Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Dell G7 15 Gaming Laptop, Any feedback on the pricing?

views

Azureknight94
post May 20 2018, 09:44 PM

Regular
1,663 posts

QUOTE(khaishaun1992 @ May 20 2018, 09:13 PM)
Extra RM2000 for 128 gb ssd upgrade to 258 gb ssd, and warranty that might cost me RM500?
You have a point but as a customer I wish I have the option to exclude these only, or at least let me not upgrade to 256 GB ssd.
Can pay or cannot pay, is another issue, don't be childish, I just don't want to waste my money on things I don't need.
Exactly but it seems some people don't understand this point 🙄 still can defend the obviously overpricing of products here.
xerox8908
post May 20 2018, 11:22 PM

Look at all my stars
2,724 posts

QUOTE(khaishaun1992 @ May 20 2018, 09:13 PM)
Extra RM2000 for 128 gb ssd upgrade to 258 gb ssd, and warranty that might cost me RM500?
You have a point but as a customer I wish I have the option to exclude these only, or at least let me not upgrade to 256 GB ssd.
Can pay or cannot pay, is another issue, don't be childish, I just don't want to waste my money on things I don't need.
Then dont be childish . You dont want buy then dont buy . Say what no same option bla bla . In fact it has same option but you expect they dont pay import fee ?

QUOTE(Azureknight94 @ May 20 2018, 09:44 PM)
Exactly but it seems some people don't understand this point 🙄 still can defend the obviously overpricing of products here.
No one comment on the price . He say no 1060 version . Ok slap u 1060 version then want cheap . Just say want cheap price lo without import duty .

This post has been edited by xerox8908: May 20 2018, 11:24 PM
shirogawawa
post May 20 2018, 11:33 PM

Laptop enthusiast
2,383 posts

hahaha, no wonder Tun M have to be education Ministry at first, kinda agree him so many uneducated ppl around.

if feel the products is overprice here or not happy with the option , can log complain to KPDNKK or Dell Malaysia ma. or just boycott it , your money , you decide, i just point out the highest spec that listed in Dell US vs Dell Malaysia are not same configuration all,, like this also cant understand , macai makan dedak too many till eyes got problem , better check with doctor. haha

bbhing98
post May 21 2018, 02:18 AM

Getting Started
268 posts

Hi, I'm seeking feedback and review for those who has bought the Dell g7 laptop. How does it fares compared to the similar price range (RM 4k-5k) laptop from msi and illegear? Also, can anyone confirm whether if I bring back the dell laptop from US, would the warranty still be available locally? Thanks in advance
edmund_yung
post May 21 2018, 08:30 AM

Regular
1,194 posts

We feel the product is overpriced, we are going to voice it out here. Some people might not know the config and price of other country and this thread will be a good place to inform them.

Then the people who are planning to buy the laptop, they will decide whether they willing to pay more for "import fee" when it is selling cheaper in US with people there having more than 5X the purchasing power compared to here.

I know GPU is also cheaper there compared to everywhere around the world.
TSzzshaun
post May 21 2018, 11:55 AM

23 posts

QUOTE(shirogawawa @ May 20 2018, 11:33 PM)
hahaha, no wonder Tun M have to be education Ministry at first, kinda agree him so many uneducated ppl around.

if feel the products is overprice here or not happy with the option , can log complain to KPDNKK or Dell Malaysia ma. or just boycott it , your money , you decide, i just point out the highest spec that listed in Dell US vs Dell Malaysia are not same configuration all,,  like this also cant understand , macai makan dedak too many till eyes got problem , better check with doctor. haha
I am sorry if this is not the right place to talk about computers or laptops.

QUOTE(bbhing98 @ May 21 2018, 02:18 AM)
Hi, I'm seeking feedback and review for those who has bought the Dell g7 laptop. How does it fares compared to the similar price range (RM 4k-5k) laptop from msi and illegear? Also, can anyone confirm whether if I bring back the dell laptop from US, would the warranty still be available locally? Thanks in advance
You may refer to these Youtube links for honest reviews of the G7:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE92XtxCnyg
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq9ACOFApr4

For me, they are quite honest but you might be able to find better reviewers out there.

To answer your question about comparing it to MSI or Illegear, I think they are quite close in terms of pricing if you are interested with the i7-8750h processor, but if you bring in GTX 1060, in my opinion, the G7 has a better price for that if you compare with the other two.

And if you bring it back from US, I think their warranty is US only, but you can first check with the store before buying it.

QUOTE(edmund_yung @ May 21 2018, 08:30 AM)
We feel the product is overpriced, we are going to voice it out here. Some people might not know the config and price of other country and this thread will be a good place to inform them.

Then the people who are planning to buy the laptop, they will decide whether they willing to pay more for "import fee" when it is selling cheaper in US with people there having more than 5X the purchasing power compared to here.

I know GPU is also cheaper there compared to everywhere around the world.
Exactly, it is sad to see that many people here accepting the fact that we are getting charged more than other countries.
TSzzshaun
post May 21 2018, 12:07 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(xerox8908 @ May 20 2018, 11:22 PM)
Then dont be childish . You dont want buy then dont buy . Say what no same option bla bla . In fact it has same option but you expect they dont pay import fee ?
No one comment on the price . He say no 1060 version  . Ok slap u 1060 version then want cheap . Just say want cheap price lo without import duty .
QUOTE(shirogawawa @ May 20 2018, 11:33 PM)

if feel the products is overprice here or not happy with the option , can log complain to KPDNKK or Dell Malaysia ma. or just boycott it , your money , you decide, i just point out the highest spec that listed in Dell US vs Dell Malaysia are not same configuration all,,  like this also cant understand , macai makan dedak too many till eyes got problem , better check with doctor. haha
To be honest, you two being a senior member in this forum is the only reason why I am replying to your comments, but seriously, your comments just makes me think that you are either selling or benefiting from this laptop, if not, I wonder why both of you are so against me voicing out the fact that we don't have reasonable pricing in Malaysia.
shirogawawa
post May 21 2018, 01:07 PM

Laptop enthusiast
2,383 posts

QUOTE(khaishaun1992 @ May 21 2018, 12:07 PM)
To be honest, you two being a senior member in this forum is the only reason why I am replying to your comments, but seriously, your comments just makes me think that you are either selling or benefiting from this laptop, if not, I wonder why both of you are so against me voicing out the fact that we don't have reasonable pricing in Malaysia.
Lmao, if you read carefully what i had replied, firstly , i was cite forumer Alan Chong about the the gtx 1050 ti pricing was actually not much different compare both MY and US unit, further more its infact the warranty of the US units was less then MY units, hence you have to take that as a concern , dont tell me what you dont need, just face the reality that the warranty plus will cost you more and make it both were almost same price

for second replied , i was cite the other guy with 94 id name, cause he was showing wrong comparison , child 1 years old also know if you mentioned item a is expensive then item b, the rules no 1 must be both have 100 % same configuration, from what you see, is that both same ? totally no.. thus i had to be correct and refute him to misleading other forummer , but seem like he was out of way and no remorse at all, this already lead you to derailed mind also

what you can said was, the highest spec for the MY set even add in those feature and with higher ssd capacity , price seem still overprice, thats can count as your opinion , nothing wrong, as i said, your money, you decide if you think those add in was not worth tht much

dont make a conclusion that if the person like me, as a reseller, whenever / whatever statement that post about the certain situation of some models, i was aiming for sales / business/ profit, you know what ? i got carry almost all brand and over few hundred models of laptop, what make u think i need to bias ? haha

TSzzshaun
post May 21 2018, 01:43 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(shirogawawa @ May 21 2018, 01:07 PM)
Lmao, if you read carefully what i had replied, firstly , i was cite forumer Alan Chong about the the gtx 1050 ti pricing was actually not much different compare both MY and US unit, further more its infact the warranty of the US units was less then MY units, hence you have to take that as a concern , dont tell me what you dont need, just face the reality that the warranty plus will cost you more and make it both were almost same price
for second replied , i was cite the other guy with 94 id name, cause he was showing wrong comparison , child 1 years old also know if you mentioned item a is expensive then item b, the rules no 1 must be both have 100 % same configuration, from what you see, is that both same ? totally no.. thus i had to be correct and refute him to misleading other forummer , but seem like he was out of way and no remorse at all, this already lead you to derailed mind also
what you can said was, the highest spec for the MY set even add in those feature and with higher ssd capacity , price seem still overprice, thats can count as your opinion , nothing wrong, as i said, your money, you decide if you think those add in was not worth tht much
dont make a conclusion that if the person like me, as a reseller, whenever / whatever statement that post about the certain situation of some models, i was aiming  for sales / business/ profit, you know what ? i got carry almost all brand and over few hundred models of laptop, what make u think i need to bias ? haha
Ok, my apologies for thinking that was towards me, and I am sorry for my words to you, but still I think the 94 guy has a point when he mentioned "Edit the price" (which should mean giving us reasonable price).
I agree with you that when he did not mention the 128GB SSD upgrade, it is actually misleading to other readers, but even with that upgrade, it should not be over 500+ usd difference, don't you think?
Yes, the extra 500+ usd should also include the Free dell backpack + 2 years premium support + import tax or whatsoever, but at least I think they should give us the option to not upgrade to 256 GB, similar to what they had in the US store.

My main question for this post is how they come up with this price for the GTX 1060 model, if there is no US store to compare with, I am definitely not going to complain, but since there is one, I just hope to hear some explanation or comments from you guys before throwing in that amount of money.

myway1985
post May 21 2018, 02:05 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,472 posts

1. US there mostly sell normal carry in warranty.. Here is onsite (there goes around RM500 differents)

2. pls factor in around RM800 transportation fees (yea i know dell ship in container.. but they count using amazon kind of rate per unit)

TSzzshaun
post May 21 2018, 02:13 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(myway1985 @ May 21 2018, 02:05 PM)
1. US there mostly sell normal carry in warranty.. Here is onsite (there goes around RM500 differents)

2. pls factor in around RM800 transportation fees (yea i know dell ship in container.. but they count using amazon kind of rate per unit)
Hmm, then it makes sense when RM500 + RM800 = RM1,300.
And additional RM700 for SSD upgrade + tax...
myway1985
post May 21 2018, 05:10 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,472 posts

QUOTE(khaishaun1992 @ May 21 2018, 02:13 PM)
Hmm, then it makes sense when RM500 + RM800 = RM1,300.
And additional RM700 for SSD upgrade + tax...
new unit all ship from china ma..

only DFO r local unit
bbhing98
post May 21 2018, 06:00 PM

Getting Started
268 posts

QUOTE(khaishaun1992 @ May 21 2018, 11:55 AM)
I am sorry if this is not the right place to talk about computers or laptops.
You may refer to these Youtube links for honest reviews of the G7:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE92XtxCnyg
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq9ACOFApr4

For me, they are quite honest but you might be able to find better reviewers out there.

To answer your question about comparing it to MSI or Illegear, I think they are quite close in terms of pricing if you are interested with the i7-8750h processor, but if you bring in GTX 1060, in my opinion, the G7 has a better price for that if you compare with the other two.

And if you bring it back from US, I think their warranty is US only, but you can first check with the store before buying it.
Exactly, it is sad to see that many people here accepting the fact that we are getting charged more than other countries.
I wonder how's the build quality, after sales service and support of the G7 compared to MSI or illegear of the same league? Couldn't make my decision on which brand to choose from within the rm5k price range. I'll be travelling to US end of year so perhaps that may open up more choices at that price range?
xerox8908
post May 21 2018, 06:10 PM

Look at all my stars
2,724 posts

QUOTE(khaishaun1992 @ May 21 2018, 12:07 PM)
First of all I never mention about price . Overpriced then overpriced lo . I don't care . They way ts say it like no 1060 version . When there is .
TSzzshaun
post May 21 2018, 11:07 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(bbhing98 @ May 21 2018, 06:00 PM)
I wonder how's the build quality, after sales service and support of the G7 compared to MSI or illegear of the same league? Couldn't make my decision on which brand to choose from within the rm5k price range. I'll be travelling to US end of year so perhaps that may open up more choices at that price range?
Definitely, they provide more options in the US store as you can see from my screenshot or the URL.

bbhing98
post May 22 2018, 12:00 AM

Getting Started
268 posts

QUOTE(khaishaun1992 @ May 21 2018, 11:07 PM)
Definitely, they provide more options in the US store as you can see from my screenshot or the URL.
My only concern would be warranty and after sale services once I return to Malaysia. I do not wish to lose my warranty for my future laptop, yet when i called up dell Malaysia, they can't give me an exact anzswer of whether my warranty will be affected of not if i bring it back from US
kaffra
post May 24 2018, 08:21 PM

On my way
636 posts

QUOTE(bbhing98 @ May 22 2018, 12:00 AM)
My only concern would be warranty and after sale services once I return to Malaysia. I do not wish to lose my warranty for my future laptop, yet when i called up dell Malaysia, they can't give me an exact anzswer of whether my warranty will be affected of not if i bring it back from US
try the US site support chat, they should be able to tell if they offer worldwide warranty for this model.

Back in the day i bought from dell malaysia and took the additional 2 year warranty as it includes worldwide warranty.

myway1985
post May 24 2018, 08:24 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,472 posts

QUOTE(bbhing98 @ May 22 2018, 12:00 AM)
1. when u bought from usa.. do u carry the original receipt

2. if u got the receipt u can do nation transfer.. then u can extend ur warranty locally..onsite is worldwide.. but extend story is different thing
GunBlaDeR
post May 26 2018, 03:22 PM

On my way
504 posts

Why Dell (and other manufacturer) CAN'T GIVE US THE OPTIONS TO CHOOSE THE CONFIGURATIONs?! I DON'T WANT YOUR STINKY CONFIGURATIONS, DELL!!!!
mydragoon
post Jun 4 2018, 01:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

previously the 15" G7 had 3 configurations on their MY website.

entry level at rm3k+... mid tier specs at rm4k+ (with 1050Ti gpu) and then the high end one with 1060 gpu at rm6k+.

this morning... mid tier one seems to be gone. leaving the low end and the high end. i wonder why...

and seems their website is behaving weirdly... showing christmas/ black friday deals...

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0174sec    0.54    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:31 PM