views

prasys
post Mar 28 2019, 09:07 PM

Heros Never Die
Group Icon
VIP
12,925 posts

QUOTE(Eiraku @ Mar 28 2019, 07:04 AM)
Yep left is Brown. And yeah, I do prefer the Brown (both switch and cap) to the basic Blue.

That said, TBH my HP Envy 13 keyboard shits all over them both when it comes to heavy duty touch typing for some reason (I'm thinking key separation), but of course the Envy's KBB is not RGB (and keypresses simply feel a lot less satisfying because its not a mech).

For gaming though the Onyx KBB does just fine IMHO.
You haven't tried legendary Thinkpad keyboard when it comes to touch typing. Oh boy - best in class

prasys
post Apr 2 2019, 08:54 AM

Heros Never Die
Group Icon
VIP
12,925 posts

QUOTE(phoyer15 @ Apr 1 2019, 05:25 PM)
I'm able to connect to the internet and serve the net, the only problem i'm experiencing is when I try to download or update my software. For example, when i try to update my steam, the progress bar goes up gradually and suddenly just backtracks. It repeats several times before the error log appears.
Is Onyx using KILLER Wireless ?
prasys
post Apr 20 2019, 11:27 PM

Heros Never Die
Group Icon
VIP
12,925 posts

QUOTE(mcloudteo @ Apr 20 2019, 01:37 PM)
by using book?  sweat.gif

sorry as i mentioned it look more organize on the cooler pad maybe it not important to you but it's for me.  tongue.gif

but I curious how both of these method will affect the temperature of the laptop hence i did the test just now  devil.gif

both test using intel xtu with 5 minutes stress test on cpu
First test tilt the rear putting something in between the 2 fans inlet like what k!nex did.

user posted image

user posted image
Second test put on cooler pad without fan.

user posted image
I re-run 3 times to make sure the result is consistent as you can see above the result of both method are the same judging from the max recorded value, even the temperature of other component other than cpu.

anyway the test just out of curiosity it's not a professional test of any sort.  laugh.gif
Hiding the other details , umm can't comprehend that one
prasys
post Apr 25 2019, 05:24 PM

Heros Never Die
Group Icon
VIP
12,925 posts

QUOTE(tch23 @ Apr 25 2019, 08:21 AM)
Hmm, noticed that there are no 144hz screen option for onyx lite currently. And big different between 60hz and 144hz?
eSports like Overwatch will benefit , and even MOBA also . So if you got the money opt for 144Hz
prasys
post May 1 2019, 05:54 PM

Heros Never Die
Group Icon
VIP
12,925 posts

QUOTE(pluginbaby @ May 1 2019, 03:51 PM)
Thank you for the great suggestion 😊

Appreciate if anyone else could provide good inputs
I have applied it for my macbook pro previously - snow white decal and few others. It's pretty simple and straight forward to apply. Heck , I've even applied decals on my car
prasys
post May 2 2019, 10:44 AM

Heros Never Die
Group Icon
VIP
12,925 posts

QUOTE(Eiraku @ May 2 2019, 05:18 AM)
To be fair, not all of us are blessed with non-bangku / rock steady hands. I know I'm not lol.

Personally, I DO cut and apply my own decal to my devices (both my Onyx and my Envy has stickers to "protect" the lid and palmrests), but yeah they don't look "pro" by any stretch of the imagination thanks to my completely zero artistic motor skills.

But yeah, you either have to just take it really slow and do it carefully with a squeegee of some sort (and a hairdryer on low for the corners) - or you can go the whole auto-vinyl / incredible shield way of using a sprayer with soapy water (though I have reservations regarding exposing any lappies to moisture of any sort so I never went that route).

Either way, as long as you take your sweet sweet time and don't rush, it should turn out fine as long as you're not too OCD about it. Otherwise, you can always go to MojoWraps or something and ask them if they do customs.
Oh I just get the easier ones designed for laptops hahaha
prasys
post May 2 2019, 01:21 PM

Heros Never Die
Group Icon
VIP
12,925 posts

QUOTE(pluginbaby @ May 2 2019, 12:10 PM)
【15.6寸机械革命深海幽灵Z2黑鲨版电脑贴纸商务版机身外壳保护贴膜】https://m.tb.cn/h.ec26hvg?sm=492943

These is the one I found on Taobao that supposedly fit Onyx (Mechrevo Z2)
okay - wrapping the whole thing is another story...putting up decal stickers of development , unix etc is a different story

prasys
post May 11 2019, 11:20 PM

Heros Never Die
Group Icon
VIP
12,925 posts

QUOTE(Star_knight79 @ May 9 2019, 02:37 PM)
Thanks for the info. How about the key button? Are they wobbly?
If typing is your main thing vs gaming. Probably you shouldn't be looking at Illgear. However if gaming > typing then yes this laptop is good.

So you'll have to pick one...which is important to you.

QUOTE(Eiraku @ May 9 2019, 10:25 PM)
Keyboard "issues" used to happen more with the Blue switches and older keycaps, and it's more of the former (registering accidentally with light touches). However, I have NEVER experienced the other "don't even register after a full touch" thing you're describing, with either keyboard configs.

With the newer Brown switches and V2 caps, there's not so much of even the "light touch mis-register" thing anymore anyway, so that's that.

That said, the overly compact layout (thanks to the numpad) does lead to a bit more typing errors to those used to a bit more space between their keys.

Advise you drop by the Illegear showroom to test if possible, because keyboards can be rather subjective really.
Well said. Best way is to test it out .
prasys
post May 19 2019, 09:12 PM

Heros Never Die
Group Icon
VIP
12,925 posts

QUOTE(wookp @ May 19 2019, 12:14 AM)
Quick check on the Onyx. I have the RTX2060 but i ccan't seem to turn on G-Sync. Help please?
There is no G-SYNC and also i am not sure if there is Vertical Sync (smart one whatever nvidia calls it) - generally it's turned off when there is Optimus is enabled...
prasys
post May 20 2019, 08:06 PM

Heros Never Die
Group Icon
VIP
12,925 posts

QUOTE(wookp @ May 20 2019, 10:55 AM)
Anyone from Illegear that can answer my query? Does my Illegear Onyx have the option to run on Gsync when i connect it with external freesync monitors? Because for now, I can't seem to find that option even though i am connecting to 2 freesync monitors.

Thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSvDmNKk-LQ&feature=youtu.be

If your monitor isn't compatible , you can force enable it

prasys
post May 20 2019, 09:00 PM

Heros Never Die
Group Icon
VIP
12,925 posts

QUOTE(wookp @ May 20 2019, 08:57 PM)
Found out the issue. I need a freesync monitor with display port to display port connection to work with G-sync. The monitor i have does not have display port. SMH.
You can look at adaptive vsync in nvidia settings but i think with optimus....you can't even find that option...damn it nvidia...

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0381sec    0.29    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:10 PM