Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Which Diamond Is Better?, For engagement ring

views

TSplush
post Jun 6 2018, 05:40 PM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
217 posts

Hi guys, i have 2 options of diamonds for an engagement ring at hand.

Which do you think is a better option?

The sales person keeps pushing the G colour diamond saying that it is better than a 3EX stone.

Please advice. Thanks!

Attached Image
Attached Image
num123
post Jun 6 2018, 05:44 PM

Casual
375 posts

i advise to top up abit or lower down the carat size to get a diamond with 3ex cut and better colour grade

This post has been edited by num123: Jun 6 2018, 05:45 PM
TSplush
post Jun 6 2018, 05:52 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(num123 @ Jun 6 2018, 05:44 PM)
i advise to top up abit or lower down the carat size to get a diamond with 3ex cut and better colour grade
would the J color be noticeable if there is no reference stone to compare to?
kambingkoh
post Jun 6 2018, 06:11 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(plush @ Jun 6 2018, 05:40 PM)
Hi guys, i have 2 options of diamonds for an engagement ring at hand.

Which do you think is a better option?

The sales person keeps pushing the G colour diamond saying that it is better than a 3EX stone.

Please advice. Thanks!

Attached Image
Attached Image
Lol. Such terrible sales. That is not even a 3EX to begin with. The only reason I can think of is that they need to let go of the old stones because none 3EX is hard to let go. You can see this stone is from 2015. In fact the calculated ideal weight for that G is only 0.69ct.

The J colour is the better option. The proportions are better and the light performance should be great. As for difference in colour, it should be noticeable but I won't be bothered about it if I have only that G and this to choose from.

It is pretty normal for US people to buy warmer colours like J because it is more value for money. And with good light return it can look whiter actually, when look from top-down. Most of the warm colour will be on the body itself.

Have you seen both diamonds? What do you think?

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Jun 6 2018, 06:12 PM
TSplush
post Jun 6 2018, 06:28 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Jun 6 2018, 06:11 PM)
Lol. Such terrible sales. That is not even a 3EX to begin with. The only reason I can think of is that they need to let go of the old stones because none 3EX is hard to let go. You can see this stone is from 2015. In fact the calculated ideal weight for that G is only 0.69ct.

The J colour is the better option. The proportions are better and the light performance should be great. As for difference in colour, it should be noticeable but I won't be bothered about it if I have only that G and this to choose from.

It is pretty normal for US people to buy warmer colours like J because it is more value for money. And with good light return it can look whiter actually, when look from top-down. Most of the warm colour will be on the body itself.

Have you seen both diamonds? What do you think?
Thanks for your insight bro. Unfortunately its a remote purchase. I have not had the chance to see them under ideal and aset scopes. I too personally feel the J stone is better in terms of light performance. However the sales person says otherwise.

This post has been edited by plush: Jun 6 2018, 06:30 PM
kambingkoh
post Jun 6 2018, 08:30 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(plush @ Jun 6 2018, 06:28 PM)
Thanks for your insight bro. Unfortunately its a remote purchase. I have not had the chance to see them under ideal and aset scopes. I too personally feel the J stone is better in terms of light performance. However the sales person says otherwise.
Oh? Remote purchase? From Malaysian seller?
TSplush
post Jun 6 2018, 10:12 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Jun 6 2018, 08:30 PM)
Oh? Remote purchase? From Malaysian seller?
an australian company that is trading diamonds.
kambingkoh
post Jun 7 2018, 01:57 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(plush @ Jun 6 2018, 10:12 PM)
an australian company that is trading diamonds.
Ok. My advice is to skip the G. And to skip this company altogether. That diamond is not only non 3EX to begin with, but it is not even a Triple VG as it only score Good for Symmetry. Saying that it is better than the J is really lying right at your face. I just don't find them honest.

If you want to look for a good diamond, start with at least 3EX.

If you keen to buying online, there are online vendors like WhiteFlash and Brian Gavin Diamonds and Zoara. I am affiliated with all of them. You can of course visit local vendors such as iDo, Tailored Jewel, Memory Jewellery, Zcova, Wah Chan, etc.
TSplush
post Jun 7 2018, 08:45 AM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Jun 7 2018, 01:57 AM)
Ok. My advice is to skip the G. And to skip this company altogether. That diamond is not only non 3EX to begin with, but it is not even a Triple VG as it only score Good for Symmetry. Saying that it is better than the J is really lying right at your face. I just don't find them honest.

If you want to look for a good diamond, start with at least 3EX.

If you keen to buying online, there are online vendors like WhiteFlash and Brian Gavin Diamonds and Zoara. I am affiliated with all of them. You can of course visit local vendors such as iDo, Tailored Jewel, Memory Jewellery, Zcova, Wah Chan, etc.
Thanks for the pointers. I will have a look at the options that you have provided.
kambingkoh
post Jun 7 2018, 12:40 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(plush @ Jun 7 2018, 08:45 AM)
Thanks for the pointers. I will have a look at the options that you have provided.
No problem. Let me know if you need help.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.24    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:47 AM