Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Nitendo Switch

views

TSmaxcwy2016
post May 31 2018, 01:31 AM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
125 posts

Is Nitendo Switch worth the money ? The Pokémon Lets Find the Pikachu had attracted me to have a nitendo switch and I have never used a nitendo product before. Will there be any facelift or upgrade version later on ? Because now I am in Europe so the price of nitendo switch here is 295 Euro which is about RM1365. So is it worth to buy it here ? Any problem faced by the owners ? Do you mind share your experience about it ?
sheushen
post Jun 4 2018, 01:55 PM

Getting Started
158 posts

Better buy in Malaysia, most of the shop are selling around RM12XX and below.
emino
post Jun 4 2018, 02:00 PM

IG - riezforester
5,935 posts

QUOTE(maxcwy2016 @ May 31 2018, 01:31 AM)
Is Nitendo Switch worth the money ? The Pokémon Lets Find the Pikachu had attracted me to have a nitendo switch and I have never used a nitendo product before. Will there be any facelift or upgrade version later on ? Because now I am in Europe so the price of nitendo switch here is 295 Euro which is about RM1365. So is it worth to buy it here ? Any problem faced by the owners ? Do you mind share your experience about it ?
If you plan to stay in Europe for about a year then buy there. Else, Malaysia. Switch doesnt have international warranty. Harga pun lebih kurang (heck I think some stores are selling 1250 now).

Been using it more than one year now (bought on release day) and so far only sent 1 joycon back for repairs (I have 5 pairs of joycons since I own 2 switches now).
TSmaxcwy2016
post Jun 4 2018, 04:43 PM

Getting Started
125 posts

Now I am studying in Germany so probably will be here for another few years. So I think is better to here. Thanks guys.
Pop The Bubbles
post Jun 11 2018, 04:48 AM

Getting Started
219 posts

You will have 2 years warranty if you buy there. Well worth the extra money.
TSmaxcwy2016
post Jun 11 2018, 06:09 AM

Getting Started
125 posts

QUOTE(Pop The Bubbles @ Jun 11 2018, 04:48 AM)
You will have 2 years warranty if you buy there. Well worth the extra money.
Oh I see. Thanks I will look forward to it smile.gif
BloodLust91
post Jun 22 2018, 10:51 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

Never regretted purchasing a Nintendo Switch. Able to play anywhere anytime even via online (by connecting to my mobile hotspot). More competitive games are coming in to Switch such as Paladins, AoV, FortNite and more. Do check it out!
wonkent
post Jun 30 2018, 08:47 AM

49 posts

if you are alone player and more to FPS game suggest you to buy xbox one
if you are alone player and more to action, rpg, adventure game suggest you to ps4
if you looking for console play anywhere and family/friends should get switch, but FYI switch battery life only 3 hour, and game are much more less then PS4 and xbox

xbox one, ps4, and switch all able play online

from person who had PS3, XBOX360 and WII console owner
TSmaxcwy2016
post Jul 1 2018, 09:30 PM

Getting Started
125 posts

QUOTE(wonkent @ Jun 30 2018, 08:47 AM)
if you are alone player and more to FPS game suggest you to buy xbox one
if you are alone player and more to action, rpg, adventure game suggest you to ps4
if you looking for console play anywhere and family/friends should get switch, but FYI switch battery life only 3 hour, and game are much more less then PS4 and xbox

xbox one, ps4, and switch all able play online

from person who had PS3, XBOX360 and WII console owner
Thanks for the advice. Now then I know that switch can only last for 3 hours, I thought it can at least handles 6 hours lol. I found a second hand Ps4 here with 500 GB for €150. No games and 1 Controller. But I don't know is it worth it or not. A new PS4 cost €300
wonkent
post Jul 2 2018, 09:30 AM

49 posts

QUOTE(maxcwy2016 @ Jul 1 2018, 09:30 PM)
Thanks for the advice. Now then I know that switch can only last for 3 hours, I thought it can at least handles 6 hours lol. I found a second hand Ps4 here with 500 GB for €150. No games and  1 Controller. But I don't know is it worth it or not. A new PS4 cost €300
well, for 2nd hand goods quality always's problem you need to concept to, have to plug it to TV play a while if seller allow
for ps, lens always problem since ps1 and radiating are important too
€150(RM700) really good price. if console are good condition
LegendLee
post Jul 2 2018, 10:12 AM

><3LG3|\|D
Group Icon
Elite
2,681 posts

QUOTE(maxcwy2016 @ Jul 1 2018, 09:30 PM)
Thanks for the advice. Now then I know that switch can only last for 3 hours, I thought it can at least handles 6 hours lol. I found a second hand Ps4 here with 500 GB for €150. No games and  1 Controller. But I don't know is it worth it or not. A new PS4 cost €300
1. If you play the switch in console mode, there are no problems with battery life.
2. Like most portable stuff these days, just use a portable charger to increase the battery life. A 20k mAh battery will last you for 15 hours.

Personally I spend a lot more time on the PS4 than the switch. But that’s just me. If you prefer Nintendo game and you mostly play on the go, a switch will be better.

Xbox one is a good mediabox but not a good gaming console.
I only use it to watch Netflix, VLC and Kodi. Interface is better than PS4 and it’s faster than most android TVs.

This post has been edited by LegendLee: Jul 2 2018, 10:16 AM
shinchan^^
post Jul 30 2018, 11:46 AM

K66
All Stars
21,256 posts

QUOTE(LegendLee @ Jul 2 2018, 10:12 AM)
1. If you play the switch in console mode, there are no problems with battery life.
2. Like most portable stuff these days, just use a portable charger to increase the battery life. A 20k mAh battery will last you for 15 hours.

Personally I spend a lot more time on the PS4 than the switch. But that’s just me. If you prefer Nintendo game and you mostly play on the go, a switch will be better.

Xbox one is a good mediabox but not a good gaming console.
I only use it to watch Netflix, VLC and Kodi. Interface is better than PS4 and it’s faster than most android TVs.
is the battery built in or detachable

just want to know whether changeable in the future hmm.gif
LegendLee
post Jul 30 2018, 12:39 PM

><3LG3|\|D
Group Icon
Elite
2,681 posts

QUOTE(shinchan^^ @ Jul 30 2018, 11:46 AM)
is the battery built in or detachable

just want to know whether changeable in the future hmm.gif
Build in.
Not sure if it can be easily replaceable.
moniqee
post Aug 3 2018, 11:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,860 posts

Impulse Gaming @ Sunway Branch - RM1179 (for either neon / grey set) but u need to get at least 1 accessories (tempered glass lah) / 1 game
asus_2g
post Oct 18 2018, 01:53 PM

32 posts

Just be careful, dont jailbreak ur switch
sjneow
post Oct 24 2018, 02:08 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(MatrixRevolution @ Oct 23 2018, 11:04 AM)
I think Switch and PS4 complements each other very well.

PS4
Pros:
- for the powerhouse AAA games with realistic graphics, not possible on switch.
- Cheaper games, tons of discount for older games and a lots of gems are cheap and collectible as digital games.
- Xbox dont hold a candle to it...lol.
Cons:
- I cant bring it to toilet with me...cry.gif

Switch
Pros:
- You can now stop playing Angry bird on your phone and play a real console game anywhere!
- Exclusive Nintendo games are fabulous and you cant get it anywhere. This and portability are the reason i bought a Switch.
- For clean Family fun with kids and friends. Nintendo is local multiplayer king.

Cons:
- Games are more expensive. Discounts are minimum and Nintendo games hardly ever get discount online...like NEVER.
- Besides Nintendos 1st party and a few strong support from major 3rd party like Ubisoft and SquareEnix, there is very little else. There are tons of Indies...but i hate Indies and 2D pixellated graphics. So this can be a pros or cons dependsnon what you like.
- Nintendo online is rip off...luckily, i share a Family plan with other people. Otherwise, not worth it.
Vita owner here XD

Sony has remote play app for windows PC. so if you have a small windows tablet it is doable as well.
LegendLee
post Nov 14 2018, 12:15 PM

><3LG3|\|D
Group Icon
Elite
2,681 posts

QUOTE(Linkbotw @ Nov 14 2018, 10:11 AM)
Fuiyo..buy Xbox just to watch Kodi and Netflix...sweat.gif

Anyway, use HTPC to watch Netflix and others...

When it comes to media , PC > All.
During promotion like 11-11 sale. It’s possible to find an Xbox One S for about Rm700-800
Most high end TV box capable of lag free 4K is about that price too.

Can’t compare with HTPC in terms of flexibility. But the Xbox 1S is better in terms of
1. Dedicated IR Remote. Can use this to switch on the Xbox remotely.
2. Looks a lot better than most HTPC case
3. Lower power consumption (usually) and they run quieter as well (usually).
4. 4K hdr support
5. HDMI pass through
6. Optical out
7. Supports Dolby Atmos
8. 4K blu Ray player.
9. All of the above with almost no customization effort needed for a pretty low price.
LegendLee
post Nov 14 2018, 12:27 PM

><3LG3|\|D
Group Icon
Elite
2,681 posts

QUOTE(Linkbotw @ Nov 14 2018, 12:19 PM)
Nah...waste of money to me. And i have an Xbox 1 (original) and Xbox 360. Xbox this gen is totally pointless. No exclusives and the XB One Is weaker than a standard PS4.

Anyway, i have no space in my TV rack to put another console..lol
If you already have an Xbox one, then there really is no point.
It’s great for those who are looking for a premium tv setup box and don’t want the hassle of a HTPC.

As a gaming console...
the Xbox one X might be worthwhile last year but not anymore with the next iteration coming up soon.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0153sec    0.80    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:57 PM