Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Illegear Raven Battery Issue, Battery issue

views

TSfootunhou
post May 22 2018, 12:18 PM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
94 posts

Hi guys,

My friend bought a Illegear Raven with i5 processor and GTX 1050 graphic card. Has anyone has experience with this laptop? Because my friend wants to know how long will the battery usually last on average usage.

Thanks.
bRainstoRe
post May 22 2018, 12:36 PM

Getting Started
128 posts

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4031875

you may refer here
Jinn90
post May 22 2018, 12:36 PM

30 posts

well, i dont know about the Raven, i had a illegear z5 that had some battery issue awhile back, it kept showing 99% on the status bar

When brought it back to them, they said it was the battery ageing and couldnt claim warranty for it, but its within the warranty period and they refuse to change it for me, i mean why build a laptop with a non removable battery in the first place if you give a warranty for the battery but you couldnt change it out if there's issues with it, after that i didnt bother getting another illegear after that.

My wifi card also had some issues, and i thought it was my router problem as it kept disconnecting as i was using maxis fibre , when i saw they had a free upgrade it was already too late as the period for free exchange has ended.
AZIM@ILLEGEAR
post May 22 2018, 12:44 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(footunhou @ May 22 2018, 12:18 PM)
Hi guys,

My friend bought a Illegear Raven with i5 processor and GTX 1050 graphic card. Has anyone has experience with this laptop? Because my friend wants to know how long will the battery usually last on average usage.

Thanks.
Hi footunhou, the battery for the Raven can last around 3.5 to 4.5 hours under normal surfing, hope this clarifies smile.gif

QUOTE(Jinn90 @ May 22 2018, 12:36 PM)
well, i dont know about the Raven, i had a illegear z5 that had some battery issue awhile back, it kept showing 99% on the status bar

When brought it back to them, they said it was the battery ageing and couldnt claim warranty for it, but its within the warranty period and they refuse to change it for me, i mean why build a laptop with a non removable battery in the first place if you give a warranty for the battery but you couldnt change it out if there's issues with it, after that i didnt bother getting another illegear after that.

My wifi card also had some issues, and i thought it was my router problem as it kept disconnecting as i was using maxis fibre , when i saw they had a free upgrade it was already too late as the period for free exchange has ended.
Hi Jinn90, is it possible for you to PM me the serial number of your laptop? The serial number can be found at the bottom of your laptop and it will look like either ILG850XXXXL or IT1C10XXXN. I'll try to trace back your previous report regarding the battery. Regarding the WiFi, we can help to see if the disconnections are caused by the wireless card itself and if the device is still covered under warranty, the wireless card replacement will be FOC.

This post has been edited by AZIM@ILLEGEAR: May 22 2018, 12:56 PM
lylee73
post May 22 2018, 09:19 PM

I am just like everybody else.
678 posts

I've did some battery testing on the Illegear Raven (mine's an i5 with 1050Ti). It should last around 5 hours without undervolt and 6 hours with undervolt if he were to just use it for light to medium Internet surfing. I might be wrong however, because that's from my calculations when I tested the battery life for 3 hours on Equilibrium mode without keyboard backlgiht. So maybe he might expect a much conservative 3.5 to 4.5 hours, as Azim said.

Just as a note, it's a laptop with 46.74 Wh battery (which I consider somewhat small), so it might or might not come as a surprise to him.
marvinben
post May 22 2018, 09:25 PM

Getting Started
207 posts

My Raven last for at least 3 hours. If use battery saving and low brightness, more than 4 hours.
Never had problem with wifi also, the Intel card is good.

TSfootunhou
post May 22 2018, 10:47 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(lylee73 @ May 22 2018, 09:19 PM)
I've did some battery testing on the Illegear Raven (mine's an i5 with 1050Ti). It should last around 5 hours without undervolt and 6 hours with undervolt if he were to just use it for light to medium Internet surfing. I might be wrong however, because that's from my calculations when I tested the battery life for 3 hours on Equilibrium mode without keyboard backlgiht. So maybe he might expect a much conservative 3.5 to 4.5 hours, as Azim said.

Just as a note, it's a laptop with 46.74 Wh battery (which I consider somewhat small), so it might or might not come as a surprise to him.
That is why my friend having that problem, his battery last for around 2 hours only for average use. He is having difficulty with the Illegear staff for that issue.
TSfootunhou
post May 22 2018, 10:48 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(AZIM@ILLEGEAR @ May 22 2018, 12:44 PM)
Hi footunhou, the battery for the Raven can last around 3.5 to 4.5 hours under normal surfing, hope this clarifies smile.gif
Hi Jinn90, is it possible for you to PM me the serial number of your laptop? The serial number can be found at the bottom of your laptop and it will look like either ILG850XXXXL or IT1C10XXXN. I'll try to trace back your previous report regarding the battery. Regarding the WiFi, we can help to see if the disconnections are caused by the wireless card itself and if the device is still covered under warranty, the wireless card replacement will be FOC.
My friend had the laptop lasted around 2 hours only for average use.
lylee73
post May 22 2018, 11:23 PM

I am just like everybody else.
678 posts

QUOTE(footunhou @ May 22 2018, 10:47 PM)
That is why my friend having that problem, his battery last for around 2 hours only for average use. He is having difficulty with the Illegear staff for that issue.
Hmm, average use. I'm going to assume that it's just light to medium Internet browsing?
TSfootunhou
post May 23 2018, 09:14 AM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(lylee73 @ May 22 2018, 11:23 PM)
Hmm, average use. I'm going to assume that it's just light to medium Internet browsing?
Yup, and doing some documents with word and excel.
Prince J
post May 23 2018, 11:35 AM

Regular
1,272 posts

Hi footunhou,

The battery life is affected by the screen brightness, keyboard RGB backlight brightness/animation and the computer usage. Please also take note that RAVEN Kabylake has higher battery capacity compared to RAVEN 8th gen.

We will have a command center update next week to synchronize the screen brightness with the keyboard brightness, it will improve the battery life around 10% to 20%.

This post has been edited by Prince J: May 23 2018, 11:42 AM
Vimarlan
post Aug 30 2018, 12:27 PM

1 posts

Can you tell how much the values to undervolt CPU and GPU

joshuayip
post May 4 2019, 11:11 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(Prince J @ May 23 2018, 12:35 PM)
Hi footunhou,

The battery life is affected by the screen brightness, keyboard RGB backlight brightness/animation and the computer usage. Please also take note that RAVEN Kabylake has higher battery capacity compared to RAVEN 8th gen.

We will have a command center update next week to synchronize the screen brightness with the keyboard brightness, it will improve the battery life around 10% to 20%.
Possible turn off keyboard light ?
heirOne
post Jun 10 2019, 12:43 PM

16 posts

Is the battery issue of raven has been solved?
@Illegear.
Hollo
post Jun 16 2019, 05:40 PM

6 posts

Bump

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0118sec    0.46    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:10 PM