views

joshhd
post Oct 1 2022, 12:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,216 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Sep 30 2022, 11:15 PM)
Bingo....

At least this time is better...

Cease 1 channel, get 3 new replacement...

Unlike previously....
Ceases 3 get no replacement 😃

p/s: astro is damn profit orientation entity... Not charity 😁
QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Oct 1 2022, 10:02 AM)
Funny thing is, sometimes we get new channels randomly. Like when they introduced SPOTV2 last month. It was not a replacement for anything. It's just suddenly there
QUOTE(nexona88 @ Oct 1 2022, 10:26 AM)
Their planning sometimes weird...
Suddenly cease or add new channels....
Ceased channels also would re-appear later on 😁
Or new channels would ceased broadcast after sometimes....

Astro can introduce new channels and also cease channels whenever they want.
They are not obligated to must have channel replacements upon cessation of a channel, or even must increase pack price upon introducing new channel.

In simple words, they can do whatever they want as they see fit.
joshhd
post Oct 2 2022, 12:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,216 posts

QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Oct 2 2022, 11:44 AM)
My only issue is the 2 minute delay on SPOTV. This is annoying since I use live timing, and the delay really spoils the race for me. At least the main MotoGP race is shown on Arena2, but still the problem persist for Moto 3 and Moto 2.

That particular MotoGP match where it is aired on SPOTV and being delayed for 2 minutes, is it available on Astro SuperSport UHD 805/806?
joshhd
post Oct 2 2022, 12:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,216 posts

QUOTE(chuppachop @ Oct 2 2022, 10:52 AM)
Just an update, H2 ended service across Asia on 1 Oct, likewise on Singtel.

user posted image
QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Oct 2 2022, 11:44 AM)

Ironically since we never gotten access to H2, we won't be missing it  tongue.gif

None of any Malaysia pay TV providers ever carries H2 channel.
But thanks for sharing the info with us, chuppachop. biggrin.gif
joshhd
post Oct 2 2022, 01:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,216 posts

QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Oct 2 2022, 12:55 PM)
Nope. There is no 4k feed for motogp. but Arena is showing the race (and only the MotoGP race, no other session), which somewhat helps. Still it's annoying since the Moto3 and Moto2 race still is delayed.
Since I watched the race with other fans around the region/world, results would usually be spoiled for me since 2 minutes is a LONG time, especially for races that anything can happen in just 10 seconds.

As I check on Quake, it seems to me that SPOTV channel isn't made available for advertisers to book a slot (advertise their products). Therefore, it seems to suggest that the reason Astro is delaying the feed by 2 minutes is more towards making the censorshipman's life easier, and also benefiting themselves by slotting in their own in-house ads.
I'm not so convinced if you tell me "reason of delaying SPOTV is because of complying censorship guidelines"

Try file an MCMC complaint, and do share with us on the outcome: https://aduan.skmm.gov.my/
joshhd
post Oct 2 2022, 01:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,216 posts

QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Oct 2 2022, 01:11 PM)
They are inserting their own adverts. Ironically SPOTV 2 has no two minute delays.

I will try to complain to SKMM next week. I have been complaining to Astro for 3 straight weeks now with nothing happning

3 weeks is long enough for them to take action.
I suggest you file the complaint now instead.
joshhd
post Oct 2 2022, 09:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,216 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Oct 2 2022, 02:45 PM)
Curious...
Can list down which channels originally is not available for ads slots sales? But Astro do that for own benefits....

According to its TV Advertising Rate Card (with effect from 1st July 2022), these are the channels that advertisers can book a slot under Sports Segment.
user posted image
The advertising rates are priced according to channel value propositions and timebelt viewerships. Enjoy a base rate that starts from RM1,000 for a 30-sec TVC (category x1), with specific pricing ratios for respective durations,...
Example: x1 means RM1,000 for a 30 second ad.
Meaning, each time you see a 30 seconds ad being aired on the channel, the advertiser need to pay RM1,000. Yes, each (1) time. unsure.gif
If you see the category is x5, then it means RM5,000 per 30 second ad, or x20 means RM20,000 per 30 second ad. And that is what advertisers pay, when the ad is aired one time on that channel/timeslot.

So if you (the advertiser) wants to advertise your 30 sec ad with the frequency of 1 time daily in a month, the calculation shall be RM1,000 x 30 days = RM30,000 excl SST. biggrin.gif
If you want to improve impressions by advertising the same ad over and over again, then just multiply the amount you want it to repeat.
The prices may varies according to season, festivals, and whatever special programming or events happen in that channel/airtime. And yes, they can change their advertising rates anytime they like.
And when that happens, usually they'll have "special combo/package/bundle" to make it attractive to advertisers.

The advertising rates will be completely different than the one you see above for the "key sporting events" shown below:
user posted image
*click/tap the image to view in higher resolution

And as you can see, there's no SPOTV and SPOTV 2 under their "Sports Segment" sweat.gif
joshhd
post Oct 2 2022, 10:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,216 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Oct 2 2022, 10:12 PM)
Wah very detailed one 👍💪

Now only I know the ads fee is quite expensive...
Like u says... Maybe got bundle discount available case on case basis....

No wonder astro die2 fill up ads no matter what....
It's one of their main lifeline 🤑💰💲

Astro advertising sales agent be like:

"Expensive? No no no no no.... Imagine that your product advertisement can be seen by hundreds of thousands, to millions of viewers at once.
Imagine the sales of your product/service increases dramatically, and the eventual result of your business ROI (return of investment) would be very worth it. biggrin.gif"
Empower your business, with Astro Media Solutions biggrin.gif

Ok enough, now I sounded like a sales agent sweat.gif dry.gif
Now I believe you guys know better on why they want to delay the channel by few minutes, to have enough time for the censorshipman to slot in ads that are paid by the advertisers.
But still, even if there's only a few or no advertisers that book a slot on that channel/airslot, Astro will still continue to delay the channel by few minutes, which they can use it to replace and slot in their own in-house adverts.
Slotting in-house ads like Astro First ads, Astro Best ads, Astro Fibre ads, "This month on Astro" ads, will eventually encourage customers to pay more money onto Astro.

No wonder astro die2 fill up ads no matter what....
It's one of their main lifeline 🤑💰💲

Lol? They've been doing this for decades sweat.gif
joshhd
post Oct 4 2022, 02:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,216 posts

QUOTE(wong_86 @ Oct 3 2022, 02:36 PM)
lag like  shakehead.gif , especially those track camera, i taught is marina bay underground MRT manegtic field causing this
QUOTE(Feliex @ Oct 3 2022, 06:50 PM)
Nope, the Channel 806UHD last few matches also same problem.

AND THIS IS WHAT I GET.. KARILEMBU BETUL ranting.gif  ASTRO TOO CONFIDENT WITH THEM R&D & QC DEPT!

user posted image

Really? You're from engineering background? ohmy.gif
It seems to me that their SOP is, customers must go through first level troubleshooting first, then only can escalate to second level troubleshooting and higher.
Just tell them you've exhausted all troubleshooting steps given (but don't give them the impression that you're lying lah), and let them decide to escalate the matter to the broadcasting department naturally.
Even if you know that the issue is coming from their side and not yours, you still have to keep calm and pretend that you don't know about it, and you have to cooperate with them by following whatever basic troubleshooting steps advised by them first.
This is what I've learnt throughout the years talking to their CS... Talk to them need to have strategy one sweat.gif
QUOTE(nexona88 @ Oct 3 2022, 08:03 PM)
Lolz ..
Typical standard reply from CS...

They seems clueless about anything...
Knows shits...

One of the bad / negative side when u go outsource the customer service part....  And the vendor take freshie in as CS....
QUOTE(T.W.D. @ Oct 3 2022, 10:52 PM)
Yeah, ruining experience watching F1, especially the driver cam, shaking like it's the race of his life

You see pixelation? The first thing they'll suspect is something wrong somewhere with the reception of your Astro satellite dish.
Only CH806 UHD version has the pixelation? How about on ASSP 5?

chuppachopIs there any kind of pixelation occur on the live UHD match of Singapore MotoGP on Singtel/Starhub TV?
joshhd
post Oct 4 2022, 02:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,216 posts

This Is The New Astro Fibre RG21 Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Router
https://www.lowyat.net/2022/285999/astro-fi...h-wifi6-router/
Starting this month, newly registered Astro Fibre customers will be provided with a self-branded router called the RG21. The new device is taking over the role of the Huawei OptiXstar K562e as the service’s default router moving forward.

joshhd
post Oct 4 2022, 02:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,216 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Oct 4 2022, 02:19 PM)
This Is The New Astro Fibre RG21 Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Router
https://www.lowyat.net/2022/285999/astro-fi...h-wifi6-router/

Seriously, their new WiFi router looks bigger than my Ultra Box sweat.gif sweat.gif
Btw any Astro Fibre users here?
joshhd
post Oct 5 2022, 01:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,216 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Oct 5 2022, 11:24 AM)
It is not only about the compression. Even MPEG4 also you can set th expected quality. I guess Astro must have use lower bit rate to lower the bandwidth usage thus sacrifice the quality like you said.

No need to guess. They memang already "managed" its video bitrate to accommodate more HD channels in one transponder, hence the picture quality is sacrificed.
The HD picture quality that we all see today in Astro, isn't the same as what Astro introduced HD services back in early 2010s era anymore.
joshhd
post Oct 6 2022, 09:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,216 posts

QUOTE(Boy96 @ Oct 5 2022, 06:55 PM)
For those using Ultra box HDMI to TV and ARC to Soundbar, what audio delay do you set on the ultrabox settings?

Mine seems to have minor lip sync issue but when i set to 0ms (stock is 20ms), doesnt seem to make any difference

The lip sync issue, you notice the video late or the audio late? And which channel/content is it? Or all? hmm.gif
QUOTE(eduardo2020 @ Oct 6 2022, 11:42 AM)
Zee5 & BBC Player  launching by Oct 24 on Ultra Box

I guess Zee5 is gonna include in Indian Favourites then? Well, Indian Favourites offering is growing stronger now biggrin.gif

Zee5 do offers 4K UHD quality and Dolby 5.1 surround sound content on its Android TV app.
https://helpcenter.zee5.com/portal/en/kb/ar...in-4k-dolby-5-1
So, will we be able to enjoy 4K UHD and Dolby 5.1 through the Zee5 app on Ultra Box? Or is it gonna be another lousy app like the Disney+ Hotstar on Ultra Box that supports up to Full HD and Stereo only?
QUOTE(yenchenje @ Oct 6 2022, 06:18 PM)
Sorry for maybe hijacking the thread but was curious but has Astro been swapping services between their muxes? I have a linux box that can receive DVB-S2 signals and the old ASSP UHD muxes no longer works and I have to rescan it for it to pick up apparently the same frequency and polarization of the mux  hmm.gif

What makes you think that you are hijacking this thread? sweat.gif

In my observation, yes. Once in a bluemoon, they might swap TV channel into different transponders with different SID/VPID/APIDs.
I also have a satellite TV box that can receive DVB-S2 signals, and I do blind scan occasionally on Measat Ku band 91.5°E to observe changes on all its muxes, from 10732MHz all the way to 11895MHz.

Why ask though? laugh.gif
QUOTE(annoymous1234 @ Oct 6 2022, 06:29 PM)
Is the Netflix package with astro support 4k?

Nope. ALL Netflix bundles from Astro comes with Netflix Standard (Full HD + 2 screens) plan only.
You can upgrade/downgrade anytime to make it becomes Netflix Premium (4K Ultra HD + 4 screens) plan by adding another RM10 per month on top of your Astro bill.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Oct 6 2022, 09:41 PM
joshhd
post Oct 7 2022, 05:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,216 posts

QUOTE(eduardo2020 @ Oct 7 2022, 03:11 PM)
Are you sure zee5 in 4k mode?
Even in india many people complaining apps PQ is very worst and even audio in stereo...
I guess the same will apply for ultrabox
In between zee5 comes with live tv channels
Do you think astro will have same package?

Well, according to their website, Zee5 do provide UHD and 5.1 audio streaming on its content... So... 🤷

And I check on Zee5 website, they only offers Monthly and Yearly plans. There's no lower or higher tier to choose from.
I think it'll include in Indian Favourites pack or Maharaja pack for legacy pack customers.
QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Oct 7 2022, 03:54 PM)
but must it appear on my ultrabox?
i didn't optionally subscribe to any indian content, and to have something unwelcomed shoved in front....

oh well, 13mth to go till termination.

Seems like a yes to me. It'll still appear even if you don't or won't use the app.
When everyone's Ulti/Ultra Box has the app appeared on home screen, it means you can launch the app right away, no need to install the apps separately.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Oct 7 2022, 05:32 PM
joshhd
post Oct 7 2022, 11:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,216 posts

QUOTE(eduardo2020 @ Oct 7 2022, 10:31 PM)
KTVHD is already a HD channel
Only new movies will be available in HD format
SunNews coming with HD feed without HD logo
SunLife is SD but astro is planning to convert to HD their own
Lets see the results

This seems to suggest that Astro is making their own Malaysia feed, rather than taking from India feed 🤣🤣🤣

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Oct 7 2022, 10:45 PM)
Astro convert SD into HD?
Doubt the end result....

Looking at current HD channels offering also can know already.... 

So much work involved
Should just disband the channel offering straight....

Nah I don't think it's "convert SD to HD".
I think what he's referring to is, either get the HD feed from Sun TV Network, or create own feed (Malaysia boleh feed).
joshhd
post Oct 7 2022, 11:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,216 posts

QUOTE(OneXX @ Oct 7 2022, 11:07 PM)
Anyone here got email from astro for 1 year free disney hotstar...they so generous this day...already redeem free 3 month before..but that one they sent sms to me to redeem...this one only email

user posted image

confused.gif confused.gif confused.gif confused.gif
What package did you subscribed? And you've been a Astro customer for how many years? blink.gif
You ever hutang them money or not? sweat.gif

This post has been edited by joshhd: Oct 7 2022, 11:19 PM
joshhd
post Oct 7 2022, 11:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,216 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Oct 7 2022, 11:12 PM)
Oh like that...

But He mentioned...
Malaysia feed is more expensive / additional cost...

With astro cost cutting measure...
Everything counted....

Unless...
They already have standby ads slot & takers for it 🤑💰💲

Then maybe they'll find ways to get HD feed from Sun TV network... I don't know, it's just my opinion sweat.gif
It may or may not come out to be true in the end, so just wait for 13 Oct then...
joshhd
post Oct 8 2022, 12:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,216 posts

QUOTE(OneXX @ Oct 8 2022, 12:09 AM)
i'm on legacy superpack lite 1
been a customer since silver box  what year i dont remember
never hutang them...bill always on time

Mmm, very loyal Astro customer indeed thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
Who else here got that free 12 months access of Disney+ Hotstar? hmm.gif

But wait... Now I remember just recently, Unifi also offers free 12 months access of Disney+ Hotstar to selected Unifi customers too...
Coincidence? hmm.gif hmm.gif

Correction: Unifi one is 24 months access of Disney+ Hotstar.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Oct 8 2022, 02:15 AM
joshhd
post Oct 8 2022, 02:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,216 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Oct 8 2022, 12:45 AM)
Mmm, very loyal Astro customer indeed thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif
Who else here got that free 12 months access of Disney+ Hotstar? hmm.gif

But wait... Now I remember just recently, Unifi also offers free 12 months access of Disney+ Hotstar to selected Unifi customers too...
Coincidence?  hmm.gif  hmm.gif
QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Oct 8 2022, 01:41 AM)
12? Unifi gave 24 months for us who are on ultimate pack IIRC

Eh sorry... sweat.gif
Correction: Unifi one is 24 months access of Disney+ Hotstar, yes...
And their T&C is, you'll need to recontract another 24 months.

But not sure this Astro's free 12 months access of D+H has other hidden T&C or not... Better find out more first, before agreeing to anything. sweat.gif
joshhd
post Oct 8 2022, 09:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,216 posts

QUOTE(eduardo2020 @ Oct 7 2022, 05:47 PM)
user posted image
QUOTE(smileguy @ Oct 7 2022, 06:35 PM)
Seems like SD feed like the originals  for 2 and maybe SD also for KTV,a second thought SD or HD,astro can do magic! brows.gif So must hv both Maharaja and Ind.Favs!
QUOTE(nexona88 @ Oct 7 2022, 11:12 PM)
Oh like that...

But He mentioned...
Malaysia feed is more expensive / additional cost...

With astro cost cutting measure...
Everything counted....

Unless...
They already have standby ads slot & takers for it 🤑💰💲

Astro says, all will be in HD. Oh well whistling.gif
user posted image
joshhd
post Oct 8 2022, 09:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,216 posts

QUOTE(brandonkl @ Oct 8 2022, 05:26 PM)
The earlier ultraboxes have this issue. Two of my multiroom had this issue and I called Astro to replace them as still under warranty. After replaced, no more issues.

The Astro installer told me those ultraboxes starting with serial numbers PRM have many issues.

My replacement ultraboxes serial starts with PFH and no issues now.

GG lor... shocking.gif
QUOTE(mamat32 @ Oct 8 2022, 12:08 PM)
Anyone having problem using the streaming apps in the ultra box? Mine always hang/freeze when play videos in appd like netflix or iqiyi. Need to restart the box.

Look at the first few letters of your Ultra Box's serial number.
Is it SFH, PRM or PFH?

158 Pages « < 151 152 153 154 155 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0290sec    0.42    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 4th December 2022 - 09:54 AM