> Astro Version 13A, All about Astro Malaysia offerings

views

stasio
post Jul 4 2020, 11:15 PM

10k Club
All Stars
17,108 posts

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Jul 4 2020, 04:40 PM)
Hi. May i know is Astro 4K UHD box working without Internet if record to cloud is not required.

Is the new interface working without the Internet?

Anyone own it can try? Appreciate much. 😊
QUOTE(joshhd @ Jul 4 2020, 09:00 PM)
I've answered this on my previous post here:
My advice? The answer is no.
If you're using PVR box, then just continue use it. For the time being, don't upgrade it first until Ultra Box allows user to connect to external hard disk for local recording.
No PVR involved.....he just asking simple question.....Ultrabox can work without internet or not... tongue.gif

This post has been edited by stasio: Jul 4 2020, 11:19 PM
joshhd
post Jul 4 2020, 11:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,435 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Jul 4 2020, 11:09 PM)
That is what I was asking but no one answer. There is option to connect to external drive using USB port. Once set, it will reboot. WHen I tried to record it said HDD cannot be detected. Please call xxxxxxxx or reboot your UBox. As usual, I do not call  laugh.gif

Astro themselves disabled it on their system, and it seems that it must be authorised from their side, then only it will work.
I think it's because they're not ready to push this feature to the public, even though technically it can supports external HDD recording.
joshhd
post Jul 4 2020, 11:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,435 posts

So basically, these info below has pretty much all the info you need to know...
Previously...Replaced with...ContentLanguageAvailable on which package?Can watch on Astro Go?Can watch on VOD?Can subscribe on Njoi Prepaid?Can watch on legacy Astro box?
Phoenix Chinese Channel (CH318 HD, CH358 SD)TVB News (CH318 HD)Hong Kong’s only 24-hour news channelCantoneseNew Emperor and Dynasty PackYesNoYesNo, must upgrade to HD enabled box to watch this channel
Phoenix InfoNews Channel (CH323 SD)TVBS News (CH323 HD)Taiwan’s first 24-hour news channelMandarinChuen Min, Emperor Pack and Gold PackYesNoYesNo, must upgrade to HD enabled box to watch this channel

Why did Astro removed the two Phoenix News channels?
We are disappointed that we are unable to continue carrying Phoenix channels on our platform after working together for more than 20 years.
Phoenix have requested significantly higher fees and added new terms and conditions in these difficult times which we as a business are not agreeable to.
We hope viewers will understand that a renewal requires mutual agreement thus this is not a unilateral decision by Astro.
We are pleased to introduce TVB News and TVBS News, both HD channels to our viewers on 6 July, 6.00am.

joshhd
post Jul 4 2020, 11:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,435 posts

QUOTE(stasio @ Jul 4 2020, 11:15 PM)
No PVR involved.....he just asking simple question.....Ultrabox can work without internet or not... tongue.gif

Sorry lo... I rephrase sweat.gif

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Jul 4 2020, 04:40 PM)
Hi. May i know is Astro 4K UHD box working without Internet if record to cloud is not required.

Is the new interface working without the Internet?

Anyone own it can try? Appreciate much. 😊
QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Jul 4 2020, 06:31 PM)
Hi. Anyone know about this? The Astro shop told me no Internet only no record to cloud but I feel the menu seems need Internet.

I plan upgrade my family home one but no dedicate home Internet line as nobody use.

If menu need Internet then it is kind of troublesome as need connect to phone tethering.

Appreciate if you have 4K UHD Astro box can test it whether the menu need Internet access or not. Thanks.
If the Ultra Box is not connected to the Internet, this is what you'll see:
user posted image
So if Ultra Box is not connected to Internet, it can still work, but you can only press channel numbers to watch TV channels, as well as UHD channels. Pretty much that's it.
That is because your Ultra Box will only rely on satellite to receive TV channels just like the usual.

In other words, the Ultra Box will become like the normal Astro HD box. Press channel numbers only, plus you can watch UHD channels. Nothing fancy. Just like old school stuff.

Btw, the "My Library" menu will tell you to connect your Ultra Box to the Internet to access to your cloud recorded programmes. That's all.

Hope my explanation clears your confusion sweat.gif

This post has been edited by joshhd: Jul 4 2020, 11:34 PM
Andrewtst
post Yesterday, 02:21 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
24,950 posts

Delete

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: Yesterday, 02:27 AM
Andrewtst
post Yesterday, 02:25 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
24,950 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jul 4 2020, 11:29 PM)
Sorry lo... I rephrase  sweat.gif
If the Ultra Box is not connected to the Internet, this is what you'll see:
user posted image
So if Ultra Box is not connected to Internet, it can still work, but you can only press channel numbers to watch TV channels, as well as UHD channels. Pretty much that's it.
That is because your Ultra Box will only rely on satellite to receive TV channels just like the usual.

In other words, the Ultra Box will become like the normal Astro HD box. Press channel numbers only, plus you can watch UHD channels. Nothing fancy. Just like old school stuff.

Btw, the "My Library" menu will tell you to connect your Ultra Box to the Internet to access to your cloud recorded programmes. That's all.

Hope my explanation clears your confusion  sweat.gif
Oh thanks for the answer, appreciate much. In this case I not going to update already as my main reason update is for the new interface and I not plan apply the internet specially for it. smile.gif)

Thanks. smile.gif
joshhd
post Yesterday, 02:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,435 posts

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Jul 5 2020, 02:25 AM)
Oh thanks for the answer, appreciate much. In this case I not going to update already as my main reason update is for the new interface and I not plan apply the internet specially for it. smile.gif)

Thanks. smile.gif

You're welcome.
Low Li Hao
post Yesterday, 11:47 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jul 4 2020, 11:24 PM)

So basically, these info below has pretty much all the info you need to know...
Previously...Replaced with...ContentLanguageAvailable on which package?Can watch on Astro Go?Can watch on VOD?Can subscribe on Njoi Prepaid?Can watch on legacy Astro box?
Phoenix Chinese Channel (CH318 HD, CH358 SD)TVB News (CH318 HD)Hong Kong’s only 24-hour news channelCantonese New Emperor Pack and Dynasty PackYesNoYesNo, must upgrade to HD enabled box to watch this channel
Phoenix InfoNews Channel (CH323 SD)TVBS News (CH323 HD)Taiwan’s first 24-hour news channelMandarinChuen Min, Emperor Pack and Gold PackYesNoYesNo, must upgrade to HD enabled box to watch this channel
Correction is:

Phoenix Chinese Channel (CH318 HD, CH358 SD)TVB News (CH318 HD)Hong Kong’s only 24-hour news channelCantonese Dynasty and New Emperor PackYesNoNoNo, must upgrade to HD enabled box to watch this channel
Phoenix InfoNews Channel (CH323 SD)TVBS News (CH323 HD)Taiwan’s first 24-hour news channelMandarinChuen Min, Emperor Pack and Gold PackYesNoNoNo, must upgrade to HD enabled box to watch this channel

Qash-M
post Yesterday, 08:59 PM

#FreePalestine
5,085 posts

QUOTE(Low Li Hao @ Jul 5 2020, 11:47 AM)
Correction is:

Phoenix Chinese Channel (CH318 HD, CH358 SD)TVB News (CH318 HD)Hong Kong’s only 24-hour news channelCantonese Dynasty and New Emperor PackYesNoNoNo, must upgrade to HD enabled box to watch this channel
Phoenix InfoNews Channel (CH323 SD)TVBS News (CH323 HD)Taiwan’s first 24-hour news channelMandarinChuen Min, Emperor Pack and Gold PackYesNoNoNo, must upgrade to HD enabled box to watch this channel

Another correction: ch.318 isn't available on astro Go.

user posted image
hazim96
post Yesterday, 09:01 PM

Getting Started
159 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Jul 5 2020, 08:59 PM)

user posted image
I checked just now, the channel is available on astro go. Dont filter the channel to HD. Just select all channel

This post has been edited by hazim96: Yesterday, 09:02 PM
joshhd
post Yesterday, 09:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,435 posts

user posted image
QUOTE(hazim96 @ Jul 5 2020, 09:01 PM)
I checked just now, the channel is available on astro go. Dont filter the channel to HD. Just select all channel

Looks that the relevant person in charge in the Astro Go team missed out that channel when sorting it, which I'm not surprise it happens. sweat.gif
user posted image
pokemon
post Yesterday, 11:52 PM

Enthusiast
785 posts

I think TVBS news can be watched live at youtube for free. Astro is charging this free channel. Berbaloi.
Qash-M
post Today, 12:12 AM

#FreePalestine
5,085 posts

QUOTE(pokemon @ Jul 5 2020, 11:52 PM)
I think TVBS news can be watched live at youtube for free.  Astro is charging this free channel.  Berbaloi.
Great, now can do comparison. laugh.gif
joshhd
post Today, 12:13 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,435 posts

QUOTE(pokemon @ Jul 5 2020, 11:52 PM)
I think TVBS news can be watched live at youtube for free.  Astro is charging this free channel.  Berbaloi.

TVBS News is available on either Chuen Min (Chinese Family pack), Emperor Pack and Gold Pack. Not to say "completely free" also.

If "Astro is charging this free channel" sounds very hurtful to our hearts, try interpret it like this:

Parts of the money that customers pay to Astro to watch this channel, is channelled into their:
- acquire rights fees (Astro pays TVBS News to broadcast this channel to TV, IPTV and OTT platform)
- satellite transponder leasing fees
- salary for the "censorshipman" that delays the original feed for 3 minutes to do some censorship works slotting in ads that benefits Astro, such as Astro Best ads, paid ads by advertisers, etc.
- a better reason for Astro to calm those Phoenix Channels loyal viewers
- contribute to overall company profit (a little bit, maybe?)
- Hope to get some extra pocket money from Njoi Prepaid

With those costs and resources involved, Astro wouldn't want to make it "free" that easily. Astro is not a charity company. They are a sales oriented company.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Today, 12:15 AM
izwanikhsan
post Today, 07:47 AM

Enthusiast
860 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jul 6 2020, 01:13 AM)
TVBS News is available on either Chuen Min (Chinese Family pack), Emperor Pack and Gold Pack. Not to say "completely free" also.

If "Astro is charging this free channel" sounds very hurtful to our hearts, try interpret it like this:

Parts of the money that customers pay to Astro to watch this channel, is channelled into their:
- acquire rights fees (Astro pays TVBS News to broadcast this channel to TV, IPTV and OTT platform)
- satellite transponder leasing fees
- salary for the "censorshipman" that delays the original feed for 3 minutes to do some censorship works slotting in ads that benefits Astro, such as Astro Best ads, paid ads by advertisers, etc.
- a better reason for Astro to calm those Phoenix Channels loyal viewers
- contribute to overall company profit (a little bit, maybe?)
- Hope to get some extra pocket money from Njoi Prepaid

With those costs and resources involved, Astro wouldn't want to make it "free" that easily. Astro is not a charity company. They are a sales oriented company.
Same like channel news asia and aljazeera. Can be watched online for free too.
CSNG8586 P
post Today, 08:30 AM

Probation
16 posts

Any picture for these 2 new channel? Thanks...
dattebayo
post Today, 08:57 AM

simpan kulit yg berkulup
4,860 posts

user posted image
Unable to receive these two new channels
Showing SCNA error

Using Byond box first gen
joshhd
post Today, 10:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,435 posts

QUOTE(dattebayo @ Jul 6 2020, 08:57 AM)
Unable to receive these two new channels
Showing SCNA error

Using Byond box first gen

Put your Astro box to standby mode for a while, then try again.
If still persists, try restart your Astro box and try again.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0340sec    0.51    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 6th July 2020 - 12:56 PM