Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Need Advice For Running, On Treadmill or on the Road

views

Odinn
post May 24 2018, 12:16 AM

Say what?!?&!%@
1,141 posts

QUOTE(Hou_JaI @ May 23 2018, 07:18 PM)
thanks so much for the response. yes, i started doing squat, heel up before every run, and alternate days. also i found out that when running on treadmill,  i will need to set the incline % a bit, i.e. the platform cannot be completely flat. doing so, i feel the impact is not so much as the travel distance of my feet while running is shorten. anyone agrees with this?
What's the incline level you set? Unless it's high, say over 4, I don't think level 1 will have much difference. I usually run at 0 incline so I can't say for sure. But high incline means your toes will hit the surface before the rest of your feet so you'll have more spring I guess. Less impact on the feet, more spring.
TSHou_JaI
post May 24 2018, 01:05 PM

Regular
1,129 posts

QUOTE(Odinn @ May 24 2018, 12:16 AM)
What's the incline level you set? Unless it's high, say over 4, I don't think level 1 will have much difference. I usually run at 0 incline so I can't say for sure. But high incline means your toes will hit the surface before the rest of your feet so you'll have more spring I guess. Less impact on the feet, more spring.
level 3 and 7.0 kmh, yes, i need to control my feet such that not just the toes hitting first, but my fore feet most of the time. and the next day, felt ache on my claf mostly but not on my knee cap anymore which is good though biggrin.gif
Odinn
post May 24 2018, 01:21 PM

Say what?!?&!%@
1,141 posts

QUOTE(Hou_JaI @ May 24 2018, 01:05 PM)
level 3 and 7.0 kmh, yes, i need to control my feet such that not just the toes hitting first, but my fore feet most of the time. and the next day, felt ache on my claf mostly but not on my knee cap anymore which is good though biggrin.gif
I meant to say your forefoot and not toes, but you get the idea. As long as it doesn't hurt then just continue doing it. But when it comes to running on flat surface/lower inclines, you will have to adjust your stride and strikes.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0109sec    0.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:12 AM