Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Astro Version 13A, All about Astro Malaysia offerings

views

joshhd
post Nov 13 2022, 02:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

QUOTE(vickno @ Nov 13 2022, 02:14 PM)
Hi guys, are your TVs activating HLG (HDR) on UHD channels? Normally my projector will auto enable HLG, somehow is not now. I have even isolated different cable and isolated my Av receiver. I also tried HLG via YouTube and HLG is kicking in on my projector. So something seems wrong with my Ultra box (satellite). Any recommendations? Reset box or should I call Astro?

Your HDMI cable is connected directly from Ultra Box to your projector, without going through any HDMI switcher or splitter whatsoever, right?
You tried reboot your Ultra Box still same?
joshhd
post Nov 13 2022, 06:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

QUOTE(vickno @ Nov 13 2022, 02:58 PM)
Yep, directly connected, also did a power boot many times, still HLG doesn't pass to my projector. So I assume HLG is fine for your TV?

My bad... When I tune to channel 805 earlier, it appears that the channel is currently not in HDR HLG anymore.
It's back to the normal SDR... ohmy.gif
Previously during and after Euro 2020, I can confirm that HDR HLG is available on that channel.
But now, the picture settings on my Samsung TV shows that the Gamma is BT.1886 now.

Not sure what's the reason behind this, but my guess would be lot of people complain that the channel "appears darker on their TV" 🤷
So instead of getting compliments of having a HDR channel, they got tremendous complaints instead, so maybe they disable it for the time being... I don't know, it's just my guess.

Hopefully they'll bring HDR back in the upcoming Qatar FIFA World Cup 2022.
Like I said before, they should've provide an option for user to enable and disable HDR output on the Ultra Box. sweat.gif

This post has been edited by joshhd: Nov 13 2022, 07:04 PM
joshhd
post Nov 14 2022, 01:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

QUOTE(-oc-gassa @ Nov 14 2022, 01:24 PM)
joshhd any info on this?

A la carte add-ons don't have contract, and you can cancel it anytime, and the removal shall take effect on your next billing cycle.
Removal or downgrading pack can only be done by either contacting customer service hotline 03-95433838, or you walk in to nearest service centre.
They won't layan your downgrade request if you email, WhatsApp, send private message them on fb/twitter....

Also, RM10 (RM10.60 after SST) switching fee will be imposed.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Nov 14 2022, 01:42 PM
joshhd
post Nov 14 2022, 10:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

QUOTE(doubleM2 @ Nov 14 2022, 07:38 PM)
sooka pricing for World Cup Pass. But I guess it’s for mobile & PC only, doesn’t include Smart TV access as well.

user posted image

Hmmm...
If RM49.90 Sooka World Cup Pass includes smart TV access, then basically it has rendered VIP TV plan to be useless already.

But VIP+Sports monthly plan itself (RM41.90) already includes the World Cup Pass which you can also access all 64 matches.
Difference is, RM49.90 World Cup Pass is a one off payment, while RM41.90 one is a monthly auto renewal plan but you can still cancel it anytime though. sweat.gif

This post has been edited by joshhd: Nov 14 2022, 11:00 PM
joshhd
post Nov 14 2022, 11:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Nov 14 2022, 11:05 PM)
Due to the WC being held in two months (from late Nov to early Dec), you will get billed twice (Nov and Dec) for VIP+Sports.
So if you just want to watch only the WC, then the WC Pass is still the cheaper option. (1x RM49.90 vs 2x RM41.90 or RM83.80)

FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: The first match scheduled kickoff time is 21 Nov 2022 12am Monday (UTC+8), and the final match scheduled kickoff time is 18 Dec 2022 11pm (UTC+8).
Within that 27-28 days window period, you pandai-pandai lah choose a date and time on when to create a new Sooka account and subscribe VIP+Sports, and then cancel the subscription before it triggers plan auto renewal. 🤭🤭🤭

Or better yet, you can subscribe to VIP+TV plan with the promo price of RM62.90 that only valid for new sign ups. Existing users will be paying RM84.90 retail price. Unless if you purposely last minute create new Sooka account, then different story la.
But if you don't like "last minute purposely do stuffs like these", then the World Cup Pass RM49.90 would be a peace-of-mind option.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Nov 14 2022, 11:24 PM
joshhd
post Nov 15 2022, 09:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

QUOTE(The.Lucas.DaY @ Nov 15 2022, 08:25 PM)
Do we have even 4K for World cup on Astro? @.@
Pay so much but can simply find & watch free online...hmm

All 64 matches, live in 4K HDR, only on Astro sweat.gif
If you want free, go to mamak and watch.
joshhd
post Nov 15 2022, 10:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

QUOTE(Feliex @ Nov 15 2022, 06:21 PM)
APA LAH.. people China DouYin (TikTok) FREE LIVE WORD CUP 2022 in 4K!

user posted image

https://www.gizmochina.com/2022/11/14/tikto...fa22-free-cina/
QUOTE(The.Lucas.DaY @ Nov 15 2022, 08:25 PM)
Do we have even 4K for World cup on Astro? @.@
Pay so much but can simply find & watch free online...hmm

This is Douyin (China version of TikTok), and the free World Cup in 4K is exclusively for China only, and nowhere else. sweat.gif
https://www.gizmochina.com/2022/11/14/tikto...fa22-free-cina/
joshhd
post Nov 15 2022, 10:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

QUOTE(The.Lucas.DaY @ Nov 15 2022, 10:04 PM)
I got sport pack at home, no need go mamak, thanks

Then you can access to all matches in 4K on channel 805 and 806, and it's only accessible on the Ultra Box.
If you're not using Ultra Box, then what's stopping you from upgrading to Ultra Box?

This post has been edited by joshhd: Nov 15 2022, 10:32 PM
joshhd
post Nov 19 2022, 12:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

Dear Astro's broadcast team, can you check your aspect ratio settings thoroughly on your SD channels?
Get someone knowledgeable about aspect ratio in your company to handle all the aspect ratio settings, please dry.gif

*Satellite = the ones you see when receiving the channel through Astro satellite dish
*Internet streaming = the ones that Plug & Play users see, and also the version you see during Live Pause, cloud recording, and continuous viewing feature

Satellite Internet streaming Issue
user posted image user posted image Pillarbox appear on TV9 (149) when stream via Internet
user posted image user posted image Pillarbox appear on Astro AOD (352) when watch via satellite
user posted image user posted image Letterbox appear on Bernama (502) when watch via satellite
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
QUOTE(hazim96 @ Nov 18 2022, 11:31 PM)
TV3, 8TV and TV9 will have black bar on left and right screen if the channel played by internet or recording

Yeah I saw some netizens posted screenshots online that they are getting mysterious pillarbox on those channels as well, and which I guess it affects only either the Satellite version or the Internet version (Plug & Play...).
Here are some samples:
user posted image user posted image user posted image
But by the time I tune to those channels, I notice they've fixed the pillarbox issue...., on some channels only, not all of them yet...
joshhd
post Nov 20 2022, 11:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

QUOTE(enriquelee @ Nov 20 2022, 02:41 PM)
Same problem re-occur now. Really can't tolerate anymore as I might miss worldcup matches.

Last question before I upgrade to ultra box. If I switch to using Internet rather than dish, is the buffering issue a very common problem? The buffer is taking long time or at a tolerable time?

It will happens occasionally. And when it does, the buffering icon and/or buffering usually would appear on-screen for 1-2 seconds.
Whether would you see this as a major annoyance or not, I'll leave it to you to decide.
Since this happens "once in a blue moon", therefore I don't see Astro is taking this matter very seriously, and rather put the blame on your WiFi or Internet connection instead.
QUOTE(abangcosta @ Nov 20 2022, 05:14 PM)
Hi, need help. During registered with Astro (Sports Pack), I opted with Ultra Box Plug & Play one. So recently I moved to my new home, due to internet coverage quite slow at my new home area, I asked Astro technician to install a satellite dish here. But the problem now, after setup completed using satellite, dcss etc., the basic channel such as Ria, Prima, Awani, Axn, Arena somehow cannot be accessed. The error on the screen shows Subscription Required. For tv1, tv2, tv3, supersports, spotv somehow no problem. I already contacted with Astro Customer Service plenty times, but they always came up with the same solutions, refresh account, clear nvram..plus already once sent a technician to come to my house to check, but still, problems not solved. Any otai here know how to solve my Ultra Box problem? Thanks and sorry for my long essay lol.

Hmm... My Astro account is under Satellite, and I can interchange the box operating mode between Satellite and Plug & Play by performing Restore Factory Settings and still able to access to all my subscribed channels.

Since you opted for Ultra Box Plug & Play upon sign up, it means your Astro account is tagged under Plug & Play in their system.
Yes, you can Restore Factory Settings and change it to Satellite mode anytime you want, but still, in their system, your Astro box/account is tagged under Plug & Play.
Due to this, I'm not sure would this be the cause of you experiencing "Subscription Required" message on certain basic channels as you mentioned earlier whenever your box is on Satellite mode, which in their system, you aren't supposed to.

already once sent a technician to come to my house to check, but still, problems not solved.
Can share to us, what did the technician did when he came to your house? Replace new box? What else? Did he charge you?

If I'm not mistaken, there would be a 3 or 6 months installation warranty.
So if the same issue persists within the warranty period, I suggest you don't give up and keep chasing the customer service about this.
joshhd
post Nov 21 2022, 01:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

QUOTE(NewB-MX @ Nov 21 2022, 12:23 AM)
I don't get HDR on Astro channels showing the World Cup. Tried 2 TVs (both support HDR10, HLG & DV).

Channel 805 has Atmos but none has HDR.

Anyone has HDR?

Report this to the customer service. I'm curious to see what they would say. doh.gif
joshhd
post Nov 21 2022, 10:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

QUOTE(NewB-MX @ Nov 21 2022, 02:53 AM)
Just discovered seems like the CS on WhatsApp is manned by a bot only; no option to chat with a live agent (typing "agent" led to "invalid option").

So I've emailed wecare@astro.com.my

I suspect they may say HDR is only from a later stage of the tournament?
QUOTE(smileguy @ Nov 21 2022, 09:27 AM)
I hv mentioned several times asteruk has NO HDR ,only unifi 4k has HDR function enabled. Using asteruk HDR function is not enabled on Tv.When HD is not HD,UHD is Not UHD, it all happens on astro!!  bangwall.gif I see real 4k/HD on unifitv but not asteruk,somehow something is missing!
QUOTE(-oc-gassa @ Nov 21 2022, 10:00 AM)
didn't last time got user here said F1 4K UHD channel on Astro got HDR... I'm still unable to see the UHD channel running in HDR mode via Sony X90H TV

Read this:
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=105826967
joshhd
post Nov 21 2022, 05:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

QUOTE(hafiez @ Nov 21 2022, 03:19 PM)
Can i change from PVR to ultibox without changing my package?

Got any lobang??
Simple. Just tell them "My Astro PVR box rosak ady, I want it to be changed... Switch to new packs? Not interested. "
How rosak? You pandai-pandai lah make story.

Then they'll send a technician to your house, and replace to Ulti Box for you. (Because Astro no longer supply PVR box model for any box replacements cases)
And the T&C is, choose either 12 months contract or pay RM65 technical service fee directly to the installer.
12 months contract means, make sure don't let your Astro account becomes suspended due to late payment, or else the RM65 service fee will clawback into your Astro bill.
That's pretty much it.
QUOTE(hafiez @ Nov 21 2022, 04:57 PM)
their CS ask me to change the package to the newer one. The thing is, when alter the pkg, the AOTG will be revised to two screens instead of 4.

Erm.... That is equivalent to switching to new packs sweat.gif

This post has been edited by joshhd: Nov 21 2022, 05:20 PM
joshhd
post Nov 21 2022, 05:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

QUOTE(enriquelee @ Nov 21 2022, 05:14 PM)
When I ask them can I upgrade to ultra box and remain as my old package (Super Pack Plus 3), they replied me ok.
QUOTE(hafiez @ Nov 21 2022, 05:26 PM)
bila ni?

You can actually change to Ulti Box without switching to new packs one... I believe even till today also can...
joshhd
post Nov 21 2022, 11:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

QUOTE(hafiez @ Nov 21 2022, 06:57 PM)
they didnt allow me to do so. They require me to upgrade my package which is super pack 2 to the newest one.
good to know. U called them or how?

Upgrade from Super Pack 2 to which new pack that they want you to switch to?
joshhd
post Nov 22 2022, 05:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

QUOTE(hafiez @ Nov 22 2022, 12:20 PM)
to the latest package like platinum etc.

My concern is they embedded netflix standard. I dont know whether i can switch to netflix 4k. That number one, number two, if i revised my plan, my AOTG will be reduced to 2 screens instead of 4 which im having now.

Astro has this rule, where it is compulsory that you must be on either Ulti or Ultra Box when you switch to any new packs that includes Netflix.
Packs that includes Netflix are: Entertainment Plus Pack, Sports Plus Pack, Movies Plus Pack, Premium Pack 2, Premium Pack 3 and Platinum Pack.

Therefore, if you want to switch to the new packs but you insist to remain your existing Astro PVR box, then your only options in choosing new Astro packs are:
Primary Pack, Entertainment Pack, Movies Pack, Sports Pack, and Premium Pack 1

My concern is they embedded netflix standard. I dont know whether i can switch to netflix 4k.
Once you've switch to the new packs upon upgrade to Ultra Box, you can opt for additional +RM10 per month which upgrades from Netflix Standard to Netflix Premium (4K UHD).
You can downgrade back to Netflix Standard anytime. No contract for that.

if i revised my plan, my AOTG will be reduced to 2 screens instead of 4 which im having now.
Talking about this, back then Astro has "revealed a secret" that they don't want too many people to know about this Astro Go's 2-4 screens rule. Read here:
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...#entry105480847
joshhd
post Nov 22 2022, 05:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

Been watching Astro Awani since morning till now, still don't know will be the next PM, until the Ultra Box asks "Are you still watching?" cry.gif
user posted image
The box goes to standby mode itself after 1 minute. sweat.gif
joshhd
post Nov 22 2022, 08:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Nov 22 2022, 06:17 PM)
You can turn this feature off. If you watch sports you will immediately br encountering this
QUOTE(fruitie @ Nov 22 2022, 06:58 PM)
How to switch off this function? It is pretty annoying as I "listen" to TV most of the time and it will turn off after a few hours. tongue.gif

Answer: https://support.astro.com.my/question/chang...-mode-ultra-box
joshhd
post Nov 22 2022, 08:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

QUOTE(hafiez @ Nov 22 2022, 07:56 PM)
sorry for the lengthy discussion regarding this.

about the netflix, can i simply remove the netflix subscription in the future?

Yes you can, but...

If you subscribe to the new packs that includes Netflix for the first time, then you must opt for either 12 or 24 months contract option of that particular Astro pack. You can't choose 0 month contract option yet.
And if within the contract period, if you change to different Astro pack that doesn't have Netflix bundled in it, or terminate Astro altogether, then you'll need to pay penalty (early termination fee).

Pretty much everything you need to know about Astro new packs, and Netflix on Astro, are all here:
https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=105798853
joshhd
post Nov 23 2022, 01:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

QUOTE(tanalvis @ Nov 23 2022, 09:48 AM)
Hi, everyone. I am currently subscribed to Astro IPTV super packs 3 (Legacy) & 30mbps as i want to get the new router & upgrade to 50mbps

Is it possible for me to upgrade 50mbps w/o upgrading the current astro packs (tried to login astro online, mentioned i need to change my package) ?

Theres no 50Mbps speed package for Astro IPTV.
50Mbps is available on Astro Fibre only.

Speed options available for Astro IPTV (Maxis) are the same as Maxis Fibre, which are 30Mbps, 100Mbps, 300Mbps, 500Mbps and 800Mbps. Contact customer service if you want to upgrade.
As what I know, usually you would get new Maxis router when you upgrade speed of 100Mbps and above.

If you subscribe to Astro Fibre, you will lose access to Astro IPTV service, and your Astro TV service will become either Astro Plug & Play customer or the usual Astro (satellite dish) customer.

190 Pages « < 155 156 157 158 159 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0447sec    0.31    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:02 PM