3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Astro Version 13A, All about Astro Malaysia offerings

views

Ash577
post Sep 14 2021, 05:00 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(feed2doorsmhbm @ Sep 14 2021, 04:52 PM)
There's only one way to find out: September 15, 2021 @ 6:00am.
but Astro haven't announce this replacement.
Ash577
post Oct 1 2021, 08:58 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

Astro cease Astro Arena Radio (CH 882) from 1st October 2021.
Ash577
post Oct 9 2021, 09:11 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(feed2doorsmhbm @ Oct 9 2021, 07:57 PM)
NEWS FLASH: CTi Asia on Astro will be ceased transmission on October 31, 2021 (Halal-ween)
user posted image
I think this news is fake because NJOI no cancel this channel on My NJOI app, CTi Asia still can purchase with via Ch 200 or My NJOI app.
Ash577
post Oct 14 2021, 06:16 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(sky3742 @ Oct 13 2021, 11:28 PM)
user posted image
user posted image
Bernama TV refreshed the news marquee and add stock update after launching BERNAMA HD on MYTV, sadly Bernama TV on astro still in SD.
(screenshot from Youtube stream)
Hope this channel can upgrade to HD on Astro and NJOI.
Ash577
post Oct 15 2021, 03:59 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(izwanikhsan @ Oct 15 2021, 03:40 PM)
When will Discovery+ and BBC First & Brit available to Astro customers?
BBC First and BBC Brit available on On Demand (VOD) started today.
Ash577
post Oct 18 2021, 09:41 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

user posted image
Hi Netflix, coming soon.
Ash577
post Oct 18 2021, 01:00 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(Feliex @ Oct 18 2021, 10:11 AM)
Maybe 31/Dec only release  rclxm9.gif
Maybe 1/11
Ash577
post Oct 19 2021, 06:44 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

user posted image
Coming soon.
Ash577
post Nov 7 2021, 11:23 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

user posted image
New packs. Maybe starts 12 November.
Ash577
post Nov 29 2021, 05:27 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(Low Li Hao @ Nov 29 2021, 04:27 PM)
Not just Mandarin awards use the AEC logo. The next Hong Kong Film Awards on channel 338 will use the Wah Lai Toi logo with all Wah Lai Toi branding, such as idents.
When Hong Kong Film Awards?
Ash577
post Dec 14 2021, 08:49 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(weareblahs @ Dec 14 2021, 07:46 PM)
Source? Need to confirm if this is real or not. Facebook and their website returns no info about Animax's broadcast ceasing.
Astro had made an annnouncement about cessation of Animax (but you need messenger Astro)
Ash577
post Dec 14 2021, 09:06 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

Astro ceased 17 HD channels and 34 SD channels in 2021.
Ash577
post Dec 19 2021, 08:23 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(sky3742 @ Dec 19 2021, 07:39 PM)
user posted image
hmm.. so is it possible Astro to bring Berita RTM to its platform(and astro go?).
Just now I want to watch What say you to see post-analyst for sarawak election and supposed to simulacast between berita RTM and TV2, but TV2 replaced with cub prix at sepang and only live on berita RTM.
I watch it on FB LIVE anyway.
maybe this channel not will be bring to platform, but I hope they launch new Malay (rebrand of Astro Awani), Indian, Mandarin, and English 24/7 news channels
Ash577
post Jan 2 2022, 07:50 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jan 1 2022, 05:48 PM)
Plot twist: Who knows maybe it was all planned internally to see the public reaction (or to observe the reaction from certain parties)? 🤭😂
I mean seriously though, that edward22 guy posted that exactly on 12am today as it like it's already planned.  hmm.gif 

Anyway, since it's already "leaked" here, as usual, I'll study it... From what I can understand from that 2 slides, it seems to me that Astro's ongoing/future plans is:
user posted image

user posted image
"moving towards unicast" = As expected, Astro want to ditch away Astro IPTV platform in favour of its Plug & Play (as it stated "moving towards unicast"). Astro IPTV that uses VLAN 823 is considered Multicast.
"All your content (by personal profile)" = Astro may implement multiple viewing profiles (similar like Netflix?) on its On Demand and Astro Go platform? Hmm okay...

user posted image
I see ZEE5, HBO Max, Syok, Spotify, YouTube, and the other 3 apps I don't know what's that. Oh, even Spotify and YouTube is part of their plans... 👍👍
And, where is BBC Player? My personal suggestions: Disney+ (not the Hotstar one), Viu, Amazon Prime, Apple TV, Apple Music, TIDAL, YouTube Music,... Woah, lots of possibilities there...  rclxms.gif

user posted image
Err, seems like Astro plans to sell some home devices in the future, like TVs, soundbar...?
I guess is like, get a brand new TV from Astro through monthly instalment or something? They want to be the next Maxis Zerolution? Okay.... Contract 24 months again... 🙃

user posted image
Astro Fibre? So... Astro & Broadband to be rebranded as "Astro Fibre"? Something got to do with the business collab between Astro and TM last year?
Also, what an ambitious plans to even potentially offer "smart hub" devices, I assume like Google Home Mini or Amazon Alexa all those? Bundle all of them into one bill? Okay....
And "Naked Broadband" too? A standalone Astro Fibre internet service, but without satellite TV service all those. Just the Internet service, similar like Maxis Fibre, Celcom Fibre, Digi Fibre?

user posted image
"Activate connectivity with Zapper Plus" = It seems to me that in the future, NJOI users that uses Ulti Box may be able to access to On Demand library? If yes, confirm the shows there will be limited and ad-supported  sweat.gif 
"1 concurrent stream" = HAHAHAHA, so they indeed plan to make Sooka to only be able to stream on 1 device at a time... So no need to think about sharing VIP accounts with many people  biggrin.gif
"Not Astro" = Separating into 2 services with two different levels, one is premium, another is more "lower cost" one (like NJOI/Sooka).... Okok, I think I got it now...  :thumbsup:

user posted image

PayTV
Cassandra pricing & packaging model = Huh? Cassandra? The heck is that? Is it something got to do with Astro's new packs? :confused:
MR delivery via SmartTV = I assume MR means Multiroom? Oh, they plan to offer Astro service/app to smart TVs? Something like the Astro TV Beta back in 2020 https://www.lowyat.net/2020/215871/astro-tv...eta-android-tv/
I thought Astro have gave up that idea, since it went silent long ago? 😪 So means, no Astro box, just install Astro TV app on smart TVs and watch Astro from there? Good good good, I support this idea 👍👍
'Amp up' Loyalty program = Dear Astro, please offer Astro bill rebates to your "hardcore loyal Astro fans" like me, please (similar like the discontinued Astro Circle). I would love to use it to save my Astro bills. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

NJOI
Expand HD tier take-up by implementing HD Buythru approach = How to encourage more NJOI users to subscribe to the NJOI HD pack? Confirm is axe the 8 free SD channels soon (no date yet?). Good luck, old NJOI customers.  bye.gif
Maybe you can start to think about which e-waste bin to dispose your NJOI box soon. As for the satellite dish, can go jual besi buruk  biggrin.gif

Sooka
Expand platform availability - SmartTV, Puk = Sooka app to be made available to smart TVs? Good good good, now viewers have the choice to enjoy all Astro sports channels on TV through legal means, without subscribing to Astro.
And what the heck is "Puk"? Anyone have any idea what this means? Some sort of "codenames" being used internally again, like the Cassandra?
Geographic expansion = Is this something like Tribe? Errr okay...

Broadband
ISP launch end Feb, bundling with Astro = Err? What's the difference with Astro & Broadband now? Or maybe, the upcoming "Astro Fibre" wouldn't rely on maxis anymore?
ISP Standalone ready from May (also sooka/NJOI) = Naked broadband service, from Astro. So I assume, Astro will have their own VLAN IDs then? No longer rely on Maxis's VLAN IDs?

Conclusion?
It is an ambitious plan indeed. But whether they can achieve all of them or not, no one knows.
You see, previously they say Disney+ Hotstar app will be made available to Ultra Box. But now it's already January 2022, and the app is still nowhere to be seen on Ultra Box.
Nobody knows why the app isn't in Ultra Box (from customer's point of view, it makes it look like Astro broke its promise?), but I assume this has something got to do internally between Astro and Disney?
Well yeah, for those who used before and compare the real Disney+ version versus the Disney+ Hotstar, yes, Disney+ Hotstar is like Hots**t to me.  dry.gif Maybe that explains the delay?

Anyway back to the topic. So I think we can safely assume that these 2 slides is merely a "manifesto"? Just because they have the thoughts/plan to do it, doesn't mean all of them would come into fruition someday.
Aiyaaa, it's just like Pakatan Harapan's GE14 manifesto, said would abolish tolls and whatnot, but today the tolls still here...?? whistling.gif
Of course, things aren't as simple as it looks. It has lots of "stories" behind it, but yeah, only the Astro staffs would know behind the story in detail...
My personal advise? Just take this as a reference, but don't put too high hopes that they must achieve all of them. Similar like making Disney+ Hotstar app on Ultra Box. They say "will be made available to Ultra Box", yet it doesn't mean they are obligated to fulfil that. 🤷‍♂️

Lastly, I wanna give a big big big thank you to edward22 for sharing this slides with us 🙏🙏🙏🙏 And pls check your inbox... I got lots of questions to ask... 😅
looking fowards to the new plans, hope can announce officially.
Ash577
post Jan 5 2022, 08:24 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(izwanikhsan @ Jan 5 2022, 08:02 PM)
user posted image another popup channel?
yes, ÜHUU Action! (CH 338) free for all Astro customers (I don't know NJOI also free or not) from 15 Jan - 15 Feb 2022.
Ash577
post Jan 5 2022, 09:10 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

I just ask Astro, NJOI customers maybe can free watch ÜHUU Action! This message send by Astro

For ÜHUU Action! (CH 338 HD). All Astro and NJOI customers will be able to access to this pop-up channel for 24hours ONLY
(27 November, 0001hrs to 2400hrs) with no additional cost. This channel is available to all customers on HD enabled boxes.
^Syed
Ash577
post Jan 6 2022, 07:07 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(JuneResources @ Jan 6 2022, 12:39 AM)
What is that channels? Movies channels or cartoon channels?
The channels name really no innovation or creativity at all.. Like kindergarden simply called uHuu..  Oh Yeahh..... Oh man....  shakehead.gif

Why don't called HEY channel?? laugh.gif
chinese action movies channel
Ash577
post Jan 7 2022, 07:02 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(lowyat101 @ Jan 7 2022, 04:57 PM)
Currently I'm on an old package - Wah Pack RM80 + Sports Pack RM33

I'm planning to change this to the new Primary + Sports, which is only RM89.99 with 2 years contract.

From the list of channels, seems that most of them are included in the new package, except I don't see the channel 309 in the new Primary pack. Would like to check with the users with the new Primary basic pack is including 309?

Also my current package has access to AOD, I think the new Primary is without AOD right?

Thanks
Primary + Sports pack not available these two channels, you need swith to Entertainment Pack and add Chinese Favourites Pack to watch these channels.
Ash577
post Jan 8 2022, 08:32 PM

Getting Started
107 posts

Baby TV maybe will cease at 1st Feb 2022, and replaced by Moonbug Kids (CH 618 HD) (I don't know this news is real or fake.)
Ash577
post Jan 9 2022, 05:22 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jan 8 2022, 11:55 PM)
And this is Astro's reply:
user posted image
Looks that the Astro agent that chat with you has misled you.
If you want that Astro agent to get his/her ass kicked due to misinformation, screenshot that WhatsApp message (that indicates Celestial Movies channel is part of Primary Pack) and send it to wecare@astro.com.my together with your Astro account number.

And this is Astro's reply:
user posted image
Well, bye bye Baby TV.  whistling.gif
This channel maybe will move to CH 620 or 621 at 17 Jan 2022.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0321sec    0.03    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th August 2022 - 07:03 AM