Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Astro Version 13A, All about Astro Malaysia offerings

views

Feliex
post Dec 27 2019, 11:42 PM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Dec 26 2019, 02:26 PM)
No they can't detect your location. What's your Astro box type? HD box or PVR box?

You need to make sure the LNB type either your satellite dishes at your home or Kampung is the same, and the Input Source setting matches the setting

You go to Settings>Installation Settings>Satellite Settings
What's the Input Source option you've chosen? Universal, SatCR or DCSS?
If Astro using SIM Card & dial-up involved.
YES, they can know your position (Location ONLY) within 1M (In Theory)

This post has been edited by Feliex: Dec 27 2019, 11:43 PM
Feliex
post Jan 24 2020, 12:00 PM

On my way
543 posts

https://pictr.com/image/5QkfRv

Who want Astro Sport package I got FREE Code from Coca-Cola, want to giveaways due to I'm not a Astro User.

Can PMe or Reply my post. First Come First Serve.

This post has been edited by Feliex: Jan 24 2020, 12:01 PM
Feliex
post Apr 15 2020, 02:17 PM

On my way
543 posts

Hi everyone, want to asking, is the njoi HBO subscription also can using HBO Go ?
Feliex
post Jun 26 2020, 11:36 PM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jun 26 2020, 10:02 PM)
Soon we would be able to watch Astro without set-top-box...
More details here: https://product.astro.com.my/tvapp-beta

FAQ: [attachmentid=10524354]
https://dj7fdt04hl8tv.cloudfront.net/acm/me...ramme_final.pdf

T&C: [attachmentid=10524355]
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Source: https://dj7fdt04hl8tv.cloudfront.net/acm/me...ramme-terms.pdf

Supported Devices:
[attachmentid=10524356]
https://assets-global.website-files.com/5de...eb-Browsers.pdf

TL;DR :
It appears that Astro is also testing their new payment system, so that's why for those who wish to participate in this round of beta programme, a non-refundable RM1/month will be charged onto your debit or credit card.
And similarly, what you can watch on Astro Go now, is also similar what you can watch on this Astro TV beta app:
user posted image
And because of this apparently, that's why only those who don't have an active Astro subscription may be eligible for this beta programme.
Unless if you "trick" them by using another email address that is not linked to your Astro account for this beta programme, then maybe got chance  biggrin.gif

So what you guys think? Any of you here received the invitation email from Astro?
After successful payment, can’t login

user posted image

Helpp
Feliex
post Jun 27 2020, 02:59 PM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jun 27 2020, 12:19 AM)
You use new email address or what?
I think it's better that you fill up the Contact Us form on the beta programme page there, for further assistance...
My email got link b4 during Mco watch free channel but I didn’t use for subscribing Astro.
Thanks, morning ady send the inquiry to them, now waiting for the reply.
Feliex
post Jun 13 2021, 06:44 PM

On my way
543 posts

Hi sifu here,, I got enquiries,, if I want choose started pack,, can I subscribe the mini learning pack (Documentary) & sport pack? Thanks
Feliex
post Jun 13 2021, 10:02 PM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jun 13 2021, 08:32 PM)
Can.

Starter Pack RM61.32 + Sports Pack RM33 + 1 Mini package (Learning) RM12 = RM106.32
+ 6% SST = Total RM112.70/month

That RM112.70/month price point is pretty similar if you choose either Value Pack 4 or any Super Pack Lite (Sports)

Value Pack 4 RM80 + Sports Pack RM33 = RM113
+ 6% SST = RM119.80/month

Super Pack Lite (Sports) = RM115
+ 6% SST = RM121.90/month

Refer to the rate card here to know better:
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=101251840
Thank You very Much🙏🏻 Still in considering
Feliex
post Jun 14 2021, 11:11 PM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jun 14 2021, 10:37 PM)
Astro's broadcast guys be like:
- "Aiyaaaa no one will bother that small little detail one... Even if there is, out of millions of viewers out there, only a few handful ones will notice that. So there's no big deal lah. "
- "Huh? Is this a complaint or what? Come on, we got other more important matters to deal with. Ain't nobody got time for that."
- "I see no problem also. "
- "Oh, this is how the product design works. So this is normal."
- "If not happy, just cancel Astro. End of story."

That's how our technical related cases (especially minor cases) is being sidelined and eventually, close case  biggrin.gif
Sifu if technician come to install Astro, is that anything need to be aware? Terrace house
Feliex
post Jun 15 2021, 12:11 AM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jun 15 2021, 12:06 AM)
What is your existing Astro box model? HD box? PVR box?

If you want to upgrade to Ultra Box, make sure you are able to watch CH 780 without any error message shown on TV.
Make sure you don't see Services Currently Not Available (SCNA) message when tune to CH 781.
Thank You,, I’m new to Astro gonna take ultra box 😂 still in consider want take movie pack or not 😂😂 because of HBO wonder got censorship or not on Astro 😂

This post has been edited by Feliex: Jun 15 2021, 12:13 AM
Feliex
post Jun 15 2021, 01:09 AM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jun 15 2021, 12:32 AM)
Oh, you're a new customer, is it? Are you signing up Astro only, or Astro & Broadband, or Astro IPTV?

When it comes to censorship in linear TV channels, you can't run away from that, and HBO is no exception to that.
For CH 411, HBO is a dedicated Malaysia feed, so the censorship works will be done by HBO themselves.
For CH 412, Cinemax channel is being delayed 1 hour from the original feed, hence the censorship works will be done by Astro.

Are you a fan of Disney+ Hotstar? If not, then I suggest you not to take Movies pack first. After all, you can subscribe to Movies pack anytime you want.
Once you're on Movies pack, you'll be bound to 1 year contract just for Movies pack alone. Prorated penalty charges applies if you cancel Movies pack within the contract period.
Subscribing to it, is always easy. But when it comes to cancelling it, there will be some catch here and there. So do your research before you make your decision.

Any Astro customers that subscribes to Sports pack from now until 17 July 2021, will be bound by 1 year contract for Sports pack alone. Prorated penalty charges applies if you cancel Sports pack within the contract period.
Why like that? Because Astro don't want you to suka suka cancel Sports pack after UEFA Euro 2020 is over.  biggrin.gif
I’m subscribe Astro only 😊 got it! I actually Just want watch the AEC, documentary & Sport. I got subscribe HBO GO buy monthly is a lot as well 30++RM & Netflix share with friend,, 1 month 14rm.. Will consider subscribe Disney+Hotstar first

This post has been edited by Feliex: Jun 15 2021, 01:16 AM
Feliex
post Jun 16 2021, 10:10 PM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jun 16 2021, 09:57 PM)
That's the older version of Value Pack 4, previously also known as Fans Pack, which has been discontinued around June 2020.
Value Pack 4 is now known as Selection Pack, and it has no Sports pack in it, but it is available through add on.
user posted image
Source: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=96979366

Good for you la. Now you can enjoy Korean pack channels.  biggrin.gif
Joshhd I just know.. the new comer discount one on website,, once when do upgrade package between 24 month contract la,, the discount price will be take away,, while add ala cart no affect… damn lo… [started pack++ & (sport + learning pack)] 107RM .. I should just direct sign up “SUPER PACK” which is 120RM…

This post has been edited by Feliex: Jun 16 2021, 10:12 PM
Feliex
post Jun 17 2021, 05:04 PM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(dannychen @ Jun 17 2021, 02:14 PM)
you can just file a complaint to MCMC telling the 20% discount for new comers. then they will call you to offer it with 24 months contract.
can meh? But this one is Astro call me during the "verification form" and let me know this rule... seems if argue also no solid since they tell me earlier before start proceed...

[Me: want apply for Astro
Reception: Ok,, what decoder you are using now,, astro beyond blah blah
Me: No, Im New to Astro, want subscribe Astro..]

Base on this time during registration what I found is Astro need make improvement, the ASTRO WALK-IN STORE (Service Central Branch) didn't handle well for the newcomer 20% discount package, they even don't know got this kind of package until I show them the ASTRO webpage, the more funny things are.. subscribe sport pack has to add on euro pass for another 33rm which is total 66rm/month sweat.gif disney+hotstar need add 18.90/month, and he say Website is more cheap compare here doh.gif [NO SYNC latest information with HQ]

Then I decided go to the website and make registration, I can't even find out their hotlink for registration, only can go through Whatsapp chat.. is very inconvenient to me. The overall experience is not very good for NEWCOMER,, what I found maybe ASTRO is giving up to "attract" NEWCOMER.

The only reason i no use tvbox is beacause not reliability & stability & delay... else mayb i "Otak Masuk Air doh.gif "

This post has been edited by Feliex: Jun 17 2021, 11:28 PM
Feliex
post Jun 17 2021, 11:26 PM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jun 17 2021, 10:58 PM)
Okok it seems like you experienced a pretty messed up information here and there.

What is it that you want to know about Astro's package offerings? We'll try to advise you as much and as accurate as possible here.

As what I understand based on your previous posts, you have successfully installed Ultra Box (not Ulti Box), and you subscribed to these packages:
Starter Pack (I assume is the New Emperor one) RM61.32 + Sports Pack RM33 + 1 Mini package (Learning) RM12 = RM106.32
+ 6% SST = Total RM112.70/month

Am I right so far? Or did I miss out anything, or any rebates or something?

-----

Subscribe Sports pack to watch UEFA Euro 2020
If you subscribe to Sports pack now, it will be bound for 1 year contract. Prorated penalty charge of RM99 per month applies if you cancel Sports pack within the 12 months period.
If you find that 1 year contract is too long, you can choose to pay a one-off RM30 upon subscribing to Sports pack, but its contract period will be 3 months instead. 

Disney+ Hotstar
As long you are a Starter Pack or Value Pack customer, and you wish to add on Disney+ Hotstar onto your subscription, just add RM7.50 / month (excl SST).
Example: Starter Pack RM61.32 + Disney+Hotstar RM7.50 = RM68.82/month + 6% SST = RM72.95/month
Hence, the package will be known as Starter Pack Plus or Value Pack Plus, and you will be bound to 24 months contract.
Compared to Starter/Value Packs without Disney+ Hotstar, the package's contract period is only 6 months.

So think wisely before making decision ya. Anymore you want to know?
Thanks Joshhd 🙏🙏 Your one already correct .. Astro already proceed on last Tuesday le.. now waiting for installer contact me

This post has been edited by Feliex: Jun 17 2021, 11:29 PM
Feliex
post Jun 18 2021, 01:50 PM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Jun 18 2021, 01:37 PM)
Nice.
why nice? will ASTRO replace any channel?
Feliex
post Jun 19 2021, 10:35 PM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(weareblahs @ Jun 19 2021, 08:26 PM)
This image could make sense because of App Hub. They might migrate it to Android TV.
user posted image
Source: https://support.astro.com.my/question/refre...ra-box-ulti-box

Is it still Linux, or a migration to Android TV? We just have to wait until end of 2021 to see how the App Hub runs.
Just found out the remote got mic 🎤 button,, Hopefully is android tv
Feliex
post Jun 21 2021, 03:14 PM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(GamersFamilia @ Jun 21 2021, 03:12 PM)
suddently i cant view most of the channels , only channel 1 & 2 then animal planet
Astro just announced it on Twitter
user posted image

This post has been edited by Feliex: Jun 21 2021, 03:15 PM
Feliex
post Jun 21 2021, 07:40 PM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Jun 21 2021, 07:22 PM)
Some intern push the wrong button today issit?
AHahahaha rclxms.gif rclxms.gif thumbup.gif
But after resume the channel abit blurrish, I notice at AEC- Evening Edition

This post has been edited by Feliex: Jun 21 2021, 08:12 PM
Feliex
post Jun 21 2021, 09:01 PM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(yongtjunkit @ Jun 21 2021, 08:31 PM)
Now ch 780, ch400, ch5xx can’t watch prob got more

Astro fb post say to reboot the decoder but still doesn’t fix the issue

Same here 780 can’t watch,, seem later midnight no need watch EURO dy

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Feliex
post Jun 21 2021, 09:07 PM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(yongtjunkit @ Jun 21 2021, 09:03 PM)
502 onwards cannot(didn't go through every single news channel)
hmm what about ch 781?
After restart the ultrabox,, 781 can work dy but 780 still cannot
Feliex
post Jun 22 2021, 11:02 AM

On my way
543 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jun 22 2021, 02:53 AM)
21 June 2021
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Let's not talk about bitrate today. Let's talk about what happened on 21 June 2021.

All 12 transponders from Measat 3 went "disappeared"?
I blind scan all frequencies on my satellite receiver earlier, and I was pretty shocked to see that all transponders from 10982MHz until 11682MHz have "appeared missing". Missing, as in, No signal at all.
user posted image
Credit: izwanikhsan

11.7-11.9GHz is now used for SD & HD channels
So what I found out is, all SD and HD channels that were used to be on Measat 3 Ku band, has been migrated to the high Ku band range (11.7-11.9GHz), except a few handful of channels.
To most people, it shouldn't be an issue. But some users may face technical problems on its reception. These are some examples of scenario:

- For customers in apartment/condo/buildings that connects to the building's centralise antenna, and it is known that it doesn't support Ultra Box / haven't upgrade to DCSS, you won't be able to receive channels from 11.7-12.75GHz.
- PVR box users that uses Single Universal LNB, yet you use a two-way splitter to split into 2 cables to connect to the INPUT 1 and INPUT 2 ports respectively, be aware that you will experience signal conflicts when recording/watch SD and HD channels from now on.
- Ultra Box users that connects to Single Universal LNB on the satellite dish (didn't change to DCSS LNB due to some reasons), you won't be able to receive channels from 11.7-12.75GHz.

If you are affected by some of the example scenarios above, and wish to know more technical details, do reply this post on what you want to know and the solutions (cuz the explanation would be too technical and boring).

Not all channels have been recovered so far...
Astro couldn't easily accommodate all SD and HD channels into 11.7-11.9GHz range, so they have to de-prioritise some channels for the time being.
So in the meantime, channels like CH 780, 321, 400, 515, 516, 517, 610, 619 appear as SCNA (no satellite signal). Of course there are many more, especially NJOI Free SD viewers.

So, Measat 3 satellite suddenly "out of service"?
Later on, it has come to my knowledge that what appears to happen is, the Measat 3 satellite itself were suddenly "out of service" earlier afternoon?  shocking.gif
- India satellite pay-TV provider, Sun Direct, also experienced many TV channels having No Signal this afternoon. Sun Direct also uses Measat 3 satellite for some of its channels.
- All Measat 3's C band TV channels gone off air (no signal), and most of the channel providers that distributes TV channels on Measat 3 satellite, have been migrated to other satellite (e.g. Asiasat 5 or Measat 3a) so that viewers around SEA region will still be able to watch the TV channels, such as One, History, Crime+Investigation. Not sure if this is temporary or permanent.

RIP Measat 3 satellite?  sad.gif
So it seems to me that, if Measat fails to resume Measat 3 satellite operations as usual, therefore....
12 December 2006 - 21 June 2021? cry.gif

Measat 3 satellite is about 14.5 years old this year, and the expected operational lifespan of the satellite is also 15 years.
But Measat haven't announce anything yet, so I'm not sure is it even related or not... So just take it just for reference purposes ya...

Back in early 2020, Thailand's satellite company, Thaicom announced that one of their satellite, Thaicom 5 faced some abnormalities, which causes no satellite signal to viewers as a result.
The satellite were eventually retired and discontinued operations. As a result, one of Thailand's pay TV provider, True Visions, is affected too, and carried out unplanned satellite frequency changes which could impact some viewers:
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...&#entry95503646
Thanks for sharing this kind of knowledge... I just curious why must using satellite to broadcast channel instead of Broadband streaming like HongKong-NOW E, Singapore-Starhub, Taiwan-hamivideo . It is because satellite costing is cheaper?

8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0329sec    0.07    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th August 2022 - 07:02 AM