Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Health health problem of a shihpoo

views

TSJwong3999
post May 14 2018, 07:14 PM, updated 6y ago

6 posts

My pet is a shihpoo, he always scratches his skin. I always apply lotion for him just wanted him to stop scratching. But even I apply lotion, he will still scratch. I really don't know what to do. Guys, please give me some advice.
R4yMoNd
post May 14 2018, 07:16 PM

1,120 posts

what is his/her food? how is the weather?
TSJwong3999
post May 14 2018, 07:23 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(R4yMoNd @ May 14 2018, 07:16 PM)
what is his/her food? how is the weather?
I only let him eat pet food. The brand I bought is royal canin. it's raining season now
R4yMoNd
post May 14 2018, 07:27 PM

1,120 posts

QUOTE(Jwong3999 @ May 14 2018, 07:23 PM)
I only let him eat pet food. The brand I bought is royal canin. it's raining season now
Have u try give him home cook?
I stop giving my frenchie pet food and only feed him home cook and his health improve, also very small stool
pipedream
post May 14 2018, 07:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,342 posts

royal canine is a shit tier dog food, u are better off home cook meat and veggies

also, could be fungal infection. is his fur long?
TSJwong3999
post May 15 2018, 04:15 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(pipedream @ May 14 2018, 07:33 PM)
royal canine is a shit tier dog food, u are better off home cook meat and veggies

also, could be fungal infection. is his fur long?
not too long. I always bring him to pet shop to give him grooming every month
TSJwong3999
post May 17 2018, 11:54 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(R4yMoNd @ May 14 2018, 07:27 PM)
Have u try give him home cook?
I stop giving my frenchie pet food and only feed him home cook and his health improve, also very small stool
It works? Then I need to search online for the recipe.
R4yMoNd
post May 17 2018, 12:02 PM

1,120 posts

QUOTE(Jwong3999 @ May 17 2018, 11:54 AM)
It works? Then I need to search online for the recipe.
A bit hassle, but yes it works.
I feed him boiled chicken, sometimes mix with veggie and bone, sometimes with egg.
After eating doog food for quite sometimes my dog will become allergic to the dog food. tried many brand including fish4dogs, and many other recommended brand.

Still all can't beat home cook food. and I feed him abit rice as well
vantuz
post May 20 2018, 09:48 PM

33 posts

your dog is definitely allergic to something. could be foods. could be environment. if foods, royal canin is not good. either go straight to raw or home cooked if you're not comfortable with feeding raw. if u must feed kibbles, then pls get a better brand like orijen or acana or nutrience. learn how to read the ingredients and also the guaranteed analysis. make sure carbo is not too high. stay away from the kibbles if the first five ingredients are things like potatoes, brown rice, sweet potatoes, corn, wheat...

another cause is environment. this is true story happened to me before. i was using dettol floor cleaner for 2 years. all ok until recently my dog scratched a lot. so i guess maybe his body finally cannot take in all the chemical anymore, so all hell broke loose. i changed to a non-toxic, natural floor cleaner. problem solved!
TSJwong3999
post May 22 2018, 05:23 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(vantuz @ May 20 2018, 09:48 PM)
your dog is definitely allergic to something. could be foods. could be environment. if foods, royal canin is not good. either go straight to raw or home cooked if you're not comfortable with feeding raw. if u must feed kibbles, then pls get a better brand like orijen or acana or nutrience. learn how to read the ingredients and also the guaranteed analysis. make sure carbo is not too high. stay away from the kibbles if the first five ingredients are things like potatoes, brown rice, sweet potatoes, corn, wheat...

another cause is environment. this is true story happened to me before. i was using dettol floor cleaner for 2 years. all ok until recently my dog scratched a lot. so i guess maybe his body finally cannot take in all the chemical anymore, so all hell broke loose. i changed to a non-toxic, natural floor cleaner. problem solved!
Im also using dettol floor cleaner! I need to change another cleaner d

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0131sec    0.14    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:55 PM