Dating a girl that ... smokes

views

TSTOHNO
post Jun 8 2018, 08:03 AM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
244 posts

Hi all

I've been dating to this girl lately.

She's nice , sweet lovely, speaks good english and is generally pretty educated. She does tick many of my boxes.

I really wanted to ... well at least try being with her , you know , at least give it a shot.

But there's a problem... she smokes .. her whole family smokes. Which is a huuuuge problem.

I'm a personal trainer and I take fitness and health very seriously.

I workout 5x a day , no alcohol , no ciggs , no narcotics , early nights ( sleep before 10am ) , early mornings ( wakes up at 530am ) ,and all that stupid fitness crap... i do them rather religiously

I do understand that life's stress can be rather demanding and cigarettes might be her answer.

But as far as experience goes ... my previous relationship goes ... it went sour as soon as i tried to intervene with her lifestyle ... and I'm afraid it might backfire again with this girl.... if anything i don't want things to turn sour... not like how it did in the past.
TSTOHNO
post Jun 8 2018, 08:31 AM

Getting Started
244 posts

Seems that nicotine is that addictive huh.

A few days back when we kissed ... all I taste is nicotine . I decided to take a whiff of her forehead and the smell of cigs was so strong.

I was quite bumped out after that.

But yeah I don't think I should invest too much emotions into this one. Way too risky
TSTOHNO
post Jun 8 2018, 12:38 PM

Getting Started
244 posts

Thanks for the advice guys

guess it won't work out , better end now that setting myself up for a painful heartache.

Welp life goes on
TSTOHNO
post Jun 8 2018, 12:38 PM

Getting Started
244 posts

QUOTE(RX-93 @ Jun 8 2018, 10:09 AM)
I suppose your smoke box’s  cross is big enough to overlap all her tick boxes. So verdict is. Pass lo....

If you are serious about her. Here is an embarrassing idea.
Get her pregnant to confirm wether she will or will not quit smoking.
If she does, then you settle the bill lo. Get your package, unbox it and be happy lo.
Bro your idea is totally insane. No way in hell a sane man would do that lol
TSTOHNO
post Jun 13 2018, 08:38 PM

Getting Started
244 posts

Nah we called it off already, don't wanna prepare myself for a massive argument later on.

For those who are asking what's the big idea.

Well this is basically MY thought process , it isn't right or anything just an opinion from the tip of my skull.

1. Eventual Child

- Yes I'm thinking way too far, but if I'm committing to a relationship with you it's for an eventual spouse and to an eventual child.

and chances are smokers well ... I rather leave this part out .

2. Horrendous Investment

RM10/day to bring you even more issues in the near future? Sounds like a bad investment

3. Hospitalization

Medical bills are one thing but seeing a lover suffer when she's 60 - 70 , don't sound fun

Surely all these aren't set in stone. Heck i might get cancer one day , i never know but i dont think being with someone that's increasing his/her chances of an even more painful future is worthwhile.

Hence

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0145sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:50 AM