Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Trade Hong Kong Shares, Trade in HKD

views

cezardewitt
post Feb 19 2019, 03:07 PM

17 posts

Barely a year after Hong Kong amended its market rules to attract initial public offerings, China’s technology giants are pushing for more.

From allowing companies to hold super-voting rights to letting key shareholders buy stock in IPOs, tech companies are lobbying Hong Kong Exchanges & Clearing Ltd. for changes or waivers that would help their businesses, according to people familiar with the matter.

With intense competition from exchanges in New York and elsewhere to win listings, and many multibillion-dollar Chinese companies poised to go public, pressure is building on Hong Kong to maintain its position as a financial center. That’s sparking concern among some investors as the city’s bourse weighs how to balance the interests of shareholders against the goal of being the preeminent IPO destination.

In one instance, Maoyan Entertainment threatened to walk away from Hong Kong if it couldn’t get permission for investor Tencent Holdings Ltd. to buy more shares in its IPO, said the people familiar with the matter, who asked to not be identified as they weren’t authorized to speak on the matter. That was rebuffed by the exchange’s listing committee, the people said.
Ramjade
post Feb 22 2019, 09:40 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,199 posts

Guys if buying HSBC, what's the min amount to buy? 100/400/1000?
markedestiny
post Feb 22 2019, 10:01 AM

Enthusiast
703 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Feb 22 2019, 09:40 AM)
Guys if buying  HSBC,  what's the min amount to buy?  100/400/1000?
400/lot
Mephisso
post Mar 4 2019, 04:43 PM

10 posts

HKD Falls as Hong Kong Economy Falls to 3-Years Low. The city’s economy is sustained mostly by the finance sector. Most international banks like Standard Chartered, HSBC, Goldman Sachs, and Credit Suisse have a large presence there. It is also home to many hedge funds and private equity firms. Other sectors that have continued to support the economy are retail, shipping, and real estate.

As a result of its international nature, Hong Kong is usually affected by the developments in the world economy. The evidence of this was seen earlier today when the city released its GDP numbers for the fourth quarter. The numbers showed that the economy grew by 1.3%, which was its lowest rate of growth in almost three years. The government had forecasted a growth of 3.2%.

The city’s Finance Secretary, Paul Chan blamed this on the trade conflict between the US and China as well as other factors like the uncertainties about Brexit. For the year, the exports had an annual growth rate of 3.5%. However, shipments declined 0.2% in the fourth quarter. For this year, the economy is expected to potentially grow by 2 to 3%. In the statement, Chan said that the uncertain global climate may restrain the city’s economic performance.

However, there are hopes that the economy may recover this year if the US and China are successful in finalizing a trade deal. The two countries are currently engaged in negotiations, whose goal is to resolve the conflict that started last year. This may also be boosted if there is an orderly exit plan for Brexit.

After the GDP numbers were released, the Hong Kong dollar, which is pegged to the USD declined slightly as shown below. In the past few weeks, the pair USD/HKD pair has moved up from a low of 7.800 to a high of 7.8510, which was reached this week. These levels provide an important resistance to the pair as shown below. There is a likelihood that the pair will remain along these levels in the near term.
jflee
post Mar 5 2019, 12:29 AM

18 posts

Wanna ask, if I were to use FSM SG or POEMS to trade HK (MYR->SGD->HKD) share would the exchange rate kill me or is it better to use 8securities (MYR->HKD) in this case
foxxy
post Mar 5 2019, 01:39 AM

On my way
646 posts

QUOTE(jflee @ Mar 5 2019, 01:29 AM)
Wanna ask, if I were to use FSM SG or POEMS to trade HK (MYR->SGD->HKD) share would the exchange rate kill me or is it better to use 8securities (MYR->HKD) in this case
Are you a frequent trader ? If yes, stick with 8sec.

If no, suggest to skip 8secs since they are implementing a fee for accounts with assets > 10k HKD per month.

Try futu securities and do MYR - HKD instead of MYR -> SGD -> HKD. You ought to lose out more if you keep switching currency.
markedestiny
post Mar 5 2019, 10:43 AM

Enthusiast
703 posts

QUOTE(foxxy @ Mar 5 2019, 01:39 AM)
Are you a frequent trader ? If yes, stick with 8sec.

If no, suggest to skip 8secs since they are implementing a fee for accounts with assets > 10k HKD per month.

Try futu securities and do MYR - HKD instead of MYR -> SGD -> HKD. You ought to lose out more if you keep switching currency.
It's HKD15K, not HKD10K. smile.gif

8sec has changed its fee structure to membership subscription where you need to pay fee of HKD88 every month if your trade value is more than HKD15K. On top of this, I have briefly go through their other trade fees and there is a slight increase as well, if not, most fees remain the same before their implementation of membership subscription.

Although I have an 8sec account, I dont fund it, simply because their stringent insistence that you have to use your declared Malaysia bank account to do the remittance, rather than fintech like instarem etc. Unless if you managed to open a HK bank account (like Spore, I was made to understand it is not easy nowadays to open one, I didn't try anyway).

Do you have a futu account? Could you advise your experience with this pls?
jflee
post Mar 6 2019, 12:12 AM

18 posts

How do you fund HK trading from MY? do u guys normally open HK bank account?

Tried to look at Futu, but not much info provided (no mention about pricing or account opening procedure). If anyone has experience please share, that would be helpful
jflee
post Mar 6 2019, 12:12 AM

18 posts

Deleted

This post has been edited by jflee: Mar 6 2019, 12:14 AM
markedestiny
post Mar 7 2019, 01:53 PM

Enthusiast
703 posts

QUOTE(jflee @ Mar 6 2019, 12:12 AM)
How do you fund HK trading from MY? do u guys normally open HK bank account?

Tried to look at Futu, but not much info provided (no mention about pricing or account opening procedure). If anyone has experience please share, that would be helpful
There are already answers to your some of your questions if you look back.

As for FUTU, there is no response from the forummer who claimed that he/she has opened account.

FUTU was backed up by Tencent recently last year and while they seemed to have improve on their web and mobile app, account opening is complicated for me as I don't read mandarin. sad.gif . The app looks clean and informative in English, but problem came when you decided to open account. The app asked for China ID and FAQs is in Mandarin dry.gif . Although app user interface is in english, everything else is in mandarin including its stock news. They still have alot of work to be done if they want to cater to international market. For me, I skip this until they improvise and stick to FSM Sg to trade HKEX.
foxxy
post Mar 7 2019, 05:31 PM

On my way
646 posts

Hi,

In term of support, I think futu is definitely better than 8sec and others. You may submit your documents and open up your account online. You don't have to travel to HK. If you do not have HK bank account, then abit mafan, you may have to get your cheque ready.

Give them some time and i think english ver will be readily available across all the function on its mobile app.

Attached below is the charging scheme from futu.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
foxxy
post Mar 7 2019, 05:38 PM

On my way
646 posts

Oh ya just to add on, there'll be charges for dividend collection.
markedestiny
post Mar 8 2019, 09:19 AM

Enthusiast
703 posts

QUOTE(foxxy @ Mar 7 2019, 05:38 PM)
Oh ya just to add on, there'll be charges for dividend collection.
TQ for sharing.

Yes, I think Futu would improvise and rebrand itself in short period of time given the backing from Tencent. Until then, its work in progress.

Do they accept remittance using fintech?

FishIsSmart
post Apr 27 2020, 08:09 AM

Getting Started
98 posts

futu securities commission rate looks good smile.gif, i am thinking to open account

Stocks $0.0049 / Share, min $0.99 / Order
Investor12
post Apr 27 2020, 11:55 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

I did try before and if I read it correctly FUTU only available for residents from HK/China. I will jump in as soon as they open to foreign residents outside of Hk/China
honeyhoneyComb
post May 19 2020, 03:03 PM

8 posts

Anyone manages to open futu account without HK local bank account?

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0147sec    0.50    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:46 PM