Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Review Viofo A129, The highly anticipated dual dashcam

views

nikobellic
post Feb 19 2019, 02:32 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

Hi guys, i like this Viofo A129 Duo except for the "stick-it-on-the-windscreen" installation/mounting. Can we do it like the way we install the Xiaomi dashcam with a windscreen holder?
nikobellic
post Feb 19 2019, 04:15 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Feb 19 2019, 03:27 PM)
There is a suction mount for A119 but not for A129 as the mounting holes are different.

user posted image

Anyway, this will defeat the purpose of the discreet design of the dashcam.
Bro, thanks for the heads up. So i assumed this A129 doesn't come with the suction cup mount. If i am to install the A129 behind the discreet rear mirror position i wouldn't be able to view the screen of the A129.

Another question - the screen on the A129 - is there any option/setting to select the display between front camera or rear camera?
nikobellic
post Feb 19 2019, 04:40 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Feb 19 2019, 04:31 PM)
You can still view the screen. Just angle your head a bit only laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

There is a button on the A129 to switch between PIP, front cam only and back cam only.
Thanks for the info.
nikobellic
post Feb 19 2019, 04:46 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Feb 19 2019, 04:31 PM)
You can still view the screen. Just angle your head a bit only laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

There is a button on the A129 to switch between PIP, front cam only and back cam only.
Bro, if i am to install A129 with the hard wiring for parking mode (with motion detection recording setting) what will be the impact on my car battery? Will it shortened the lifespan of the car battery significantly? Will it void the warranty if the car is still under manufacturer's warranty period? If there anyway i can have the parking mode without drawing power from the car battery? Also the parking mode does it include motion detection recording on the rear camera as well?
nikobellic
post Feb 20 2019, 04:46 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Feb 19 2019, 09:27 PM)
Usually, there will be some battery drain if using any dashcam with parking mode. But different dashcam got a different kind of drain whether it is little or a lot.

A car battery will need to know how old is the battery. Older batteries usually can't cope or last long like newer batteries.

Yes, the car manufacturer will say void warranty for whatever mods you do to your car. As long it is not factory installed, void warranty.

Use an external LiFePO4 battery to power the dashcam when the engine is off but this option is mostly Korean dashcams would have and not cheap. The battery will charge when the car is on.

A129 motion detection is not there yet like those on Korean dashcams. Best to use the timelapse parking mode for the time being until Viofo can improve their motion detection mode. Usually for both front and rear cams.
Bro thanks for the info. Am now considering A119s if rear cam and parking mode are not so important for my usage. Any advise on getting A119s instead of A129 other than the integrated rear cam and parking mode? I have checked A119s's price is now selling around RM390 on Lazada.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0313sec    0.31    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:23 PM