Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

IT NULL, NULL

views

Matriya
post Jun 27 2018, 05:01 PM

4 posts

I'm currently in Sunway for Fist, final sem already, quite regret studying here for the past one year!

Should've gone to INTI man. Have to agree with @Cwkc93 on the price, it's damn expensive here, and we've gotta buy our own textbooks which is only sold by Sunway freaking expensive! Imagine, it's just a foundation program, not even 2 years and need textbook!

Also, to get a grade C even it's 60% and even if you've already got 60% in coursework marks but you don't get 20% out of 40% in finals, you're still going to FAIL and RETAKE the subject!

They'd squeeze the retake subject into your next semester which means more load for you!
Matriya
post Jun 28 2018, 03:42 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(HayateAyakasi8 @ Jun 27 2018, 05:33 PM)
Oh wow. Well thanks for yr feedback man.
I would avoid INTI tho because I've been hearing negative comments about it.
Never knew the grading is higher, so that means I have to work harder, but I think it should be manageable.
Plus no turning back now, since I've already paid the registration fees for it.
Good luck for yr future tho smile.gif
Going to Inti for my Degree after this, managed to get some form of financial assistance, like a discount, my parents earn below 8k, so they're giving me 30% discounts, apparently no strings attached~ rclxm9.gif

QUOTE(evofantasy @ Jun 28 2018, 02:43 PM)
this is the same with any reputable university -- hurdles. subjects usually have hurdles you would need to meet (pass internal, pass exam, total pass) for you to pass the unit. so i had no issue about this.

on textbook though, is it compulsory? cause from my experience, i never used text books throughout my studies
Yeah the textbooks are compulsory, and it's edited yearly too! One of my classmates had tried to use a past year textbook 2nd hand from a senior (his elder sister) and there's this one senior lecturer just took the book and confiscated it. The next week he came back with a photostated copy of the latest edition, and the lecturer tore it apart!

Other lecturers just accepted coffee when they saw him using photocopies. doh.gif

He's not rich, he can't afford a one-off textbook which costs nearly rm100, and the lecturers shown no remorse.

Of course I won't mention the names of the lecturers, don't wanna risk this final sem

This post has been edited by Matriya: Jun 28 2018, 03:52 PM
Matriya
post Jun 29 2018, 10:26 AM

4 posts

QUOTE(evofantasy @ Jun 28 2018, 11:52 PM)
The whole textbook thing is really unreasonable. Have you guys talked to the course management office about this?
The PD told us, and I quote: "Don't you know what is piracy, and the consequences of it?"

Too late though, the fella quit already.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0164sec    0.14    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:07 AM