Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicClosed TopicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Tenant ignore calls and not paying 2 month rent, Resolution

stevenkkh
post Jun 9 2018, 04:53 PM, updated 6 months ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

I know this question asked for a few time already. My scenario is my tenant of 1st floor of my shop does not paying her rent since one month ago owing me 2 months rent till now. She just ignore my SMS, Watsapp, Call etc.

As my shop is in JB and I am in PJ, so I will be heading over to JB to look for her. So, I am looking for the worst possible scenario where she will be most probably ignoring me staying at the 1st floor of my shop without any intention to resolve this issue.

Therefore, I am looking for any option for me in this scenario:

1. Issue an eviction notice in accordance to the tenancy agreement to the defaulting tenant giving the tenant certain grace period to handover vacant possession and pay all overdue rental;

I seriously doubt this is going to work with her attitude of just ignoring all the calls without any intention to discuss, so this is plain waste of time and more losses to me in terms of rental and time.

So I have a look at one of the opinion on this action which to me seems the best:

The current practice is for the landlord to lodge a police report and break the lock in the presence of a police officer and other independent witnesses in order to avoid further complications. A prudent landlord would take as many as possible photos of the interior of the demised premises to ensure that the tenant would not later claim loss of properties.

It is also advisable to place a notice on the front of the property informing the tenant if he wants to take back his assets in the house, he shall contact the landlord within 1 or 2 weeks’ time. Besides, you may also place a photocopy of the landlord’s police report together with the notice to indicate that the landlord had made the police report.

Have anyone try this before to have the police to accompany you if no one around the premise especially in JB? Or even if she is presence, how should I proceed to deal with this? Locking the entrance to my shop's 1st Floor?
enkil
post Jun 9 2018, 05:14 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

Yup police report and break the lock should do it.
stevenkkh
post Jun 9 2018, 05:27 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(enkil @ Jun 9 2018, 05:14 PM)
Yup police report and break the lock should do it.
But if she is still presence in the rented premise, what can you do if she insists to ignore you or even lock you out from the premise?

Even with police presence, what can you do?

YoungMan
post Jun 9 2018, 09:25 PM

Regular

Hopefully this can help.
https://asklegal.my/p/rental-does-not-pay-r...nancy-agreement
pisces88
post Jun 10 2018, 12:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!

even with police presence she ignore? then its trespassing lo.. police can instruct her to open the lock right..
enkil
post Jun 10 2018, 11:08 AM

Regular

QUOTE(pisces88 @ Jun 10 2018, 12:52 AM)
even with police presence she ignore? then its trespassing lo.. police can instruct her to open the lock right..
I will lock her in brows.gif

tikusniaga
post Jun 10 2018, 11:12 AM

Regular

QUOTE(enkil @ Jun 10 2018, 11:08 AM)
I will lock her in  brows.gif
Yes, since the tenant is lawless, do it without mercy.

Report police and act.

jimmywong1
post Jun 11 2018, 11:52 AM

Eviction is a painful process if this tenant knows the way around the law so you need to do this careful or it might come back to haunt you.
The easier way is to quick go to TNB/Syabas and terminate your account. The tenant can't last long without water and electricity and she cannot apply another account unless you give a letter of approval.

Bump TopicClosed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0593sec    3.35    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th November 2018 - 02:54 AM