Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Tenancy scams, Cheated by agent and tenant

views

TSutellme
post May 15 2018, 06:21 AM, updated 6y ago

Enthusiast
919 posts

Hi Sifu,

My sister is cheated by the agent and new tenant last week. During the VP, She handed over her property key without wait for the security deposit clearance in the bank. Now agent and tenant don't pick up call and difficult to locate them. I suspect they may sub-renting to another renter and run away with deposit.

Beside just make a polis report of fraud immediately, what other thing my sister can do.

your advice is appreciated

TIA

This post has been edited by utellme: May 15 2018, 06:25 AM
montyashley80
post May 15 2018, 09:04 AM

Casual
354 posts

QUOTE(utellme @ May 15 2018, 06:21 AM)
Hi Sifu,

My sister is cheated by the agent and new tenant last week. During the VP, She handed over her property key without wait for the security deposit clearance in the bank.  Now agent and tenant don't pick up call and difficult to locate them.  I suspect they may sub-renting to another renter and run away with deposit.

Beside just make a polis report of fraud immediately, what other thing my sister can do.

your advice is appreciated

TIA
show the police report and inform management to bar them from going to the unit..
also can the lock and add extra padlock
hope this help
nbi
post May 15 2018, 09:20 AM

Getting Started
254 posts

doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif

This post has been edited by nbi: May 15 2018, 09:43 AM
stevenkkh
post May 15 2018, 10:03 AM

Casual
357 posts

report the agent if you believe the agent rip you off to http://www.miea.com.my/file-a-complaint
Sam Kk
post May 15 2018, 10:41 AM

Getting Started
102 posts

Yes! If you are sure that you have not received any monies whatsoever for the tenancy of the property, you should quickly make a police report & inform the management office if it is an apartment or condominium or a gated & guarded project. Quickly change the lock sets too. When making a police report, please bring relevant documents to prove ownership of the property. Best of Luck ya.
TSutellme
post May 15 2018, 01:59 PM

Enthusiast
919 posts

QUOTE(Seanlow31 @ May 15 2018, 12:08 PM)
how u get this agent? from property portal? search his/her agent id... and report to the respective agency... make a police report to protect yourself first. thanks
Not from portal, I think the agent got my sister phone no from the apartment security guard bcos the previous tenant just moved out from mid March. Thank for all sifu feedback and advice. the agent just called back mentioned that the tenant office admin bank in wrong accounts number and ask my sister wait for 3 more days for the clearance. Have to wait till Thursday night and hopefully it’s true. I think this agent not prof enough how can he let the landlord handed over the key to the tenant without security deposit received.
torkl
post May 16 2018, 10:27 PM

Casual
358 posts

which company is the agent from?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0121sec    0.41    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:01 PM