Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Looking for advice, Ready to publish mobile apps

views

TSRnguy
post May 21 2018, 02:15 AM, updated 6y ago

18 posts

I just lost a partner (marketing) for a ready to publish mobile app. bangwall.gif He just vanished biggrin.gif Most probably over a disagreement on implementing payment gateway and how to make money from the apps or maybe PRU14 results.

The apps basically have all the features of Airbnb/booking dot com and ready to be publish on Google Play & App Store. It meant for a niche homestay market with already 200 homestays owners ready to use them.

Never had this experience before so I'm asking u guys based on your experience
1. if I should just abandon this project or
2. is there any of u guys is into this or knew anyone who would be interested to make this a successful venture.

I simply don't have the resources (marketing mostly since I've the technical part covered) to continue alone. At the same time I put a lot of time and love on this baby to simply abandon it. cry.gif

Appreciate your kind responses.
narf03
post May 21 2018, 02:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,544 posts

i think u already know your choices:
1) hire ppl, u have no money, get part timer, per customer, if u arent willing to risk your money, most likely u know its piece of junk, goto (4)
2) share profit, only works if the partner see potential in making good money, and a way to secure it so u dont just kick him off when things run smoothly.
3) diy, learn and handle all by yourself.
4) throw it away. do something that u do not need a partner.
TSRnguy
post May 21 2018, 06:45 AM

18 posts

QUOTE(narf03 @ May 21 2018, 02:58 AM)
i think u already know your choices:
1) hire ppl, u have no money, get part timer, per customer, if u arent willing to risk your money, most likely u know its piece of junk, goto (4)
2) share profit, only works if the partner see potential in making good money, and a way to secure it so u dont just kick him off when things run smoothly.
3) diy, learn and handle all by yourself.
4) throw it away. do something that u do not need a partner.
Wow so negative. Hahaha. Definitely no junk. This is not web app. Its 60fps app. Smooth as silk. LOL.
Only no resources. No partners. Not much knowledge in aggresive marketing. The early adopters agreed on RM10 per booking fees n there r other ways of making money. Already risk my 4 months income developing this.
narf03
post May 21 2018, 07:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,544 posts

QUOTE(Rnguy @ May 21 2018, 06:45 AM)
Wow so negative. Hahaha. Definitely no junk. This is not web app. Its 60fps app. Smooth as silk. LOL.
Only no resources. No partners. Not much  knowledge in aggresive marketing. The early adopters agreed on RM10 per booking fees n there r other ways of making money. Already risk my 4 months income developing this.
4 months in developing a system like Airbnb ? u must be a real pro, or you are not even half way done.
TSRnguy
post May 21 2018, 06:19 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(narf03 @ May 21 2018, 07:25 AM)
4 months in developing a system like Airbnb ? u must be a real pro, or you are not even half way done.
Thanks for another condescending comment..
Yeaaa, sadly after 25 years into software dev u can do that... Especially when half of tht time, there were no Google . Have some respect kids. 1st someone called it junk b4 even look at it.

We know a software never completed. Otherwise there wud be no version numbr. When we old guys said ready, it means version 1.0 with all the requested features r functional n passed UAT. If u even know what UAT means kid.
narf03
post May 21 2018, 07:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,544 posts

QUOTE(Rnguy @ May 21 2018, 06:19 PM)
Thanks for another condescending comment..
Yeaaa, sadly after 25 years into software dev u can do that... Especially when half of tht time, there were no Google . Have some respect kids. 1st someone called it junk b4 even look at it.

We know a software never completed. Otherwise there wud be no version numbr. When we old guys said ready, it means version 1.0 with all the requested features r functional n passed UAT. If u even know what UAT means kid.
all software are junk until proven its not.
TSRnguy
post May 21 2018, 08:07 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(narf03 @ May 21 2018, 07:27 PM)
Said someone who shout Look at all my stars!! LOL
narf03
post May 21 2018, 08:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,544 posts

QUOTE(Rnguy @ May 21 2018, 08:07 PM)
Said someone who shout Look at all my stars!! LOL
Actually it's Lowyat.net wrote it, don't have post count, 🌟 or that field when I join, maybe they think it's better having null.
RookieDaddy
post May 21 2018, 08:28 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(Rnguy @ May 21 2018, 02:15 AM)
I just lost a partner (marketing) for a ready to publish mobile app.  bangwall.gif He just vanished  biggrin.gif Most probably over a disagreement on implementing payment gateway and how to make money from the apps or maybe PRU14 results.

The apps basically have all the features of Airbnb/booking dot com and ready to be publish on Google Play & App Store. It meant for a niche homestay market with already 200 homestays owners ready to use them.

2. is there any of u guys is into this or knew anyone who would be interested to make this a successful venture.

I simply don't have the resources (marketing mostly since I've the technical part covered) to continue alone. At the same time I put a lot of time and love on this baby to simply abandon it.  cry.gif

Sorry to hear about your partner... perhaps there are still middle ground that you can work it out with your partner?
You clearly have passion with what you are doing, so I do not think you should abandon the project. You may want to do some research into some government grants (e.g. CIP) and ask for helps from them. Sometimes, just open up to talk to some people (sales or investment) may light-up more ideas about what to do next.
Besides, since you already have 200 homestay owners ready to use them, why not start with them and move on from there? It could be a really good test-bed and having an existing customer base is so much more attractive to potential investor to pick-up and/or help you to market it up-scale. Just my 2-cent. smile.gif
narf03
post May 21 2018, 11:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,544 posts

QUOTE(RookieDaddy @ May 21 2018, 08:28 PM)
Sorry to hear about your partner... perhaps there are still middle ground that you can work it out with your partner?
You clearly have passion with what you are doing, so I do not think you should abandon the project. You may want to do some research into some government grants (e.g. CIP) and ask for helps from them. Sometimes, just open up to talk to some people (sales or investment) may light-up more ideas about what to do next.
Besides, since you already have 200 homestay owners ready to use them, why not start with them and move on from there? It could be a really good test-bed and having an existing customer base is so much more attractive to potential investor to pick-up and/or help you to market it up-scale. Just my 2-cent.  smile.gif
i think the so called 200 homestay owners were "imported" from other app, it doesnt mean those 300(spartas) agreed to change platform.
iammyself
post May 22 2018, 06:00 PM

Getting Started
238 posts

I just lost a partner (marketing) for a ready to publish mobile app.  bangwall.gif He just vanished  biggrin.gif Most probably over a disagreement on implementing payment gateway and how to make money from the apps or maybe PRU14 results.

I simply don't have the resources (marketing mostly since I've the technical part covered) to continue alone. At the same time I put a lot of time and love on this baby to simply abandon it.  cry.gif

If your app is anywhere near ready I say go ahead and publish it.

Your chance to succeed is 0% if you don't publish your app, but your chance is >0% if you publish it.

I hope the lost of marketing partner does not mean that you're also losing your marketing budget, because it will be tough without some money to grease the wheel.

With (presumably) limited budget, you will want to be creative with your marketing approach. Make clever use of Facebook groups.
alexa
post May 22 2018, 09:13 PM

Big Boss
1,456 posts

You need to remember this, most companies don’t die because they run out of money. In this phase you should do a product market fit which mean you no need to scale up the sales/marketing process since you need to improve more and satisfy the market demand. No worries about that, do things that don’t scale: remain small/nimble. Try conventional ways such as direct email marketing, call or attend conference event. You can get some quality leads from there.

cubiclecarbonate
post May 31 2018, 10:52 AM

On my way
557 posts

just publish to android first

then do facebook ads, google ads with linking back to your google play url

see the feedback from public
tboxmy
post Jun 13 2018, 10:09 AM

Casual
475 posts

QUOTE(narf03 @ May 21 2018, 07:27 PM)
Some think a software is great but others may say its crap.

Rnguy is fishing for something? At least Rnguy learnt something technical, like how lowyat stars are formatted.

biggrin.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0129sec    0.41    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:44 AM