11 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

HIV Positive Gay

views

emino
post May 18 2018, 11:57 AM

IG - riezforester
5,935 posts

If you are a gay men actively having sex with various other gay men, invest in PrEP. Period. Prevention is better than the cure, especially if the cure doesn't exist yet.

Sorry man but now all you can do is continuously take medication and ensure your viral load below detectable level, then you can at least maintain some sense of normalcy in your life.
notadupe
post May 18 2018, 01:06 PM

12 posts

Do your friends and family know about your situation?
Stay strong ts!

psyduck89
post May 18 2018, 01:07 PM

New Korean Member
818 posts

QUOTE(alwaysbepositive @ May 17 2018, 09:12 PM)
i think think link probably will help you

http://www.mac.org.my/v3/resources/hiv-statistics/

google is everything haha
thx..
nice info there..

its seems like IDU user are decresing or they are smarter and get a new nedle instead of sharing??

but from the graph,
since 2009 , new case of HIV by sexually transfer are rising every year..

i wonder whats the latest data for 2018..
PATAR
post May 18 2018, 09:31 PM

Getting Started
191 posts

QUOTE(MiLKTea @ May 18 2018, 11:24 AM)
I have always have this question but dunno where or who to ask.
Why is it the media always portray that if you are gay or lesbian, then you are prone to HIV?
Is that true?
From my understanding, you will have risk of contacting HIV only if you have sex with a person who already infected with HIV.
Which means, even if you have multiple sex partners, if none of them have HIV, you will not contact HIV also.
And this apply to straight men and women as well; not only gays and lesbians.

Is my understanding correct?
Lesbians have close to zero chance of getting HIV, unless one of them have a wierd blood fetish or something. But then it's more about that than about being lesbian.

The most dangerous sex acts for the sake of getting HIV:
1 Receiving anal intercourse
2 Receiving vaginal intercourse
3 giving anal intercourse
4 giving vaginal intercourse
5 receiving fellatio
6 all other types of oral sex
7 all types of petting, mutual masturbation grinding etc

I might be wrong about the order of 2 and 3.

Using a barrier like a condom or "licking patch" reduces the risk alot.
Not ejaculating inside your partner also reduces the risk alot.
Having small wounds or cuts on your organ increases the risk alot.
For receiving fellatio studies have shown that brushing your teeth before increses the risk.
For all kinds of giving, being circumcised decreases the risk. Uncut penises have more receptive tissue.

The sexual orientation or gender of the participants is really not important for the risk of transmission, but logically most lesbians would have the types of sex in the lower end. And many gay men, but not all have sex in the higher end.
But of course you are right, If your partner does not have HIV, you cannot get infected, no matter the sexual orientation.

One famous gay from my country of residence said: "I survived the 80's because I was a bit too ugly to be popular and didn't like anal"
TSalwaysbepositive
post May 18 2018, 10:46 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(loui @ May 18 2018, 09:57 AM)
she volunteer to disclose during interview sessions

she said it is better to be frank on the first instance

that is what it prompts me to want to hire her

but HR refuse to take her in
too bad then sad.gif
malaysia still a country whichcould not totally accept a person if HIV. that's why there is alot people hiding their status and caused depression
hopefully in a day there is a law enforcement for company not to discriminate HIV candidates

This post has been edited by alwaysbepositive: May 18 2018, 11:01 PM
TSalwaysbepositive
post May 18 2018, 10:47 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(notadupe @ May 18 2018, 01:06 PM)
Do your friends and family know about your situation?
Stay strong ts!
none know about it haha. afraid of telling out
TSalwaysbepositive
post May 18 2018, 10:50 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(kitzai @ May 18 2018, 11:46 AM)
ok, please take care yah.

you still working right?
yeah, i am still working but afraid of change job because later that company knew that i am hiv positive then rejected me. in the end im jobless
TSalwaysbepositive
post May 18 2018, 10:52 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(emino @ May 18 2018, 11:57 AM)
If you are a gay men actively having sex with various other gay men, invest in PrEP. Period. Prevention is better than the cure, especially if the cure doesn't exist yet.

Sorry man but now all you can do is continuously take medication and ensure your viral load below detectable level, then you can at least maintain some sense of normalcy in your life.
hopefully one day have a cure. hiv disease is more than 30 years and scientist are working hard to find a cure. salute to all of them!
nonnon
post May 20 2018, 01:36 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

Wondering if the medication is expensive, or you get it from government hospital
TSalwaysbepositive
post May 20 2018, 06:22 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(nonnon @ May 20 2018, 01:36 PM)
Wondering if the medication is expensive, or you get it from government hospital
in malaysia, first line medication is free
nonnon
post May 20 2018, 07:04 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

https://www.facebook.com/Rootofscience1/pos...840437232687153

Something to share
TSalwaysbepositive
post May 20 2018, 08:50 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(nonnon @ May 20 2018, 07:04 PM)
Thank you for the info. But I could not understand completely because it was all in Malay term 🤣

I saw some article too, doc say rather have HIV than diabetes.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2014/04/why-id-...-than-diabetes/

When I just diagnosed for HIV, I am so worried. But later on, the fear has been disappeared. The only thing we need to do is just daily eat 2 pills in the same timing on daily basis. Feeling like just eat 2 vitamin pills.

Now is just about other alot discriminate us and hope one day people see us is just like a normal human and should not bias.
freakenstein
post May 21 2018, 09:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,231 posts

How did find out about it at first? Any symptoms or just a random checkup?
Selectt
post May 21 2018, 09:25 PM

wattttt!!
1,592 posts

QUOTE(PATAR @ May 18 2018, 09:31 PM)
Lesbians have close to zero chance of getting HIV, unless one of them have a wierd blood fetish or something. But then it's more about that than about being lesbian.

The most dangerous sex acts for the sake of getting HIV:
1 Receiving anal intercourse
2 Receiving vaginal intercourse
3 giving anal intercourse
4 giving vaginal intercourse
5 receiving fellatio
6 all other types of oral sex
7 all types of petting, mutual masturbation grinding etc

I might be wrong about the order of 2 and 3.

Using a barrier like a condom or "licking patch" reduces the risk alot.
Not ejaculating inside your partner also reduces the risk alot.
Having small wounds or cuts on your organ increases the risk alot.
For receiving fellatio studies have shown that brushing your teeth before increses the risk.
For all kinds of giving, being circumcised decreases the risk. Uncut penises have more receptive tissue.

The sexual orientation or gender of the participants is really not important for the risk of transmission, but logically most lesbians would have the types of sex in the lower end. And many gay men, but not all have sex in the higher end.
But of course you are right, If your partner does not have HIV, you cannot get infected, no matter the sexual orientation.

One famous gay from my country of residence said: "I survived the 80's because I was a bit too ugly to be popular and didn't like anal"
hiv = exchange of infected fluid between host and victim. anal sex regardless of receiving or giving has same amount of risk being infected with hiv.

why hiv is more prone to gay sex aka anal sex?
-answer is because anus wall is very thin hence any fluid infected by bacteria/virus can easily absorbed into your body. This is compared with vagina wall where they are thicker making the virus harder to go into the body.

my2cent
TSalwaysbepositive
post May 21 2018, 09:53 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(freakenstein @ May 21 2018, 09:07 PM)
How did find out about it at first? Any symptoms or just a random checkup?
just a random check up smile.gif
NightHeart
post May 22 2018, 11:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

QUOTE(PATAR @ May 18 2018, 09:31 PM)
If your partner does not have HIV, you cannot get infected, no matter the sexual orientation.

QUOTE(Selectt @ May 21 2018, 09:25 PM)
hiv = exchange of infected fluid between host and victim. anal sex regardless of receiving or giving has same amount of risk being infected with hiv.

why hiv is more prone to gay sex aka anal sex?
-answer is because anus wall is very thin hence any fluid infected by bacteria/virus can easily absorbed into your body. This is compared with vagina wall where they are thicker making the virus harder to go into the body.

my2cent
Just wanna clarify, HIV is something that can only be spread from 1 infected human to another? It won’t develop by itself from a healthy individual. It’s not like flu which can develop from an individual without interaction from anyone right?

So a group of HIV free individuals, regardless of whether they’re gay, lesbian, bisexual or straight will never contract HIV no matter what they do among themselves as long as they stay HIV free?
Selectt
post May 22 2018, 12:10 PM

wattttt!!
1,592 posts

QUOTE(NightHeart @ May 22 2018, 11:19 AM)
Just wanna clarify, HIV is something that can only be spread from 1 infected human to another? It won’t develop by itself from a healthy individual. It’s not like flu which can develop from an individual without interaction from anyone right?

So a group of HIV free individuals, regardless of whether they’re gay, lesbian, bisexual or straight will never contract HIV no matter what they do among themselves as long as they stay HIV free?
yes

yes
NightHeart
post May 22 2018, 12:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

QUOTE(Selectt @ May 22 2018, 12:10 PM)
yes

yes
Aha, thanks for clarifying. Now I understand why there’s a bad stigma towards them. Sounds cruel but if we totally isolate all the HIV people from the non-HIV people, then it’ll be contained & cant spread.

It’s due to the severe lack of knowledge on how HIV can be spread that many people choose to avoid HIV people as much as possible.
TSalwaysbepositive
post May 22 2018, 08:58 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(NightHeart @ May 22 2018, 12:53 PM)
Aha, thanks for clarifying. Now I understand why there’s a bad stigma towards them. Sounds cruel but if we totally isolate all the HIV people from the non-HIV people, then it’ll be contained & cant spread.

It’s due to the severe lack of knowledge on how HIV can be spread that many people choose to avoid HIV people as much as possible.
Correct! They will put the blame on the person why keep on so frequently randomly sex. They will look down us too
For me i am not a sexual active person and all the while protected sex. But got infected☹

I would say, who want and wish to develop in this kind of disease.
NightHeart
post May 22 2018, 09:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

QUOTE(alwaysbepositive @ May 22 2018, 08:58 PM)
Correct! They will put the blame on the person why keep on so frequently randomly sex. They will look down us too
For me i am not a sexual active person and all the while protected sex. But got infected☹

I would say, who want and wish to develop in this kind of disease.
Yea, shit happens sometimes. Just stay strong 💪

11 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0172sec    0.14    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:20 AM