Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

ILLEGEAR Onyx Discussion Thread V1, Illegear's first Bazel-less Notebook

views

michealelsie
post Oct 22 2018, 05:22 PM

On my way
500 posts

Guys, i'm currently looking at this laptop now. May I know the overall user experience from you guys on this laptop and also if it is recommended compared with the other laptops on its class/CP rate.

Thanks guys~
michealelsie
post Oct 24 2018, 10:41 AM

On my way
500 posts

I am looking on this laptop recently. Went to the showroom/office to have a look on the real one. Good build quality.

However, I noticed one flaw which is the track pad. I hold my finger on the trackpad without moving, the cursor on the desktop keep "dancing around". I asked the sales representative whom replied that it might be driver not fully installed.

I went through the net and also noticed that reviewer pointed out the same problem.
Also, they did mentioned about loud fan noise and also crazy hot button on the top part of the laptop after gaming some times.

I would like to know more real life user experience from here. Hope you guy could
share your experience.

Thank you so much, really appreciate.
michealelsie
post Oct 25 2018, 09:37 AM

On my way
500 posts

QUOTE(Eiraku @ Oct 24 2018, 12:49 PM)
True that. And hey in actual use the fans noise is not even that bad unless you're pushing the unit hard.

The massively audible KBB click of the blue switches however, is something worth thinking about (vs the more silent browns).
You guys are right tho smile.gif

i tested the blue switches that day, the clicky sound is still ok comparing with my current blue switches mech kbb. But the brown switches definitely more pleasant to use especially in the office like i'm going to do so.

Regarding the fan, if it doesn't suddenly kick in during normal office usage then ok. While gaming, it's understandable that it would kick in.
michealelsie
post Oct 26 2018, 05:23 PM

On my way
500 posts

May I know if the space bar is wobbly like other reviewer mentioned about? Or it is just happened on Cap 1?
michealelsie
post Oct 26 2018, 11:40 PM

On my way
500 posts

QUOTE(jrlogger @ Oct 26 2018, 10:10 PM)
The Cap 1 keys are a bit wobbly, my Cap 2s are more stable.
You’re on blue cap 2 or brown cap 2?
michealelsie
post Oct 27 2018, 07:47 AM

On my way
500 posts

QUOTE(jrlogger @ Oct 27 2018, 12:25 AM)
Brown Cap 2
Thanks for sharing wink.gif
michealelsie
post Nov 6 2018, 05:44 PM

On my way
500 posts

QUOTE(Winn@Illegear @ Nov 5 2018, 06:55 PM)
user posted image

Great cooling system comes great portability. The SELENITE is a gnarly 17.3” machine but it has an ultra-slim figure of 25mm and weighing in at only 2.25kg with a petite 15.6” form factor – a portable powerhouse that doesn’t compromise immersive experiences even on the go.

#ILLEGEAR #WhenPerformanceMatters #Selenite #INFINIVISION #SilentMechanicalKeyboard #GENESWITCH
Anyone using this monster? I’m so boring and lonely hahahahahahaha
michealelsie
post Nov 6 2018, 07:46 PM

On my way
500 posts

QUOTE(ZM Fong @ Nov 6 2018, 06:15 PM)
This model is very new from TongFang - GK7CN5S/6S
Guess not much people using, although I can see some resellers in other countries are starting to sell it
Hope more and more people start using this, if not then kinda sad because no discussion...
michealelsie
post Nov 7 2018, 07:16 AM

On my way
500 posts

QUOTE(Cimo @ Nov 6 2018, 09:31 PM)
Of course no one else is talking about it.. this is Onyx discussion thread.. go open Selenite own thread lah. Heheheh.
Of course i know this is Onyx thread la bro biggrin.gif laugh.gif
michealelsie
post Nov 11 2018, 09:50 AM

On my way
500 posts

QUOTE(tr|n|ty @ Nov 9 2018, 04:20 PM)
Thx bro for the info. Seems battery life isnt that good but understandable since it focus on performance. 4 hours light surfing maybe translate to less than 2 hours video/gaming. By the way I noticed this battery pack which is to replace the hard disk drive. Do you know how much battery time it can provide and how much it will increase the overall weight?
the bigger battery pack will increase the battery life by 40-60% as mentioned by other reviewer

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0291sec    0.33    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:57 PM