Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Volkswagen Vento 1.2 TSI Highline, Asking for comments for this car.

views

TSjerrynotjelly
post May 25 2018, 03:44 PM, updated 6y ago

1 posts

Dear all, anyone of you have any experience with this car? Either good or bad, please comment it here for learning and discussing purposes. Really wanted to know more about this car because recently the reviewer has been giving this car a high score.
RisingTide
post May 25 2018, 03:48 PM

47 posts

The Vento's 1.2 TSI engine is a very unreliable engine among the VW lineup.
Furthermore, the highline pairs this 1.2 TSI with the dry clutch DSG gearbox; which is also... very unreliable in our Malaysia stop/start traffic...

Lastly, the price, too expensive for a car with this level of equipment; an equivalent Mazda 2 would be better equip than this.

This post has been edited by RisingTide: May 25 2018, 03:48 PM
jfcheong
post May 25 2018, 05:12 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(RisingTide @ May 25 2018, 03:48 PM)
Furthermore, the highline pairs this 1.2 TSI with the dry clutch DSG gearbox; which is also... very unreliable in our Malaysia stop/start traffic...

Lastly, the price, too expensive for a car with this level of equipment; an equivalent Mazda 2 would be better equip than this.
hmm.gif hmm.gif
mega_shok.gif
yrh0413
post May 25 2018, 08:27 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,212 posts

As an ex-VW owner I recommend you look elsewhere. 7DSG is a timebomb.

Do note reviewers only drive the car for at most a week. It’s the long term ownership that kills
heavensea
post May 25 2018, 11:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,616 posts

Unreliable.
Not A GTR fanboy
post May 25 2018, 11:56 PM

1 posts

VW cars are unreliable and low resale value

xemoboyx
post May 26 2018, 12:23 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(Not A GTR fanboy @ May 25 2018, 11:56 PM)
did u own this model before?

low resale value.. yes laugh.gif
xemoboyx
post May 26 2018, 12:27 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

i have a vw polo gti currently, not exactly the same as vento 1.2 tsi...

But let me tell u something about vw ownership in msia. If u clock alot of KM, the service cost at SC will be expensive. Every service is at 15,000km. Expect about min Rm600 for the cheapest service. 2ndly, don't go to FA wagen to service ur VW, because they suck..Goh brothers SC is way better. and lastly, u must plan to sit this car for about 3-4 years,any more after that, the service will cost way higher, and RV will dipped kao kao.. this is not a car to sit 10 -20 years like jap car..

Rushy
post May 27 2018, 01:47 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

Go test drive it.
Test drove it few weeks ago, it is really fun to drive on the 1.2 TSI.
Spec wise, it is really lacking when compared to other car in the same segment. sad.gif

TSjerrynotjelly
post May 28 2018, 09:43 AM

1 posts

Are you currently owning one? Why say so??
TSjerrynotjelly
post May 28 2018, 09:44 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(yrh0413 @ May 25 2018, 08:27 PM)
As an ex-VW owner I recommend you look elsewhere. 7DSG is a timebomb.

Do note reviewers only drive the car for at most a week. It’s the long term ownership that kills
But recently not much on the complaints for dsg anymore isn't it? hmmm
TSjerrynotjelly
post May 28 2018, 09:44 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(Not A GTR fanboy @ May 25 2018, 11:56 PM)
Unreliable not sure ah, but resale value is expected haha.
TSjerrynotjelly
post May 28 2018, 09:46 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(xemoboyx @ May 26 2018, 12:27 AM)
i have a vw polo gti currently, not exactly the same as vento 1.2 tsi...

But let me tell u something about vw ownership in msia. If u clock alot of KM, the service cost at SC will be expensive. Every service is at 15,000km.  Expect about min Rm600 for the cheapest service. 2ndly, don't go to FA wagen to service ur VW, because they suck..Goh brothers SC is way better. and lastly, u must plan to sit this car for about 3-4 years,any more after that, the service will cost way higher, and RV will dipped kao kao.. this is not a car to sit 10 -20 years like jap car..
Understood, currently got 3 years free service, 4th year is RM2k+ lol..but it's ok, i accept if the driving experience makes up for it.
Okie, will probably go to Swire Motors to service haha.
TSjerrynotjelly
post May 28 2018, 09:46 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(Rushy @ May 27 2018, 01:47 PM)
Go test drive it.
Test drove it few weeks ago, it is really fun to drive on the 1.2 TSI.
Spec wise, it is really lacking when compared to other car in the same segment. sad.gif
Ah, I've not tested drive it, but already processing loan lol!!
Rushy
post May 28 2018, 01:35 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

Oh, you decided to buy the Vento 1.2 TSI?
minmin
post May 28 2018, 01:47 PM

Getting Started
187 posts

if you like continental car (handling, power, build quality, highway cruising with ease and comfort) just get this car.

At this price level (currently there is huge discount, u can get the car less than 80k with 0.88% bank loan). Comparing to same range City, Vios, Almera. this car is a straight win.

I own the vento 1.2, no regret. Power wise feel onpar with Japanese 1.8L car. Pick up, silent cruise and the classic VW interior with good build quality. (its not premium but the manufacturing process and the whole chassis you can definitely feel its more solid compare to Japanese car).

VW offer 5 years unlimitted warranty and 3 years free service. So i have not hesitated to just buy it and enjoy.

but of course if you are like the majority of car buyer, who are looking for spacious, better spec (reverse camera, keyless),resell value , long term ownership cost, then City and vios is your best choice.
TSjerrynotjelly
post May 30 2018, 03:09 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(minmin @ May 28 2018, 01:47 PM)
if you like continental car (handling, power, build quality, highway cruising with ease and comfort) just get this car.

At this price level (currently there is huge discount, u can get the car less than 80k  with 0.88% bank loan). Comparing to same range City, Vios, Almera. this car is a straight win.

I own the vento 1.2, no regret. Power wise feel onpar with Japanese 1.8L car. Pick up, silent cruise and the classic VW interior with good build quality. (its not premium but the manufacturing process and the whole chassis you can definitely feel its more solid compare to Japanese car).

VW offer 5 years unlimitted warranty and 3 years free service. So i have not hesitated to just buy it and enjoy.
but of course if you are like the majority of car buyer, who are looking for spacious, better spec (reverse camera, keyless),resell value , long term ownership cost, then City and vios is your best choice.
Oh yea, I've submitted for loan approval, waiting at the moment biggrin.gif

AmeerZainal
post May 30 2018, 03:16 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(jerrynotjelly @ May 30 2018, 03:09 PM)
Oh yea, I've submitted for loan approval, waiting at the moment biggrin.gif
What happens when the new 2017 Polo revelled in Malaysia- sure up sad. I'm contemplating whether to wait- or just go ahead and buy the current TSI model. icon_question.gif
shrimmy4
post May 30 2018, 03:31 PM

4 posts

I owned the Vento GT with 1.2 TSI, 7 speed DSG with LED headlights, tht offered in limited time. Bought the car at August 2017 and used for daily driven. Clocked 17k mileage now. and just had first service last month. smile.gif

What i love about this little beast :
- Punchy engine, good performance, beaten almost every competitor in its class, an typical vios or city cant catch up with their powertrain, this little Vento drive like a 1.8 litre car rclxm9.gif
- Fuel consumption is good, with 5.5 L/100km, one full tank last me around 8 days with daily commuter of at least 70km per day and 2 hour of jam daily city drive biggrin.gif
- Quality that convince me on my driving experience and safety compare to sushi car then feels inadequate solid and empty feeling in its class icon_rolleyes.gif

Problem? Nope... its cant denied that Volkswagen have some history in Malaysia due to the 1.4 TSi engine and gearbox issue, but those are in the past, the current batch and newer engine and gearbox is seem rectified, it seems that some of the mindset of people here given out that is reliable or prone to fail here misleading without owning the Vento 1.2, well money is yours, you can have your own decision to go with rather listen to those ppl who doesnt even own one or heard from someone-else mouth blink.gif

Conclusion, for me i bought this car mostly because of its engine and solidness of the car which i had the City hybrid in mind during the decision last year. Also due to the 5 years free service and warranty which save me up to extra cash. I love to let you know, just go ahead to get the Vento 1.2 smile.gif

This post has been edited by shrimmy4: May 30 2018, 03:44 PM
TSjerrynotjelly
post May 30 2018, 04:17 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(shrimmy4 @ May 30 2018, 03:31 PM)
I owned the Vento GT with 1.2 TSI, 7 speed DSG with LED headlights, tht offered in limited time. Bought the car at August 2017 and used for daily driven. Clocked 17k mileage now. and just had first service last month.  smile.gif

What i love about this little beast :
- Punchy engine, good performance, beaten almost every competitor in its class, an typical vios or city cant catch up with their powertrain, this little Vento drive like a 1.8 litre car  rclxm9.gif
- Fuel consumption is good, with 5.5 L/100km, one full tank last me around 8 days with daily commuter of at least 70km per day and 2 hour of jam daily city drive  biggrin.gif
- Quality that convince me on my driving experience and safety compare to sushi car then feels inadequate solid and empty feeling in its class  icon_rolleyes.gif
Problem? Nope... its cant denied that Volkswagen have some history in Malaysia due to the 1.4 TSi engine and gearbox issue, but those are in the past, the current batch and newer engine and gearbox is seem rectified, it seems that some of the mindset of people here given out that is reliable or prone to fail here misleading without owning the Vento 1.2, well money is yours, you can have your own decision to go with rather listen to those ppl who doesnt even own one or heard from someone-else mouth  blink.gif

Conclusion, for me i bought this car mostly because of its engine and solidness of the car which i had the City hybrid in mind during the decision last year. Also due to the 5 years free service and warranty which save me up to extra cash. I love to let you know, just go ahead to get the Vento 1.2  smile.gif
You had just boosted up my confident in this car bro rclxms.gif drool.gif drool.gif drool.gif

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0165sec    0.26    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:54 PM