Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

girl as best friend, possible?, Read full story before comment please!

views

TSFlame111
post May 30 2018, 10:03 PM, updated 6y ago

24 posts

I wondered is it possible to for me and her to be best friends?

*Warning sibeh long background story, i like storytelling, i try to keep it short lah*

We know each other in foundation levels and after that we went to different degree, we do keep in touch along with another friend of ours. For clarity sake, let's name the character of today's topic - C and another female friend of ours - Z. Sometimes the three of us would bowl, squash, tennis and etc. C invited us to her 21yr old birthday party at her home and we attended.

After everyone left her party around 1am, I was the only one left at her home. We were drinking and chatting, and idk how dafuq we went to talk about our past. C had "ji mui or bff" in the past, but after her bff got jealous of her being popular with guys, she left her. After that C was hopeless and afraid of the term "best friend" and due to her strict parenting at home, she don't have many friends to hang with. C considered me and Z as one of her closest friend she had but not bff tier. Later, she mentioned it would be nice to have a male best friend, someone she could depend on if she wanna go to bar and got drunk. That instance had me thinking, maybe i could be her that male best friend she speak of. Since all my bros/bff are studying abroad (active whatsapp but no real life engagement), i don't really have ppl to talk about life.

However, she knows I have a girlfriend and she's afraid of having her male bff's girlfriend to be jealous etc. So I talked to my girlfriend, she was really supportive, knowing all I do was study and exercise and stuff. I haven't gave C a birthday gift yet but I was thinking of gifting her a samsung s9.

Why did I decided to gift her a phone?
1) Because her phone is some budget oppo phone that does not have sufficient storage space for her to play snapchat/bitemoji which she likes to.
2) She likes photography, although she has a camera but a phone camera is much much more convenient.
3) Her home does not have home wifi, their family uses mobile data for internet access, so she spend most of her time at home watching movies with her phone.
4) Her friends gave her necklace/earrings, which I don't think I should gift her the same thing. Yes i know girls can have multiple accessories but I'm not sure if the design i got for her is something she would like.

However as she comes from a so-so family background and she's only a university student and we are not close, I'm afraid the gift would be too burdened for her to accept and would furthermore weaken my chances of being her best friend.

So can I have advise on how to approach said issue? *Not looking to have her to be my best friend to do ons, I'm just dry to have a friendship, i wanna talk life and future with someone LOL*

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0123sec    0.40    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:19 PM