7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Property selling around 500K with >RM3k rental?, investment

hummels
post May 2 2018, 12:02 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Malaysian refuse to pay higher rental. Only expat can afford rm3k per month. Better find smaller properties and rent.
kevin8707
post May 2 2018, 12:11 PM

Group: Newbie

May be u can consider those properties that aim for AirBnB or Hotel renting?
There are few hot in market now, Scarletz, Ceylonz, Ion Majestic, Harbour City etc.
Some of them offer 6-7% GRR which equivalent to your 3k rental
Looi90
post May 2 2018, 12:12 PM

Getting Started

for residential & not low cost prop , so far I only manage found 320-330k fully furnished prop renting 1.6k steadily long term tenancy , seller willing to sell with tenancy and furnishing which means a 5.8-6% ROI but keep in mind this is subsale so need to fork out legal fees n valuation fee so on to factor in , too bad it's not a 0 DP interest free undercon project lol

This post has been edited by Looi90: May 2 2018, 12:14 PM
jeansandcorduroy
post May 2 2018, 12:54 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(kevin8707 @ May 2 2018, 12:11 PM)
May be u can consider those properties that aim for AirBnB or Hotel renting?
There are few hot in market now, Scarletz, Ceylonz, Ion Majestic, Harbour City etc.
Some of them offer 6-7% GRR which equivalent to your 3k rental
I hate Airbnb, but yeah, this.

Anyway I'll just give one suggestion: get Residensi Kerinchi at Bangsar South / Kerinchi. Its currently at 500k plus. Or find another unit around the area, there are some around that figure.

Can you break down the rent into at least RM 2500 to RM 3k? If your tenants are postgraduate students from UM, might be possible. Rent it out by room.

Bangsar South also has decent Airbnb potential. Near public transport, soon to be linked to the second MRT line. No long term residents complaining because the area is a transient society anyway.

Your only problem - every single other speculator in Malaysia has thought of this. So feel free to compete with thousands and thousands of other units in the area at least until the supply there is fully consumed. But if you can afford to bleed, won't be a problem! (I can't, haha)

Enjoy your hunt!

Source: used to stay in Kerinchi as a student, will always have a soft spot for that place. Would see druggies on the fire escape while my housemate looped 'Jealous Guy' on repeat in the apartment, at midnight you can still see life on the streets. Sleazy place but glorious.
evo5555
post May 2 2018, 01:17 PM

QUOTE(samkps @ May 2 2018, 11:09 AM)
Might try your luck on 3-4 units of low cost flat within walking distance to LRT..  devil.gif  devil.gif  devil.gif
good idea.. thumbup.gif
evo5555
post May 2 2018, 01:21 PM

QUOTE(zulfadzlis @ May 2 2018, 11:40 AM)
Logically speaking if someone is willing to fork out 3k rental per month, I'm quite sure that person might as well buy a new property instead of renting ...
not trying to debate.. juz being optimistic. i believe there will be ppl who needs temporary arrangements for family comfort while searching or waiting for their plan to be realized...

i believe there will also be market for ppl whos accomodation is purely paid for by company? but then again.. it all drills down to location, the unit and surrounding estate condition as well.. RM500k.. what do we expect to get ya?? lol...

evo5555
post May 2 2018, 01:22 PM

perhaps getting a few unit of low cost apartment and renting for about approx. 1k each will be better strategy... haha... smile.gif
gks
post May 2 2018, 01:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

It is not about property but if you aim to get high yield you can opt for
1. Homestay
2. Sublet (manage by head or room)
3. Add further/partition bedroom
4. Student boarding
5. Bangladesh workers

sochaiapk
post May 2 2018, 01:25 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(evo5555 @ May 2 2018, 01:49 AM)
Hi.. just checking if anybody come across or knows which development property/area selling no more than RM500K.... and is able to fetch more than RM3K rental monthly?

appreciate if can share info.. smile.gif
Kau jgn. lebih lebih. Standard is 1.5k only unfrunished and 2k if FF.
AskarPerang
post May 2 2018, 01:28 PM

~tUPaI...~

QUOTE(samkps @ May 2 2018, 11:09 AM)
Might try your luck on 3-4 units of low cost flat within walking distance to LRT..  devil.gif  devil.gif  devil.gif
QUOTE(nexona88 @ May 2 2018, 11:46 AM)
Anyhow..

Better buy some low cost flat.. Few units, and rent it out.. More profit 💪

Got huge demand for it...
1. Is well known fact that low cost property got the highest rental yield. But to dispose off will be difficult due to restriction. You can buy 5 units of 100k low cost flat in the lelong market and rent out maybe at RM700 each fully furnish. So total 5 units will get back a return of RM3500 monthly.

2. Airbnb as mention above

3. Rent out per head / per room basis

The more you need to manage the property, the higher the monthly return.

HELLO HELLO
post May 2 2018, 01:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Susah here. Malasiao making susah for expat come in. Only open for Bangala many come.

Want high price rental, can rent to bangala very good price if the unit 1k sqf fit 10 to 15 people. Possible to reach 3k. and every year can increase rental if your place close to work place. Usually kilang taukeh pay for the rental.

Or

Rent to pak Hitam. Quite impossible to get 3k. But may get 20-30% higher compare to standard rental price. Macam rm1.5k after rent to them can get rm1.8k+. If you lucky can get rm2k+ geh.

Now only big china firm standard china expat can pay this much. Rm3k provided the unit must have 2-3rooms. Many sibeh high end kl now rent to them. Maximum 2-3 expats share 1 big unit (2000sf above). They are 1 of the group can pay high rental. But now manyak China project stuck at Malasiao. Malasiao policy make it hard for them to come work here. This pool of tenant also sibeh limited. I knew some opits china guys, not high post, normal post only but salary already above rm20k+ Per month. Too bad malasiao make susah him/her, At the end s/he chose to work at other countries also getting above rm20k+ a month instead of Malasiao.

This post has been edited by HELLO HELLO: May 2 2018, 02:46 PM
jeansandcorduroy
post May 2 2018, 02:00 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(HELLO HELLO @ May 2 2018, 01:56 PM)

Rent to pak Hitam. Quite impossible to get 3k. But may get 20-30% higher compare to standard rental price. Macam rm1.5k after rent to them can get rm1.8k+
I thought the reason why Malaysians are reluctant to rent to Africans is because many of them destroy property?
HELLO HELLO
post May 2 2018, 02:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(jeansandcorduroy @ May 2 2018, 02:00 PM)
I thought the reason why Malaysians are reluctant to rent to Africans is because many of them destroy property?
Wakaka. Malasiao owner Mau Halau also need to see pocket first. If don’t rent to them his or her unit may end up in lelong market. If pocket cannot tahan Die die also rent liao. Don’t fight with $. After rent out Tutup mata Wait after 1 year and see liao

This post has been edited by HELLO HELLO: May 2 2018, 02:05 PM
Hunakadoo
post May 2 2018, 02:45 PM

Call me Gold Man !

nice nice
if there's rm500k with rm3k rental

ppl wouldn't tell u at here hahaha
nexona88
post May 2 2018, 02:49 PM

VIP Club House

QUOTE(hummels @ May 2 2018, 12:02 PM)
Malaysian refuse to pay higher rental. Only expat can afford rm3k per month. Better find smaller properties and rent.
Not many expat nowadays...
Just look around...
Very few now compared with few year back...
TOMEI-R
post May 2 2018, 03:02 PM

Extraordinaire

People these days are not only lazy but greedy as well.
evo5555
post May 2 2018, 03:36 PM

QUOTE(HELLO HELLO @ May 2 2018, 01:56 PM)
Susah here. Malasiao making susah for expat come in. Only open for Bangala many come.

Want high price rental, can rent to bangala very good price if the unit 1k sqf fit 10 to 15 people. Possible to reach 3k. and every year can increase rental if your place close to work place. Usually kilang taukeh pay for the rental.

Or

Rent to pak Hitam. Quite impossible to get 3k. But may get 20-30% higher compare to standard rental price. Macam rm1.5k after rent to them can get rm1.8k+. If you lucky can get rm2k+ geh.

Now only big china firm standard china expat can pay this much. Rm3k provided the unit must have 2-3rooms. Many sibeh high end kl now rent to them. Maximum 2-3 expats share 1 big unit (2000sf above). They are 1 of the group can pay high rental. But now manyak China project stuck at Malasiao. Malasiao policy make it hard for them to come work here. This pool of tenant also sibeh limited. I knew some opits china guys, not high post, normal post only but salary already above rm20k+ Per month. Too bad malasiao make susah him/her, At the end s/he chose to work at other countries also getting above rm20k+ a month instead of Malasiao.
itu malasiao betul betul mau kanna hantam ah.... pasti mau kasi dia new Malaysia!!... ini kalilah!!!...
jeansandcorduroy
post May 2 2018, 03:37 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ May 2 2018, 03:02 PM)
People these days are not only lazy but greedy as well.
It's called 'EPF no enough'
HELLO HELLO
post May 2 2018, 03:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(evo5555 @ May 2 2018, 03:36 PM)
itu malasiao betul betul mau kanna hantam ah.... pasti mau kasi dia new Malaysia!!... ini kalilah!!!...
I heard if change to new Malasiao. Lagi not welcome big china firm/company come in wor? This said by Old m oh. Will Lagi jialat boh?😂 Now the whole world trying to do business with China. our neighbor lcly Sporean also diam diam need china economy to support. But the new Malasiao Macam want to kick them out. Pening liao.

This post has been edited by HELLO HELLO: May 2 2018, 03:45 PM
jeansandcorduroy
post May 2 2018, 03:47 PM

Getting Started

No difference between political parties. All states having the same problem

If Malaysia can secure a high income economy, renting to locals for 3k is not a problem. Because I know locals who are paying about RM 2k plus for rent just because they like it.

Majority of Malaysians like this one though = https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4572564

7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0852sec    3.39    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st February 2019 - 07:57 PM