views

joshhd
post Yesterday, 01:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,751 posts

QUOTE(sahman @ Jun 18 2021, 11:49 AM)
user posted image
QUOTE(Feliex @ Jun 18 2021, 01:50 PM)
why nice? will ASTRO replace any channel?

Replace, no.
Rebate, no.

Anything you can do, no.
Qash-M
post Yesterday, 02:19 PM

#FreePalestine
5,450 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jun 18 2021, 01:53 PM)
Replace, no.
Rebate, no.

Anything you can do, no.
11482V just got roomier soon. laugh.gif
TSnexona88
post Yesterday, 03:11 PM

VVIP Club House Member
All Stars
30,690 posts

user posted image
as usual...
no replacement or reduce in fee bruce.gif
doubleM2
post Yesterday, 04:07 PM

Getting Started
154 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jun 18 2021, 01:23 PM)
Lag? I used both my phone and my laptop to watch it with the interactive mode, and it's quite ok ah...

What device are you using though?

You mean, you subscribed to the RM15.90 VIP+Sports to stream UEFA Euro 2020 there instead?
You didn't subscribe to Sports pack on your Astro, is it?
Old devices, iPhone 6s (2015) & Acer Aspire V5 (2012). As for Sports Pack, I use my friend’s account though. I guess it’s the bad internet connection, I’m using data hotspot.
doubleM2
post Yesterday, 04:13 PM

Getting Started
154 posts

user posted image
To be fair, these channels are the replacements of Phoenix channels that were defunct on July 1, 2020, and then revived days later on July 9. It’s pretty a lot of Chinese news channels already this is not News Pack.

You can still watch the TVB News Channel program simulcast on TVB Jade Ch 310, but sure 10-min delay for censorship, Astro ads fill-in and stuff.

This post has been edited by doubleM2: Yesterday, 04:15 PM
Low Li Hao
post Yesterday, 04:49 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

QUOTE(doubleM2 @ Jun 18 2021, 04:13 PM)
To be fair, these channels are the replacements of Phoenix channels that were defunct on July 1, 2020, and then revived days later on July 9. It’s pretty a lot of Chinese news channels already this is not News Pack.

You can still watch the TVB News Channel program simulcast on TVB Jade Ch 310, but sure 10-min delay for censorship, Astro ads fill-in and stuff.
Possible it will be replace by TVB Finance & Information Channel.
joshhd
post Yesterday, 05:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,751 posts

QUOTE(doubleM2 @ Jun 18 2021, 04:07 PM)
Old devices, iPhone 6s (2015) & Acer Aspire V5 (2012). As for Sports Pack, I use my friend’s account though. I guess it’s the bad internet connection, I’m using data hotspot.

Using mobile data? Hotspot? Ah, that's probably the lag comes from.

Doesn't matter if it's Astro Go, or streaming content on Ulti/Ultra Box, as long the Internet connection is not fast and inconsistent, it can cause the entire software to go haywire and lag.

Sorry to say la, Astro's software is not made resilient to slower connections.
Their software is meant to be used by fast and stable internet connection only (e.g. Fibre broadband). That is why also Astro don't recommend Ulti/Ultra Box users to connect to the Internet using mobile data / hotspot, as the network performance is inconsistent/best effort basis.

I tried it before, and I know it myself. Their software will go from pretty okay to pretty sucks like hell if your device is connected to any slow and inconsistent Internet.

Even if you try to press buttons here and there (where is not related to video streaming or loading anything) it can also make the entire software become super lag, until you connect to a fast and stable Internet connection.
TSnexona88
post Yesterday, 06:26 PM

VVIP Club House Member
All Stars
30,690 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Jun 18 2021, 02:19 PM)
11482V just got roomier soon. laugh.gif
???

transponder? hmm.gif hmm.gif
deric88
post Yesterday, 07:22 PM

Spam Ranking
1,417 posts

Has anyone tried the "Astro IPTV Plug and Play" mode? You can switch to this mode by doing a factory reset.

It seems to work even on Unifi. It just streams all the channels via your internet line. Working with channel 780 and 781 as well. Satellite ch781 doesn't work for me normally since my high rise LNB not dCSS.

Edit: not all channels available, for example the fox movies channels

This post has been edited by deric88: Yesterday, 07:32 PM
yongtjunkit
post Yesterday, 09:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,192 posts

QUOTE(deric88 @ Jun 18 2021, 07:22 PM)
Has anyone tried the "Astro IPTV Plug and Play" mode? You can switch to this mode by doing a factory reset.

It seems to work even on Unifi. It just streams all the channels via your internet line. Working with channel 780 and 781 as well. Satellite ch781 doesn't work for me normally since my high rise LNB not dCSS.
Quality doesn’t seem to be as good as satellite

Got blur when tune in to the channel for like 1 sec
joshhd
post Yesterday, 10:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,751 posts

QUOTE(yongtjunkit @ Jun 18 2021, 09:45 PM)
Quality doesn’t seem to be as good as satellite

Got blur when tune in to the channel for like 1 sec

As I previously mentioned:
QUOTE(joshhd @ Jun 16 2021, 10:22 PM)
As usual, the video quality during the first 5 seconds will look horrible like 240p quality. After 5 seconds, it shall auto switches to the exact Full HD 50i broadcast quality (not 25p) just like what you would see on satellite. That is provided if your Internet connection is fast and stable enough. Or else, it may stuck at the Astro Go quality (25p).

If your Ulti/Ultra Box is connected to a slow and inconsistent Internet connection (e.g. connect via mobile WiFi hotspot), and it is loading the content via Internet, it can easily cause the entire Ulti/Ultra Box software to become super laggy, sluggish, unresponsive, and many other issues will come at once. But if it is connected to a fast and stable Internet connection, then overall it should be okay.

It is the similar situation like "Live Pause" or when watching TV channel on Plug N Play mode.

How did you discover that feature? I don't remember that Astro ever announce about this blink.gif

This post has been edited by joshhd: Yesterday, 10:59 PM
joshhd
post Yesterday, 10:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,751 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Translation:
Yes! I know it's raining heavily.
9pm kick-off. When will you ever come back!

When will you ever come back! = refers to "how long more I need to wait to watch my football match."

One of Astro's artiste, and also the DJ from the Astro's Mandarin/Cantonese radio station "MY", posted on his social media page to somewhat expresses disappointment that he's unable to watch his live football match which suppose to kick off at 9pm, assuming that it occurs due to bad weather as the SCNA message appears on his TV.

In other words, this is kinda like, own Astro employee "talk bad" about Astro company publicly on social media page 😂 although rain fade is already a known issue to every Astro customers.
Anyway, maybe that DJ should consider upgrade to Ultra Box so that he can select 'Switch Now' whenever there is bad weather, hence it'll load the TV channel through Internet connection instead of satellite biggrin.gif
user posted image
More info: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=101317165

This post has been edited by joshhd: Yesterday, 11:15 PM
deric88
post Yesterday, 11:50 PM

Spam Ranking
1,417 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jun 18 2021, 10:58 PM)
As I previously mentioned:
It is the similar situation like "Live Pause" or when watching TV channel on Plug N Play mode.
How did you discover that feature? I don't remember that Astro ever announce about this blink.gif
I was trying to experiment, to see if I can tap into Astro's IPTV Vlan 823, even though I am not Maxis subscriber. Maxis uses VLAN 823 for IPTV for users who use Maxis Fibre using TM infrastructure.
I remember factory reset the box can bring up that option.

I couldn't access maxis' iptv vlan bangwall.gif

Then I notice the plug and play option. It will just work if you have regular internet.

But I'm surprised that they have the UHD and HDR channels already on the internet.
jacktiew
post Today, 12:14 AM

Getting Started
176 posts

So you have guide on how to setup?
joshhd
post Today, 12:38 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,751 posts

QUOTE(deric88 @ Jun 18 2021, 11:50 PM)
I was trying to experiment, to see if I can tap into Astro's IPTV Vlan 823, even though I am not Maxis subscriber. Maxis uses VLAN 823 for IPTV for users who use Maxis Fibre using TM infrastructure.
I remember factory reset the box can bring up that option.

I couldn't access maxis' iptv vlan  bangwall.gif

Then I notice the plug and play option. It will just work if you have regular internet.

But I'm surprised that they have the UHD and HDR channels already on the internet.

The VLAN of 823 (Linear TV) must to be enabled from TM's side, which they have to internally change that setting for your BTU (fibre modem), then only you can use it.
So if they didn't enable VLAN 823 for you, you don't even need to bother trying, cuz it definitely won't work. That Plug & Play mode will work on any Malaysia ISP, as long Internet is fast and stable (>10Mbps).

Starting from Ulti/Ultra Box version May 18 2021 21.1.4.24, you will be able to switch between STB Operating Modes only when you Restore Factory Settings (home>Settings>Reset>Restore Factory Settings>Default PIN 0000):

user posted image

OptionAlso technically known as:
IPTV Plug & Play (self-install) Unicast
SatelliteDTH (Direct-to-Home)
IPTV (for installer only) Multicast

In case you got lost or don't know how to change back to the original settings later on:
If you are using normal Astro (that connects to Astro satellite dish) or Astro & Broadband user, select "Satellite".
If you are an Astro IPTV user, select "IPTV (for installer only)"

Attention: Once you change to IPTV Plug & Play (self-install) mode, these list of channels below will "disappear" from your channel list, hence making you unable to access to the channel at all:

- Star Chinese Channel (315)
- Fox Movies (413)
- Fox Family Movies (414)
- Fox Action Movies (415)
- All Astro First & Astro Best channels (471-489)
- Sky News (514)
- ABC Australia (518)
- Nat Geo Wild (550)
- National Geographic (551)
- Baby TV (618)
- Fox Life (703)
- Fox (704)
- Nat Geo People (710)
- All digital radio channels (852-882)

To gain back access to these TV channels, you have to Restore Factory Settings again, and then select "Satellite" or "IPTV (for installer only)".
If you change some settings previously (e.g. default subtitle language, 5.1 audio,...), these are the main settings that will reset to default once you Restore Factory Settings, so do remember to change back to your previously preferred settings:

Languages
Audio: English
Subtitles: Bahasa Malaysia

Audio/Video
HDMI Audio: Stereo (PCM)
S/PDIF Audio: Stereo (PCM)
Audio Delay: 20ms

It seems to me that Astro have not publicly announce this mode yet, probably because the Plug & Play (Unicast) is still under testing, so do expect some issues or missing features/options here and there.
In the meantime, this will be the only workaround for Ultra Box users that wish to watch Euro 2020 in 4K UHD (CH 781/782) but the box is connected to a Universal LNB on the satellite dish, or building's centralise Astro dish that haven't upgrade to support Ultra Box (DCSS system).
Recommended >30Mbps speed required to smoothly stream 4K UHD channels/content.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Today, 12:58 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0246sec    0.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th June 2021 - 01:45 AM