Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Engagement Ring Recommendation

views

kambingkoh
post Jun 6 2018, 05:28 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(ZTAP @ Jun 6 2018, 05:14 PM)
I think i have the answer already, anyway, no matter how the decision goes, really appreciate your professional opinions, thank you so much koh !  biggrin.gif
Glad to help. wink.gif
TSZTAP
post Jun 7 2018, 09:39 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Jun 6 2018, 05:28 PM)
Glad to help. wink.gif
Hi bro, just some update for the engagement ring. I bought the diamond engagement ring yesterday night, the diamond is a 0.32 carat one and im satisfied with it, at least from my eye its very nice haha. I was trying very hard to follow your advice and this is the closest i can find haha. Although its an SI2 clarity stone, but its an eye clean stone so i guess its still acceptable. FYI, the GIA certification number is 6252850763 biggrin.gif
kambingkoh
post Jun 7 2018, 11:29 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(ZTAP @ Jun 7 2018, 09:39 AM)
Hi bro, just some update for the engagement ring. I bought the diamond engagement ring yesterday night, the diamond is a 0.32 carat one and im satisfied with it, at least from my eye its very nice haha. I was trying very hard to follow your advice and this is the closest i can find haha. Although its an SI2 clarity stone, but its an eye clean stone so i guess its still acceptable. FYI, the GIA certification number is 6252850763  biggrin.gif
Wow. That's fast.

Well I will just be straight. It is abit deep to my liking. 62.8% is pretty deep, so the light return is probably not as good. The pairing between crown angle and pavilion angle is acceptable though. That being said, since this is a D color diamond, it will definitely look whitish enough. The fire of the diamond should be pretty good in pin fire environment, like candle light environment, but may be dull off in office light environment. But again, I believe the whitish D color may help it to look better (my guess). The 75% lower girdle should return bold sparks while the high crown and small table should again, squeeze more fire out. biggrin.gif

Most importantly, you saw it and you like it. I think that's what matters at the end of the day. wink.gif

May I know how much did it cost you?

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Jun 7 2018, 11:32 AM
TSZTAP
post Jun 7 2018, 11:33 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Jun 7 2018, 11:29 AM)
Wow. That's fast.

Well I will just be straight. It is abit deep to my liking. 62.8% is pretty deep, so the light return is probably not as good. The pairing between crown angle and pavilion angle is acceptable though. That being said, since this is a D color diamond, it will definitely look whitish enough. The fire of the diamond should be pretty good in pin fire environment, like candle light environment, but may be dull off in office light environment. But again, I believe the whitish D color may help it to look better (my guess).

Most importantly, you saw it and you like it. I think that's what matters at the end of the day. wink.gif

Yea, it actually shine more than the 0.30 i show you yesterday and its quite eye clean under 10x magnification so i guess it should be ok haha. Both the diamond and 18k ring cost me RM3.1k tho. Worth it?
kambingkoh
post Jun 7 2018, 12:07 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(ZTAP @ Jun 7 2018, 11:33 AM)
Yea, it actually shine more than the 0.30 i show you yesterday and its quite eye clean under 10x magnification so i guess it should be ok haha. Both the diamond and 18k ring cost me RM3.1k tho. Worth it?
Did it look any better than the earlier 0.22ct?

The price is not bad. It is overall cheaper than Zoara as well. Probably by around RM 300 based on estimation. And it fits your bill! So yea, it is probably worth it I would say. smile.gif
TSZTAP
post Jun 7 2018, 01:04 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Jun 7 2018, 12:07 PM)
Did it look any better than the earlier 0.22ct?

The price is not bad. It is overall cheaper than Zoara as well. Probably by around RM 300 based on estimation. And it fits your bill! So yea, it is probably worth it I would say. smile.gif
Actually it did not look any different from naked eye, the only noticeable difference is the carat haha, after much consideration i still go slightly beyond my budget as this is a meaningful gift for my future wife, so my thinking was, aiya die then die la just buy it haha. If comparing this 0.32 carat and 0.30 carat side by side, the 0.30 one really looks dull a lot, not as shining as the 0.32 one, i guess its the excellent cut that makes the difference. biggrin.gif
kambingkoh
post Jun 7 2018, 03:22 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(ZTAP @ Jun 7 2018, 01:04 PM)
Actually it did not look any different from naked eye, the only noticeable difference is the carat haha, after much consideration i still go slightly beyond my budget as this is a meaningful gift for my future wife, so my thinking was, aiya die then die la just buy it haha. If comparing this 0.32 carat and 0.30 carat side by side, the 0.30 one really looks dull a lot, not as shining as the 0.32 one, i guess its the excellent cut that makes the difference.  biggrin.gif
Great then! Hope she will love it!
keanwaii
post May 1 2019, 11:26 PM

46 posts

Planning to get a carat lab diamond. Any recommended place to get it? Anything to look out for? Cert for IGI and GCAL which one more trustworthy?
Currently looking at brilliant earth
kambingkoh
post May 2 2019, 11:27 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(keanwaii @ May 1 2019, 11:26 PM)
Planning to get a carat lab diamond. Any recommended place to get it? Anything to look out for? Cert for IGI and GCAL which one more trustworthy?
Currently looking at brilliant earth
I would probably prefer IGI... seems more common compared to GCAL. Although GCAL has been around quite sometime doing diamond related things for awhile.

You may consider sourcing your diamond straight from India. That are lab-grown and IGI graded. You may want to compare the price first: http://allyoursjewels.com/
keanwaii
post May 2 2019, 06:52 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ May 2 2019, 11:27 AM)
I would probably prefer IGI... seems more common compared to GCAL. Although GCAL has been around quite sometime doing diamond related things for awhile.

You may consider sourcing your diamond straight from India. That are lab-grown and IGI graded. You may want to compare the price first: http://allyoursjewels.com/
Ohh. I never thought of buying lab diamond from India, since they didn't produce lab diamond right?
Is he trustworthy? Gotta pay 10 USD before anything started. Might give it a try. Thanks
kambingkoh
post May 2 2019, 08:10 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(keanwaii @ May 2 2019, 06:52 PM)
Ohh. I never thought of buying lab diamond from India, since they didn't produce lab diamond right?
Is he trustworthy? Gotta pay 10 USD before anything started. Might give it a try. Thanks
Yea, he is pretty trustworthy if you ask me. If not mistaken, India has most cutters in the world. A lot of mined raw diamonds go to them for cutting. So I presume it is the same for lab grown.

I have tried him by paying USD 10 before. The diamond he provided looks not too bad, although not 100% Hearts & Arrows. But for the price, it is certainly fair enough. However, the shipment is more expensive that I have anticipated, it is around USD 150 if not mistaken. That makes the diamond slightly more expensive than buying from another company, Zoara, which is now closed, unfortunately. Nonetheless, it is good to have another seller to do comparison.

Good luck yea. smile.gif
jblackhc
post Jun 25 2019, 07:40 PM

6 posts

Sorry if i'm asking a dumb question....
Is this GA7326731968 good?
DreMAx
post Jul 3 2019, 01:28 PM

Nature's Best Music
3,799 posts

I bought the engagement ring from Memory Jewellery at Sentul KL. Perhaps can try that one
jblackhc
post Jul 3 2019, 01:52 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(DreMAx @ Jul 3 2019, 01:28 PM)
I bought the engagement ring from Memory Jewellery at Sentul KL. Perhaps can try that one
Thanks for the recommendation smile.gif

DreMAx
post Jul 3 2019, 02:09 PM

Nature's Best Music
3,799 posts

QUOTE(jblackhc @ Jul 3 2019, 01:52 PM)
Thanks for the recommendation smile.gif
If you check their website, there isn't a lot of choices because the lady there hasn't got time to upload them.
However, at their place, they have quite a lot of samples for you take a look at depending on your budget.

Oh and they are not located in a shop but inside an office suite at level 6.
The basement parking is kinda narrow and to be honest parking spots can be a bit difficult to find.
Spawny
post Jul 7 2019, 08:44 AM

Lets do this
676 posts

Wah Chan sometimes sells very good 0.36 carat diamonds at their Mid Valley shop near the Aeon big.

Excellent cut, D, VSS1 to VS2 about 3k.

I only suggest you to go to 2 places for Wah Chan, the One Utama and Mid Valley branch as they have the most loose diamonds stocks.

As a person that has gone thru many different jewelry shops , its hard to beat their loose diamond price and your able to choose the setting for the diamond yourself at the shop itself

Good luck!
user_51
post Sep 13 2019, 12:37 PM

39 posts

Where can get cheaper afforable options for wedding ring? Klang valley. Price range for affordable ard how much?
busdriverrocks
post Oct 18 2019, 05:23 PM

Getting Started
189 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Jun 6 2018, 01:38 PM)
No problem. But if you are going back to that shop. Try ask for it. The proportions and the cut quality will affect the price.

https://www.zoara.com/diamonds/p_round_fine...id=myengringexp (affiliate link)

This one looks promising. 0.23ct E IF. Excellent colour and excellent clarity. This is probably the one I will buy based on what I can source. Don't have any performance images but should be above average. Price is USD 533 + USD 33 for shipping handling. Total is RM 566. Now should be tax-free if ship in to Malaysia.

If you want better cut quality or better proportions, you will have to cut down on either colour or clarity. But if you are concerned about colour and clarity and does not want to sacrifice too much on cut, then this is one of the better options there is to offer right now.

Transferring via MoneyMatch is 4.0032, making the price in ringgit to be RM 2265.81. Getting a basic solitaire ring setting from Memory Jewellery will be between RM 750 to RM 1000. They are not that thick but they can help with your budget. Anyway, I believe Wah Chan's rings are not that thick as well. My prediction is RM 3300 should be the final price. It is 10% up from your original budget so I am not sure whether this fits your bill or not.

Btw, Memory Jewellery is offering 0.3ct for RM 3500 including setting. You may consult them on Facebook as well. Not sure about the quality though.

My personal advice is to go for warmer colours and focus on cut quality and proportions. This can cut down the cost. While doing so, you can also consider diamonds with blue fluorescence to cut down additional cost as well, at the same time, it is said that blue fluorescence can make warmer coloured diamonds look whiter.
sure bo.. 0.3ct with setting is RM 3500
busdriverrocks
post Oct 18 2019, 05:27 PM

Getting Started
189 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Jun 7 2018, 11:29 AM)
Wow. That's fast.

Well I will just be straight. It is abit deep to my liking. 62.8% is pretty deep, so the light return is probably not as good. The pairing between crown angle and pavilion angle is acceptable though. That being said, since this is a D color diamond, it will definitely look whitish enough. The fire of the diamond should be pretty good in pin fire environment, like candle light environment, but may be dull off in office light environment. But again, I believe the whitish D color may help it to look better (my guess). The 75% lower girdle should return bold sparks while the high crown and small table should again, squeeze more fire out. biggrin.gif

What is the ideal cut? since you meantio 62.8% is deep.. so i can have a idea which cut better for fire & lighting

kambingkoh
post Oct 18 2019, 06:10 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(busdriverrocks @ Oct 18 2019, 05:23 PM)
sure bo.. 0.3ct with setting is RM 3500
Long time ago promotion. 0.3ct G colour VS2 I think.

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0206sec    0.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:20 AM