Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Opt out marketing communication, No more calls from bank

views

TSlowlowc
post May 23 2018, 11:40 PM, updated 6y ago

Enthusiast
918 posts

I had enough spam text on my phone from HSBC Amanah keep asking me to get loan from them. So when i browsed HSBC website, i saw there s an email to complain about violation of pdpo act. So i sent email to pdpo@hsbc.com or .com.my (i forgot) and asked them to not send me anymore marketing or promotion via email, text, phine call. So 3 months had passed and i no longer see anymore sms from hsbc.

Second time i happened to call my credit card bank about something else and i happened to mention about too many marketing email from them. The customer service offered to remove my name from marketing contact. She said it s actually my right to ask not to receive anymore marketing calls, emails etc and bank have to fulfil it if i complain.

So 2 banks down and i dont hear from them anymore. Now left with Maybank and CIMB.
Anyone knows what is their pdpo (personal data act) emails? Cos their phone line is..... sigh....

Recently super pissed with cimb. Like breakfast, lunch, teatime and dinner time.. 4, 5 calls a day so relentless. I said i dont want insurance then they talk louder , "why cannot buy leh. Just buy one more lah. Cannot meh, just extra rm100 deduct from your cimb acct monthly. No big deal"

Straight away hung up.

This post has been edited by lowlowc: May 23 2018, 11:42 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0124sec    0.46    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:33 PM