Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Astro Version 13A, All about Astro Malaysia offerings

views

linkinstreet
post Jun 11 2022, 08:04 AM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,800 posts

QUOTE(izwanikhsan @ Jun 11 2022, 07:08 AM)
Streaming live sports illegally is laggy. But streaming movies/ drama via T*******m which requires no signup, I can’t see how it is dangerous. Astro should promote the benefits of watching on Astro - HD/UHD quality, not laggy, stable, come with BM/ Mandarin subtitles etc
I have seen a number of my colleagues got adware spam after visiting those sites.

"Allow popup? Ok la saya allow"
linkinstreet
post Jun 11 2022, 10:30 AM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,800 posts

QUOTE(izwanikhsan @ Jun 11 2022, 09:07 AM)
Popup ads in T*****m app? If website YES but does T****m app allows popup ads? My point is Astro should focus on benefits of watching through Astro instead of fear mongering. We don't see such campaign against piracy from Netflix, Disney+ etc that focuses on fearmongering.
Oh I dunno about apps. But most of the people here streams through dodgy websites, which is how they get our network infected.
linkinstreet
post Jun 11 2022, 06:41 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,800 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jun 11 2022, 01:47 PM)
That means your colleagues are not "tech savvy" enough to differentiate LOL tongue.gif
Most of them are aunties who just want their quick korean drama fix. So yeah, don't expect them to be tech savvies lol
linkinstreet
post Jun 15 2022, 09:01 AM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,800 posts

QUOTE(Iptvfan @ Jun 14 2022, 10:36 PM)
Even Netflix is not so shameless
Nah, they are slowly raising prices in the West and testing banning sharing of accounts in some countries now.
linkinstreet
post Jun 18 2022, 08:38 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,800 posts

QUOTE(stasio @ Jun 18 2022, 01:18 PM)
Luckly, I give up Astro a year ago, saving RM214 a month (multi).

Now watching Astro SuperSports 1-5 or other channels in FHD (1920x1080 @50FPS)  , via TiviMate (IPTV)..haha

Only don't have UHD channel (780)

https://img.aijaa.com/b/00599/15065955.jpg

sorry, louzy old phone camera..... blush.gif
I presume the person that created this stream took it from Sooka.

QUOTE(Iptvfan @ Jun 18 2022, 02:56 PM)
I will be surprised if anyone still pay astro so much unless:

1 they are epl fans
2 they buy for their parents just for convenience
3 dont have fibre broadband

Otherwise just too much cash
I do, but then again it's due to the delay for web stream which is too much for me for watching motorsports
linkinstreet
post Jun 19 2022, 05:25 AM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,800 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Jun 19 2022, 12:24 AM)
user posted image

Hmm... hmm.gif
Oh? New channel that is not a Go Shop?
linkinstreet
post Jun 21 2022, 12:39 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,800 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jun 20 2022, 09:27 PM)
I don't anticipate any significant transformation in Astro when it comes to Measat 3d launch, and we as a consumer would barely feel anything from it.
What I read before is, once Measat 3d is in operational, they might migrate all existing linear TV channels away from these 2 satellites, Measat 3a and Measat 3b, and transmits its satellite TV signals through 1 satellite only, and that is Measat 3d.
For them, they see this as a more "cost effective" rather than "innovative".
The number of satellite transponders that Astro uses, will continue to be lesser and lesser in years to come, not "gradually use more transponders" no matter how many new satellite Measat launches.
The time has changed. It's not going to be like what we all experienced back in late 2014 after Measat 3b satellite launches, where Astro "suddenly" launches dozens of new HD channels at once, and then increases HD service fee from RM20 per month to RM25 per month back then. 

Therefore, Astro and Measat can treat its existing Measat 3a and Measat 3b satellites more like their "backup satellite", or perhaps Measat could utilise the remaining satellite capacity elsewhere.
Due of the nature of Ku band, no matter how many new satellites they launch, we will still experience rain fade during bad weather on Astro no matter what.
Even if we would have lesser rain fade issue on Measat 3d, honestly, the improvement will be just that "little". Or maybe, no difference at all compared to now.

For those who don't want heavy rains to disturb your Astro satellite signal, then switch to Ultra Box or Ulti Box and make sure it is connected to the Internet when it rains.
user posted image
Btw is Ka band the current trend among satellite Tv operator?
Among satellite TV operator, nope. But for satellite companies like Measat, then yes, Ka band is the current popular trend worldwide, and it is mainly used for satellite broadband.

Let's say it's heavy rain outside now, and your Astro shows SCNA message (no satellite signal).
Feeling annoyed already? Yeah, that is what you get from a satellite service that operates in Ku band (pronounced as "k-u-band") frequency.
Downlink frequency is between 10.7-12.75GHz. 

As for Ka band, the downlink frequency ranges between 17-22GHz. So yes, you will experience the rain fade much easily and much sooner when there is dark clouds or heavy rains, compared to Ku band.

Ka band is more popular for satellite broadband service providers, mainly because:
- the higher the frequency, the cheaper the overall operating costs
- more much bandwidth capacity than Ku band = faster internet speeds to the end user
- if heavy rains, you'll experience slower internet speeds first. If bad weather worsens further, then you'll get no internet connection.

Astro is very very unlikely to go for Ka band for satellite TV service, mainly because:
- you will lose satellite signal much faster/sooner when there's dark clouds or heavy rain, compared to Ku band, which translates to more customer complaints in the long run.
- do you think our Astro boxes can receive Ka band frequencies?
- the LNB on your Astro dish will have to be replaced, to support receiving Ka band frequencies. installers nationwide will have to go up each and every roofs to change it. who's gonna pay for that?
- and many other money-related and practicality reasons.

likely the old Measat 3A and 3B will be utilised during World Cup season. Since the last group match would usually mean teams play their games together, they can safely do 2x 4K and 2x 1080i matches concurrently for those, + red button channel (replay, highlights, etc)

linkinstreet
post Jun 22 2022, 10:55 AM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,800 posts

QUOTE(nxfx @ Jun 22 2022, 10:05 AM)
Trying to switch to Primary Pack (RM59.99), but got this notification and can't continue
"Because you have Multiroom…
Your total monthly fee must be a minimum of RM100.00 (excluding Multiroom), currently you’re at RM77.25."

Why must monthly fee must be a minimum of RM100.00 ?
IIRC it always has been for a while if you are using multiroom. You could cancel multiroom if you want to lower your billing to under RM100, and then use one of your Astro go login for Astro on Smart TV
linkinstreet
post Jun 22 2022, 07:40 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,800 posts

QUOTE(xxxgkssixxx @ Jun 22 2022, 05:51 PM)
Is there any tutorial to install Astro Go on Android TV? I saw some ppl able to install it on their Mi TV stick

user posted image
QUOTE(kkm @ Jun 22 2022, 05:25 PM)
No, AOTG is not supported on Android TV.
(Not directly anyway... 😎)
Go a few page back. Someone taught how to do it. Basically you need to find the correct Smart TV/Android TV APK, and then you will be prompted for a QR code login. You will then be able to link that TV/device to your account.
linkinstreet
post Jun 22 2022, 10:01 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,800 posts

QUOTE(kkm @ Jun 22 2022, 09:20 PM)
I think you are still talking about Astro Smart TV. The current chat is about installing the Astro on the Go app. So there's no need to pay another subscription.
AH, I thought it's the continuation of the person seeking to lower his astro cost but with Multiroom. FWIW, Astro GO on a large display on TV looks quite horrid since it's meant for viewing on small displays.
linkinstreet
post Jun 23 2022, 08:51 AM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,800 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jun 23 2022, 08:00 AM)
8K video content...? I guess that "future Astro 8K channel" gonna be similar like the Astro UHD channel now, which only shows live sports content and seriously nothing else.  sweat.gif
Of course, during introductory period, it'll show all sort of promo videos in 8K quality to show off how great 8K is. And then after some time, no more already... Back to sports-only schedule  biggrin.gif
And if you want to watch other than sports content in 8K quality from Astro, then it's going to be streamable via On Demand only.  sweat.gif
FWIW, other than Japan, most 8K contents right now are mostly sports such as the Olympics.
linkinstreet
post Jun 24 2022, 07:34 AM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,800 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Jun 23 2022, 01:28 PM)
4K pun wonky, tak payahlah berharap akan 8K.
F1 on 4K has been good for me on Astro. But that is using the antenna. Dunno about plig and play version
linkinstreet
post Jun 24 2022, 11:43 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,800 posts

QUOTE(Feliex @ Jun 24 2022, 09:13 PM)
But the noise (pink) sound really annoying, don’t you notice it?
Not that I noticed. But then again I don't have any decent stereo setup. Just the TV speaker
linkinstreet
post Jun 27 2022, 11:53 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,800 posts

QUOTE(izwanikhsan @ Jun 27 2022, 07:01 PM)
I think ANIMAX, KIX are among channels that garner more than 1 mill viewers. I doubt tutor tv have more viewers but ya international channels will always be the one to cease.
I doubt Animax would get very high viewership, especially since the rights holder of animes in this region (MUSE Asia) are releasing latest episodes on Youtube within hours of Japan telecast.
linkinstreet
post Jun 30 2022, 08:46 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,800 posts

I just noticed most of the channels on Astro IPTV for Smart TV has been upgraded to 1080p 50FPS. Previously these were only available for channels that are also offered on Sooka (Sports and Korean channels)
linkinstreet
post Jul 1 2022, 04:29 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,800 posts

Anybody having issues with Astro Go on browser?

user posted image

EDIT: Seems like a Cloudflare issue blocking access to the MPD playlist
user posted image

This post has been edited by linkinstreet: Jul 1 2022, 04:33 PM
linkinstreet
post Jul 2 2022, 11:19 AM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,800 posts

QUOTE(vickno @ Jul 2 2022, 02:11 AM)
Hi Sifus,

I'm looking into getting Astro Sports package.. I've had enough of of 1 Min delay, 45 seconds delay with other "alternate" methods for years.

Questions are:

1)if I go for the Ultra plug and play method, is it essentially Astro Go on a streaming box?

2) Will there be a 30 sec or more delay for football?

3)Am I better off using the traditional satellite -hybrid with IPTV for true "live" football?

My main concern once again is a "delayed" football like Astro Go (have used a friend's account).

Fyi, I'm on a 300Mbps unifi, with an average 3ms ping 99% of the time. I'm also planning to use LAN for my astro plug and play.

Thanks in advance!
Iirc astro plug and play has around 1 minute delay compared to traditional satellite, the last time I tested

linkinstreet
post Jul 2 2022, 01:34 PM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,800 posts

QUOTE(vickno @ Jul 2 2022, 12:29 PM)
Thanks again for the reply.. So satellite it is then. Follow up question:

1) Is Astro still using that 65cm Beyond dish?
2) Is the 4k channel broadcasted via Satellite?
3) How's the 4k sports broadcast via satellite? Is it still stable?
4) So even if I install the satellite, I'll still have the continuous watch option via internet right as a resiliency?
5) Lately I've gone thru the forum and news outlets, Astro had a major blackout some months ago, has it been stable now via satellite?
6) How's the Dolby Atmos and HDR during the Euro? Do they have Atmos for EPL or CL coverage?

Once again, thanks a million for answering my questions.
1) yes. You just need a new LNB to receive the 4K channels

2) yes

3) yes. I am watching F1 on UHD regularly

4) depends

5) has been stable so far

6) Football does not have HDR IIRC. Only F1 has HDR for now. For HDR content, usually Astro will add a pop up channel specially for the event. For example, while most sports are on channel 780 for UHD, F1 HDR is on channel 781
linkinstreet
post Jul 4 2022, 07:25 AM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,800 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jul 2 2022, 10:43 PM)
Correction: Astro SuperSport UHD on channel 806, is considered as an ad-hoc channel, not pop-up channel.  biggrin.gif
I just realised, Astro UHD has changed from 780 to 805, making the full transition to be a full sports channel.
linkinstreet
post Jul 4 2022, 10:06 AM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,800 posts

QUOTE(wong_86 @ Jul 4 2022, 09:33 AM)
hmm, it seem my Sony TV (2019) not receive HDR signal from ultra box, if can receive, TV will show "HDR" wording and will auto adjust the brighness to max
F1 on 806 should be HDR. I presume they were in a rush since it's supposed to be on channel 781 and didn't properly set the HDR

19 Pages « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0277sec    0.46    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th August 2022 - 04:08 PM