Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Viofo A129, The highly anticipated dual dashcam (Review)

views

lil_flank
post Apr 9 2019, 05:31 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(couk @ Apr 9 2019, 05:00 PM)
Omg! I am sorry to hear that!

I wonder if i buy from other wesbite (which offer very attractive price), do VIOFO still provide warranty for it?
Should be no problem.

Last time i bought from Banggood.com. But i contacted Viofo official website. I only need to showed them the online invoice and someone handled my case. The Viofo staff was quite helpful. The only thing u need to be aware is u need to fork out money to pay for the shipping fee to China and it may take a while.
couk
post Apr 9 2019, 07:10 PM

Group: Newbie

I see. Thanks for your advice. Roughly how much is the shipping cost ah?
TS blurjoey
post Apr 10 2019, 09:59 AM

Sumo Hammy!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(couk @ Apr 9 2019, 04:41 PM)
Dear all, may i know what kind of warranty that this dash cam usually has? If not, we can buy from other website which is much cheaper.
If you buy direct from Viofo official store, they will provide 1 year warranty but you'll need to ship the A129 back to China to claim warranty. Shipping back and forth might take 2-3 months.

Some online sellers selling cheaper price usually provide no warranty or 6 months warranty only.

There is a distributor for Viofo in Malaysia, Sicurez, they provide 1 year 1-on-1 exchange warranty. But their price is locked as Viofo's guidelines.

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Apr 10 2019, 10:00 AM
couk
post Apr 11 2019, 12:44 AM

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 10 2019, 09:59 AM)
If you buy direct from Viofo official store, they will provide 1 year warranty but you'll need to ship the A129 back to China to claim warranty. Shipping back and forth might take 2-3 months.

Some online sellers selling cheaper price usually provide no warranty or 6 months warranty only.

There is a distributor for Viofo in Malaysia, Sicurez, they provide 1 year 1-on-1 exchange warranty. But their price is locked as Viofo's guidelines.
Thank you for all the info! But I think the price for the local distributor is way too expensive. sad.gif
TS blurjoey
post Apr 11 2019, 09:45 AM

Sumo Hammy!

QUOTE(couk @ Apr 11 2019, 12:44 AM)
Thank you for all the info! But I think the price for the local distributor is way too expensive. sad.gif
Local distributor have to follow the price fixed by Viofo. That's why more expensive.

Usually those cheaper price is those from grey importers which is not authorized by Viofo. Usually don't have warranty and not able to claim warranty directly from Viofo.
msa9696
post Apr 11 2019, 10:21 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(couk @ Apr 11 2019, 12:44 AM)
QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 11 2019, 09:45 AM)
Local distributor have to follow the price fixed by Viofo. That's why more expensive.

Usually those cheaper price is those from grey importers which is not authorized by Viofo. Usually don't have warranty and not able to claim warranty directly from Viofo.
I think Viofo fixing the price is one thing, but at least local distributor can make it more attractive by providing free installation.
Actually while reading this forum, I made a wrong interpretation of "free installation". Just found out that installation was not free but with RM 100 charges.
But since I already went to the shop, I just paid to install my unit.

There's nothing wrong with the installation charges, but what I'm saying is, if the distributor claim that Viofo force them to sell at RM 799 without any discount, then at least they can provide free installation to compensate for that.

With installation plus memory card 64GB, I paid RM 1k which is a bit expensive IMO
TS blurjoey
post Apr 11 2019, 10:45 AM

Sumo Hammy!

QUOTE(msa9696 @ Apr 11 2019, 10:21 AM)
I think Viofo fixing the price is one thing, but at least local distributor can make it more attractive by providing free installation.
Actually while reading this forum, I made a wrong interpretation of "free installation". Just found out that installation was not free but with RM 100 charges.
But since I already went to the shop, I just paid to install my unit.

There's nothing wrong with the installation charges, but what I'm saying is, if the distributor claim that Viofo force them to sell at RM 799 without any discount, then at least they can provide free installation to compensate for that.

With installation plus memory card 64GB, I paid RM 1k which is a bit expensive IMO
Nowadays nothing much is free.

You do know that free installation is usually not free as the cost is already bundled into the total cost?

You can save $ when buy online and DIY install. I think can save rm300+++. But will have to do everything yourself like claim warranty directly with Viofo in Shenzhen, read the manual to learn how to use, etc.

Most of my installations is DIY and micro SD cards is bought from Lazada, Shopee, Aliexpress, etc.

Anyway the above my 2sen only.

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Apr 11 2019, 10:46 AM
msa9696
post Apr 11 2019, 12:53 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 11 2019, 10:45 AM)
Nowadays nothing much is free.

You do know that free installation is usually not free as the cost is already bundled into the total cost?

You can save $ when buy online and DIY install. I think can save rm300+++. But will have to do everything yourself like claim warranty directly with Viofo in Shenzhen, read the manual to learn how to use, etc.

Most of my installations is DIY and micro SD cards is bought from Lazada, Shopee, Aliexpress, etc.

Anyway the above my 2sen only.
I agree with you and I understand, it's too much hassle to DIY moreover I'm not a DIY guy. Also installation incur time cost for distributor as well.

What I'm saying is just that the "fixed price" can't really be an excuse given by distributor that Viofo is very strict that they can't give any discount. Free or cheaper Installation itself can compensate for that.

As I've said I've mistakenly thought the difference was 100++ with free installation but you clearly pointed out the difference could be up to RM 300, then it's a good reference for those who haven't bought to consider this.
TS blurjoey
post Apr 11 2019, 02:51 PM

Sumo Hammy!

QUOTE(msa9696 @ Apr 11 2019, 12:53 PM)
I agree with you and I understand, it's too much hassle to DIY moreover I'm not a DIY guy. Also installation incur time cost for distributor as well.

What I'm saying is just that the "fixed price" can't really be an excuse given by distributor that Viofo is very strict that they can't give any discount. Free or cheaper Installation itself can compensate for that.

As I've said I've mistakenly thought the difference was 100++ with free installation but you clearly pointed out the difference could be up to RM 300, then it's a good reference for those who haven't bought to consider this.
The fixed priced by Viofo is real eventhough they don't forced their distributor to follow them but the distributors risk losing the distributorship.

I've seen it happened before to Gearbest during Viofo A119 time. Gearbest was selling the A119 super cheap (about rm200+) till Viofo told them to stop and revoked their rights to sell any Viofo dashcams on their site.

Those you see selling very cheap online, they get their stock from 3rd party suppliers which out of Viofo's control so they no need to follow the fixed price set. Those usually have little to no warranty eventhough you contact Viofo directly.

Anyway is a risk to take. Want to save $, buy cheap online. Want warranty, buy from authorized shop.

myteam94
post Apr 16 2019, 09:42 PM

Getting Started

Hi Blurjoey,

I've already receive my Viofo A129 together with the Parking wiring

can you recommend the method for the parking?

there are two ways for the installation,correct?

1. direct to battery and GND, ACC

2. other method through fuse tapping.

which would you suggest?
TS blurjoey
post Apr 17 2019, 12:24 AM

Sumo Hammy!

QUOTE(myteam94 @ Apr 16 2019, 09:42 PM)
Hi Blurjoey,

I've already receive my Viofo A129 together with the Parking wiring

can you recommend the method for the parking?

there are two ways for the installation,correct?

1. direct to battery and GND, ACC

2. other method through fuse tapping.

which would you suggest?
Fuse tapping will be easier with fusetaps. Same as 1. ACC, Batt and grounding.

myteam94
post Apr 17 2019, 08:47 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 17 2019, 12:24 AM)
Fuse tapping will be easier with fusetaps. Same as 1. ACC, Batt and grounding.
Thanks. I will buy the fuse tapping kit from Lazada/shopee thumbup.gif
TS blurjoey
post Apr 17 2019, 10:30 AM

Sumo Hammy!

QUOTE(myteam94 @ Apr 17 2019, 08:47 AM)
Thanks. I will buy the fuse tapping kit from Lazada/shopee  thumbup.gif
Also the fuse tester to see which fuse is ACC or Batt
myteam94
post Apr 17 2019, 10:33 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Apr 17 2019, 10:30 AM)
Also the fuse tester to see which fuse is ACC or Batt
is it the volt meter? or the Multi Function Electric Test Pen should be okay?
Coldf3ar
post Apr 17 2019, 11:48 AM

Casual

just install viofo a129 do last friday at sicurez.

total damage rm949 for the cam and rm50 for hardwire kit.
lucky got extra high endurance sandisk 64gb lying around in house.
took them 2 hours to install.
so far never change any setting yet. everything still in default/set by sicurez.
TS blurjoey
post Apr 17 2019, 01:05 PM

Sumo Hammy!

QUOTE(myteam94 @ Apr 17 2019, 10:33 AM)
is it the volt meter? or the Multi Function Electric Test Pen should be okay?

Volt meter or multi meter also can but expensive.

Got a pen like tester with 1 end to grounding. Like test pen.
newbie_84
post Today, 12:15 AM

Hi guys, any local retailer i can get this Viofo A129 ? Or get it from shopee and lazada?
TS blurjoey
post Today, 08:12 AM

Sumo Hammy!

QUOTE(newbie_84 @ Apr 20 2019, 12:15 AM)
Hi guys, any local retailer i can get this            Viofo A129 ? Or get it from shopee and lazada?
Distributor - Sicurez.

14 Pages « < 12 13 14Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0603sec    1.81    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th April 2019 - 10:15 AM