9 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Astro Version 13A, All about Astro Malaysia offerings

views

Oltromen Ripot
post Nov 2 2021, 11:54 AM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,774 posts

QUOTE(enriquelee @ Nov 2 2021, 10:58 AM)
Thanks for the reply.

Seems like i need to put on hold for the upgrade for the time being. Cause my Sharp LE830 TV is not compatible with Ultra box.  doh.gif
i went to CSC Prai last Saturday.

CS convinced me to not upgrade to Ultra yet.

She explained Astro tested all TV models, and only Sharp models before 2017 (or was it also 2017?) have issue with Ultra (and I think, also Ulti).
Oltromen Ripot
post Nov 2 2021, 01:18 PM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,774 posts

QUOTE(youngwolf2k @ Nov 2 2021, 12:25 PM)
What sort of issues are faced? Just curious.
CS did not explain further then just saying brand Sharp and year 2017.

Though i didn't pay attention on the part whether it BEFORE or INCLUSIVE year 2017 as my Sharp was purchased in 2012.

She have my thanks for questioning me. It never occured to me to check compatibility.
Oltromen Ripot
post Nov 2 2021, 01:30 PM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,774 posts

QUOTE(jimbet1337 @ Nov 2 2021, 01:26 PM)
My only gripe with ultrabox is that if I turned on the ultrabox first and then my TV (Sony), then no sound will come out from my soundbar. Had to turn on the TV first.

Still can't find a workaround.

Current connection:

Ultrabox > TV (HDMI)
Soundbar > TV (HDMI ARC)

Never occured with the previous HD Box (HDD)
you mean, if both were on "remote:off" standby, and the problem occurs if you wake the ultrabox first?

Oltromen Ripot
post Nov 2 2021, 02:29 PM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,774 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Nov 2 2021, 02:16 PM)
Usual for older unit does not comply to latest HDCP 2.2. Therefore, you probably get error and no picture displayed. It is not about really about HDMI version.
QUOTE(jimbet1337 @ Nov 2 2021, 02:18 PM)
Correct.
Ok will try tonight.
reading about HDCP 2.2
Now I understand what's in play.

Not Just TVs

The problem extends throughout the chain. Run your HDMI through a receiver or soundbar? They'll need to be HDCP 2.2 compliant as well. It's important to note, there are many receivers shipping this year that have HDMI 2.0, but are not HDCP 2.2 compliant. That might be an issue eventually, as we've discussed. https://www.cnet.com/tech/home-entertainmen...u-need-to-know/

Oltromen Ripot
post Nov 3 2021, 02:48 AM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,774 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Nov 3 2021, 02:05 AM)
Q: I've been using Astro HD/PVR box on my old Sharp TV, and I never experience such HDCP issue until I upgrade to Ulti/Ultra Box.
Very likely because you haven't been realise that all these years, you've been using AV/RCA inputs to watch Astro (so you've been watching SD picture quality, even if the channel is in HD), that is why you never face such HDCP issue before, until the day you upgrade to Ulti/Ultra Box because neither Ulti and Ultra Box has AV/RCA outputs.
yup, my LC32LE340M model is in your list.

Astro HD box does display HD channels through HDMI with this model, so i took for granted that the HDCP2.2. mentioned in brochures is supported. which, it does not.
Oltromen Ripot
post Nov 3 2021, 02:51 AM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,774 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Nov 3 2021, 02:33 AM)
Soon, we'll be able to use Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar and apparently even iQiyi app right on Ultra Box.
So far what we know is, Netflix one is around November, Disney+ Hotstar is around December. iQiyi, no news yet?
UltraBox not using Play Store? So we can't install those and random app like normal Android or Unifi Plus?
Oltromen Ripot
post Nov 4 2021, 03:31 AM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,774 posts

QUOTE(asellus @ Nov 3 2021, 07:47 PM)
Astro can try to be useful for once and offer a 50% discount on Netflix Premium plan in exchange for unified billing.
i foresee Astro again will force increase price for everyone regardless wanting netflix or not. just like Hotstar, suddenly bump RM5.

I had activated Hotstar while movie pack is with smart card B. few hours after I "moved" movie pack to smart card A, Hotstar no longer recognise my subscription. All this while, I thought it's 1 Hotstar per Astro account, but after experiencing this, it's more like 1 Hotstar per smart card with movie pack.

So for those who have 2 or more (i) non-multiroom smart card (ii) in same Astro account and (iii) each art card have movie pack,
- are you being charged RM5 multiple times although you only need 1 Hotstar?
- or, did Astro reimburse back your redundant RM5 subscription?
- or, you activated different numbers for each of the smart card?
Oltromen Ripot
post Nov 5 2021, 08:53 AM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,774 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Nov 4 2021, 05:52 PM)
And also to remind you, whoever subscribe to Movies pack now (or any package bundle that has Movies pack in it), is subject to 1 year contract and the 1 year contract will auto renew annually.

All thanks to Disney+ Hotstar smile.gif
like that, when are we allowed to terminate?

since if removed too early, it will be breach of contract. if removed too late, it auto-renews. never ending pain.

fuc. now i worry because i swapped the movie pack between 2 smart cards in same account. i didn't enquire of existing contract because i assumed this old account have none, and CS didn't caution of any existing contract before modifying. and before the swap, i thought Hotstar and HBO Go, like astro go l, is per account, never know its per smart card.

FOUND IT

8. I want to subscribe to Movies Pack however will be re-contracted for 12-months. What will happen to my existing Astro contract? If you are subscribing to Movies Pack as an add-on or bundle you will be contracted for 12months to maintain Movies Pack as part of your subscription. This will be in parallel to any existing contracts.

26. I received notification that my subscription to Disney+ Hotstar will be renewed, however I do not want the auto-renewal. How do I opt-out? You will be notified one (1) month before the expiry on the renewal of subscription and can optout from auto renewal at least (2) days before the expiry date.

27. I do not want this price increase/ I want to opt out of the Movies Pack. Customers who wish to opt out of the Movies Pack can do so by calling our Customer Contact Centre at 03 9543 3838. At the IVR menu after language selection, select ‘option 3’ (Manage Account) and speak to one of our customer service executives to change your package according to what suits you best. Alternatively, please WhatsApp us at 03 9543 3838 and type DH Help for further assistance. However, please note that if you opt-out of the Movies Pack and later decide to add it back on to your subscription, you will be subject to a 12-month re-contract as per subscription rules for new Movies Pack customers.

28. I am on the Movies Pack. If I opt out of the auto-renewal, does this mean I am also opting-out of the Movies Pack? Yes, if you are currently on the Movies Pack, opting out of the auto-renewal of your Disney+ Hotstar access means you will also be opting out of the Movies Pack. Do note that if you choose to add the Movies Pack again to your subscription, you will be subject to a 12-month re-contract as per subscription rules for new Movies Pack customers.

This post has been edited by Oltromen Ripot: Nov 5 2021, 09:04 AM
Oltromen Ripot
post Nov 9 2021, 03:33 PM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,774 posts

ship....

i upgraded my plan to super pack lite movie, and replaced my incompatible sharp to 4K tv just for the sake of switching to ultrabox.

went into astro site today to perform switch to ultrabox, and this ship sailed.

don't tell me now i need to pay more, again.....

This post has been edited by Oltromen Ripot: Nov 9 2021, 03:33 PM
Oltromen Ripot
post Nov 10 2021, 06:42 AM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,774 posts

QUOTE(kkm @ Nov 10 2021, 12:26 AM)
I have been going through the channel listings for the various packages and options. What happened to the news channels from 500 onwards? How do I subscribe to News in the new offerings?
they combined news and learning packs into one as news & documentary.
damn cheeky to force price bump.

This post has been edited by Oltromen Ripot: Nov 10 2021, 06:43 AM
Oltromen Ripot
post Nov 10 2021, 11:26 AM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,774 posts

guys, is it worth it, upgrading from DMT5 black box to ultrabox (and based on current offer requires upgrading plan as well), if my sole intent is to get 4K experience or UHD?

i only have (previously) movies, learning, kids, news, korean.
so, worth it if the intent is only to upgrade from just HD to UHD/4K?

background:
I've been targetting to upgrade to ultrabox for the 4K experience, and even replaced my incompatible TV for this aim. and suddenly this new packaging happened right on the day i get my new TV, right when i want to switch DMT5 to ultrabox.
cannot upgrade to ultrabox without replacing existing legacy plan.

This post has been edited by Oltromen Ripot: Nov 10 2021, 11:29 AM
Oltromen Ripot
post Nov 10 2021, 11:41 AM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,774 posts

QUOTE(weareblahs @ Nov 10 2021, 11:32 AM)
Somehow lack of some 4K contents in Astro's own in-house VOD library. Not sure if Netflix supports 4K.

All Ultra Box installation gives you access to Ch 780 (Astro UHD) - just make sure that your TV supports the newest HDCP specifications.
ah, if UHD/4K for non-sports is lacking, then I might as well don't upgrade to ultrabox, sit my ass on this so-called legacy plan that is cheaper.

(i am against sports, so even if astro offers 256K sports they won't entice me.)

base+movies+malay+news+learning+kids+babytv+indo+korean = RM107 (after some discount for 2 years) after my reorganizing my subscription 2 weeks ago.

now the equivalent of
base+movies+malay+news+learning+kids+babytv = RM119 (after RM25 discount for 2 years).

This post has been edited by Oltromen Ripot: Nov 10 2021, 11:47 AM
Oltromen Ripot
post Nov 10 2021, 11:52 AM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,774 posts

QUOTE(weareblahs @ Nov 10 2021, 11:43 AM)
I can tell you that 80% of Ch 780's content are sports.
THAT cements the unnecessari-ness to upgrade to ultrabox.

I'll just stick to 4K through streaming apps then.

i tell you; dear wife was wide-eyed last night viewing the details in her current korean flix. kids were jaw-dropped viewing the fur and scales on youtube animals and reptiles. panacea to the aching wallet just seeing them....
Oltromen Ripot
post Nov 10 2021, 02:00 PM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,774 posts

me trying to get a sense of direction

what i don't understand is, Entertainment Plus without movies, give option to add Movies +RM25.
= RM169.99 before discount.

But if you add that RM25 Movies pack to Entertainment Plus, the interface automatically switch you to Entertainment Plus w/ Movie = RM179.99 before discount.

Sounds like a trap to milk RM179.99 instead of RM169.99 without discount.

user posted image

This post has been edited by Oltromen Ripot: Nov 10 2021, 02:14 PM
Oltromen Ripot
post Nov 10 2021, 04:57 PM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,774 posts

QUOTE(deric88 @ Nov 10 2021, 04:52 PM)
In one sense, they simplified the packages, instead of having multiple packs for the similar content type.
more like separating popular items, then merging unpopular items into another pack.

Ended up becoming more expensive even if you just want to match back your legacy subscription.

At current rate, even my legacy sub + separate Netflix Premium is cheaper and more Astro channels
than if I switch to new sub w/ Netflix Standard under Astro.

This post has been edited by Oltromen Ripot: Nov 10 2021, 05:01 PM
Oltromen Ripot
post Nov 10 2021, 05:19 PM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,774 posts

QUOTE(deric88 @ Nov 10 2021, 05:01 PM)
What pack are you on? how much a month?
Super Pack Lite 1(a) Movies
+ Kids, Learning, News, BabyTV
+ Movies
+ Mustika
+ Korean
+ Indo
+ Premier League

I'm waiting for 1st bill after I reorganized my sub 2 weeks ago. Supposedly ~RM107. Today's the start of next billing period.

I don't need the League and Indo. But that's what the reorganisation gave.
And after Unifi fibre came in with forced UPB, I can already see many duplicated channels; news, korean and indo, though Unifi's picture quality macam sial even HD worst jagged than tv Flintstone's.

Korean can also terminate after Unifi force-bundled and I chose Viu. Iqiyi just found that I can subscribe cheaper premium 4K version cheaper through billing via Astro.

But Astro's unexpected rehash seems to force bundle things I would rather let go, and it ain't cheaper even if I let go now. More so that I got recontracted since 2 weeks ago, so I can incur penalty if I don't move carefully.

This post has been edited by Oltromen Ripot: Nov 10 2021, 05:23 PM
Oltromen Ripot
post Nov 11 2021, 01:34 AM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,774 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Nov 10 2021, 10:06 PM)
Tbh I also get super duper confuse with the new packs...
i'm looking at Channel 200 and starting to see a pattern.

(a) Primary Pack [RM59.99]

Variety, Kids, Korean, Horror, Movies, Sports, Sports Extra, News&Documentaries are all options to (a) Primary Pack.

If you build ground-up from Primary Pack, the interface does not seem to push you towards the pre-built pack groups.

--

(b) C200's Sports Pack - (a) Primary + Sports [RM89.99]
(c ) C200's Movies Pack - (a) Primary + Movies [RM94.99]
(d) Entertainment Pack - (a) Primary + Variety + Kids + Asian Favourites [RM89.99]

Asian Favourites only appears from here onward with Entertainment Pack. 1 free choice and optional 2 additional payables .

--
Then we have the Plus line
(e) C200's Entertainment Plus Pack - (d) Entertainment + Korean + Horror + Netflix [RM129.99]

--
Then we have the Premium line
(f) Premium Pack 1 - (b) Sports + (c ) Movies [RM124.99]
(g) Premium Pack 2 - (b) Sports + (e) Entertainment Plus [RM149.99]
(h) Premium Pack 3 - (c ) Movies + (e) Entertainment Plus [RM154.99]

The packs that are left not force-added at all to Premium line are News&Documentaries and Sports Extra.

--

Then the Platinum line
(i) Platinum Pack - (b) Sports + (c ) Movies + (e) Entertainment Plus + News&Documentaries [RM194.99]

The only pack that is left not force-added at all to Platinum line is Sports Extra.

This post has been edited by Oltromen Ripot: Nov 11 2021, 02:02 AM
Oltromen Ripot
post Nov 11 2021, 01:54 AM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,774 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Nov 11 2021, 01:47 AM)
Don't forget about Asian Favourites too...
I was about to edit.

Asian Favourites only available with Entertainment Pack.

Netflix only available with Entertainment Plus Pack.

This post has been edited by Oltromen Ripot: Nov 11 2021, 02:09 AM
Oltromen Ripot
post Nov 11 2021, 02:16 PM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,774 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Nov 11 2021, 12:48 PM)
Hmm.. I'm lost in the new package.

So, I'm paying RM 151 for Super Pack 3, I have my own Netflix Premium account, is there any better package for me with similar or slightly expensive pricing?

I'm already on Ultra Box.
QUOTE(smileguy @ Nov 11 2021, 01:05 PM)
just enjoy what u have,nothing great or new on UB biggrin.gif
QUOTE(fruitie @ Nov 11 2021, 01:27 PM)
I thought can get better package ma. tongue.gif I gave up News some time back, if there is a bundle package with similar price, why not? laugh.gif
walked in to SC to still find if i can upgrade without change plan.

cannot.

but CS convinced me that without Sports, I don't miss anything with current HD PVR.

well, I'll just keep on sulking during rain.
Oltromen Ripot
post Nov 11 2021, 05:41 PM

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1,774 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Nov 11 2021, 03:54 PM)
You want to change to Ultra Box?
Finally got fiber in home, so dreams growing bigger.

Spouse complained of "hujan, tak de show", so i want to kill many many birds 1 shot; align and pin down unifi, astro 2yr contract in one go.

Went to SC 2 weeks ago, but cannot upgrade to Ultrabox because not old Sharp HD. So just reorganise into current sub.

I fnally got my TV 4K-ed few days ago, but just nice Astro also froze all changes due to upgrade.

When they unfroze, I immediately try to apply upgrade online after itchy practicing the inteface since last week, but *baaam* into our current situation

9 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0399sec    0.89    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 8th August 2022 - 07:03 PM