabunDettol @ Jun 12 2018, 11:23 AM)
grab inherited their horrendous management practice from tan chong, a company known for its massive civil lawsuits, so whatever ahbeng style of running a business they learn it from their sifu la. if you think they will ever change then you've dream longer. it's in their blood
I know most of TC managers who migrated en masse to EON and made a killing selling protons in the 80s/90s. Most of crap's staff were not even born yet! So it's not inherited per se but more of taking short cuts to achieve their KPI. if you look at their apps program, then you know what I mean. Even modded apps can co-exist. Try that with Uber... You can't even log-in with a fake GPS location!

Well we took 60 years to change the govt, I don't expect crap to even change anything except for their own benefit. But every journey begins by taking the first step!
skylinelover
post Jun 12 2018, 11:55 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

Haha this popcorn session is awesome laugh.gif rclxms.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0129sec    0.21    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:23 PM