Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Advice Wanted my gf said me so old no car and no planning

views

AlanMosby
post Aug 15 2018, 08:09 PM

11 posts

I think many has shared about what he should do and asked about what is his qualification etc. He isn't willing to provide that kind of information so be it.

Personally, to share my view, I think you can start with Insurance/Direct-Selling/Property part time. Let me tell you why. Because that is how I got started. Just a note to keep you interested, I am no longer involve with any of these industries.

It isn't the result from the sales that I am trying to interest you here. I believe an individual must be motivated every day and have future plannings and here is how to go about it.

The three sectors that I mentioned earlier, taught me one thing and one thing only, that is how to present myself as a likable person, or simply presentable. By being so, you'll see opportunities come your way as you will be surrounded by people that like you, people will give you more chances, more patience, more time.

A little about myself.
I am 26yrs old, failed my SPM, my highest education being a Diploma. I earn 5 digit a month so bear with me here. I believe I'm in the middle tier of my age group and am trying very hard to 'up my game' from anyone that is willing to share.

Back to what I was saying, in order for your up-line to make you work for them, they must put you out there and before they do that, they must groom you, from head to toe. Now-a-days there are many agencies put in a ton of money setting the right environment that provides training, not just on the sales tactic but on the following; how to dress, how to talk, how to style your hair, how to walk, how to act in certain ways, what to wear, body languages as well as many social and personal etiquette that benefits both you and the people around you in the long run. Some may argue that's called being fake and not being yourself or eventually you'll get tired of being someone else.. I'm talking about before you sell anything, be it cologne or condominiums, you must sell yourself. The buyer must like you, to give you there business. I'm talking about doing something repeatedly every day, until it becomes you.

Let me share.

Slouching. We do it. I used to slouch a lot, be it sitting or walking. I was taught to stand tall and keep my head and back straight. I'm talking about doing it so often that it becomes uncomfortable slouching, you become fidgety when your lower back isn't touching the seat-back.

Oversized clothes vs fit fitting clothes - Just from the look, who are you attracted to?
Engaging facial expressions and body language
Being interested in People
How to walk with a purpose, how to stand, how to act
How to have the right mindset
How to see yourself in 3,5,10 years to the smallest details
How to win people over

and many more. Yes you can read self development books but you can never get the right environment with reading. It is similar to studying online courses to physically attending classes. However, here's a good book that helped me along the way - 7 habits of Highly Effective People =]

All in all, I was involved with insurance for 3 years and that made me who I am today. For a person who used to stutter in school auditorium, I still remember talking on stage in my top-performing agency, going for many interviews just to see how far I've come to get the people to like me. Many has shared with me that the moment that I walked in, they knew I was going to get the job. I am at my sixth job now, and so far I've failed one interview in my entire working life. Yes I must admit, although I have been slacking for a while now, I don't see how I will have a problem 'getting my game back'. It's like cycling, you don't forget it.

Looking to share more if you guys are interested. Let's work together =]

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0194sec    0.07    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:02 PM