Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> CAD design for Plastic injection moulding parts

views

TS knnthty
post May 7 2018, 06:59 PM, updated 12 months ago

Group: Newbie

Hi peeps,

Im in the process of designing and fabricating some plastic injection moulded parts for a gardening project im working on. Anyone here has any experience with industrial/product design for injection moulded parts? I dont have any experience in product design/manufacturing and would appreciate some pointers on this.

Thanks
Tariq_H
post May 7 2018, 07:07 PM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(knnthty @ May 7 2018, 06:59 PM)
Hi peeps,

Im in the process of designing and fabricating some plastic injection moulded parts for a gardening project im working on. Anyone here has any experience with industrial/product design for injection moulded parts? I dont have any experience in product design/manufacturing and would appreciate some pointers on this.

Thanks
I work for 8 years in mold design before. I may help you with your project.
TS knnthty
post May 7 2018, 08:27 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(Tariq_H @ May 7 2018, 07:07 PM)
Thanks! PM'ed.

ZoomGarde
post May 7 2018, 10:13 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(Tariq_H @ May 7 2018, 07:07 PM)
Very interested in knowing how much does it need for mould design and fabrication..

Pls do Pm me as well.

Becuz i am thinking to fabricated a plastic casing for a blower machine
Tariq_H
post May 8 2018, 08:46 AM

On my way

QUOTE(ZoomGarde @ May 7 2018, 10:13 PM)
Very interested in knowing how much does it need for mould design and fabrication..

Pls do Pm me as well.

Becuz i am thinking to fabricated a plastic casing for a blower machine
Easily 30k above, depends on how complex is your product design. It is not economical if you want to make a few pieces, unless for mass production.
ZoomGarde
post May 8 2018, 11:22 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(Tariq_H @ May 8 2018, 08:46 AM)
Easily 30k above, depends on how complex is your product design. It is not economical if you want to make a few pieces, unless for mass production.
Oh i see..

This RM30k is for trial and error until the real design is done and finalized?
Tariq_H
post May 8 2018, 01:55 PM

On my way

It's the price of the mold. That price is lower end need to see the design for better estimation, price are until final product trial and error
ian.curtis
post Apr 15 2019, 09:24 PM

Group: Probation

QUOTE(knnthty @ May 7 2018, 06:59 PM)
Hi peeps,

Thanks
Hi, maybe the best way is just to contact some injection molder. They probably will be able to help you to adjust the design so you can actually produce the thing and they will help you to choose the material, do a prototype, fix the issues in performance etc. You have mentioned that you have some gardening project, does mean that you are looking for some biodegradable eco-friendly materials? If yes, check this case study https://polymermedics.com/blog/cases/how-we...adable-catheter, I believe the same guys will be able to help with a project itself, good luck!

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0608sec    3.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th April 2019 - 10:17 AM