Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Macbook Air Battery at "Service Battery"

views

TSAchilles
post Jun 10 2018, 10:18 AM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
296 posts

Hi All,

need some advice and help, my MacBook air battery showing at "Service Battery" signal and I am trying to google on what to do, unfortunately cannot find a good solution other than go to Switch, before I do that, would like to check anyone have any experience before and can this situation be solved by ourselves instead of going to switch?
worst case is battery replacement that I currently checking the price. but when I use coconut battery to check the battery capacity, actually my battery still have 65% .. so need help for the advice of what to do? any tips can solve if is software issue? tqvm
mizuan
post Jun 10 2018, 11:03 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

I had the same issue. Its a hardware issue and you need to change your battery soon. I think I got mine replaced for around RM350-RM400 at Plaza Imbi. No more "Service Battery" alert and back to 100%.
TSAchilles
post Jun 10 2018, 11:43 AM

Getting Started
296 posts

QUOTE(mizuan @ Jun 10 2018, 12:03 PM)
I had the same issue.  Its a hardware issue and you need to change your battery soon.  I think I got mine replaced for around RM350-RM400 at Plaza Imbi.  No more "Service Battery" alert and back to 100%.
thanks for your reply, I am hoping still can solved it if software issue.. you get the third party battery replacement or from the authorise apple store ? I am in Penang so not so familiar with KL location
mizuan
post Jun 10 2018, 11:52 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

Third party but its an OEM product. Works like the one you'll get via Apple store. Good luck trying to solve it via the software.
TSAchilles
post Jun 10 2018, 12:03 PM

Getting Started
296 posts

QUOTE(mizuan @ Jun 10 2018, 12:52 PM)
Third party but its an OEM product.  Works like the one you'll get via Apple store.  Good luck trying to solve it via the software.
thanks
piscesguy
post Jun 10 2018, 01:07 PM

私の名前はりゅうです
3,940 posts

u need to change battery asap as the CPU is limited to 50% speed with "Service Battery" signal
wei
post Jun 13 2018, 02:29 PM

Get your Macs done right!
6,491 posts

Speed throttling only occur if the battery are totally not recognised.
Under "Service Battery" notice, you should still able to use the unit normally. Provided the battery does not expand of other anomalies. The notice will change to "Replace Soon" and "Replace Now", by then only you are advice to replace the battery.

The notice will not go away until you replace to new battery. Just live with it for now till you decide for new battery. Example, the battery still charge and performing fine.
TSAchilles
post Jun 15 2018, 09:40 AM

Getting Started
296 posts

QUOTE(wei @ Jun 13 2018, 03:29 PM)
Speed throttling only occur if the battery are totally not recognised.
Under "Service Battery" notice, you should still able to use the unit normally. Provided the battery does not expand of other anomalies. The notice will change to "Replace Soon" and "Replace Now", by then only you are advice to replace the battery.

The notice will not go away until you replace to new battery. Just live with it for now till you decide for new battery. Example, the battery still charge and performing fine.
Wei, thanks for your sharing.

The unit is working ok except the battery drain faster than normal. I wrote a mail to switch to ask for the price one week ago, but they never reply 😅
wei
post Jun 15 2018, 03:04 PM

Get your Macs done right!
6,491 posts

These are non-retail purchasable part. You need to contact the service centre directly. We do carry full range of replacement battery if you are in KL.
TSAchilles
post Jun 17 2018, 09:55 AM

Getting Started
296 posts

QUOTE(wei @ Jun 15 2018, 04:04 PM)
These are non-retail purchasable part. You need to contact the service centre directly. We do carry full range of replacement battery if you are in KL.
Thanks, may I know the full range of battery replace is genius from apple or consider third party? mind to PM me what is the price range?
tarvalslain87
post Jun 27 2018, 12:15 PM

(•_•) / ( •_•)>⌐■-■ / (⌐■_■)
Group Icon
Staff
5,045 posts

QUOTE(Achilles @ Jun 17 2018, 09:55 AM)
Thanks, may I know the full range of battery replace is genius from apple or consider third party? mind to PM me what is the price range?
Dont wait for the email. Call their help center or even better, walk-in. They might ask you to bring in your mac to check.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.32    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:39 PM