https://www.mcmc.gov.my/skmmgovmy/media/Gen...r-Device_BI.pdf

This post has been edited by joshhd: Aug 29 2022, 12:34 AM
joshhd
post Aug 29 2022, 11:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,215 posts

QUOTE(ChiaW3n @ Aug 29 2022, 10:46 AM)
Now maybe cut from 30 to 25 days who knows later might be 20 or even 18 days

And then eventually Astro will become a prepaid service like NJOI Prepaid... Therefore, account suspension due to late or no payments will cease to exist in Astro 🤣🤣🤣

This post has been edited by joshhd: Aug 29 2022, 11:02 AM
joshhd
post Aug 29 2022, 12:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,215 posts

QUOTE(ChiaW3n @ Aug 29 2022, 11:52 AM)
I just changed my package and stuck with another 24 months

Astro be like: "Thank you for staying with us. biggrin.gif"
joshhd
post Aug 29 2022, 12:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,215 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Aug 29 2022, 12:45 PM)
Do you think if complained to to MCMC (or any dept responsible) this ridiculous rule will changed? Obviously this is one sided agreement. Maybe can win in court too  smile.gif

Complain to MCMC because you can no longer pay your Astro bill a little bit late? Errrr...

This scenario seems similar to me like trying to file complaint to national bank that credit card companies are imposing surcharges on late payments...
Unfortunately in my opinion, that's what you get from a postpaid service. Don't expect companies to treat you good when you pay your bills late, even if it is just a few days late.

Astro can argue and say that they can set whatever rules as they see fit, as stated in their T&C. So for those who are not happy with the new rules, then.... You know la what to do.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Aug 29 2022, 01:02 PM
joshhd
post Aug 29 2022, 09:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,215 posts

QUOTE(ChiaW3n @ Aug 29 2022, 04:38 PM)
Ya I have thought one sided contract can be easily win in court just no one even brought this up only
QUOTE(Zot @ Aug 29 2022, 01:05 PM)
I was talking about renewing contract just because change of package  smile.gif

Owh... My bad sweat.gif
Which pack are you referring to? Change from which package to which package?
If it is from legacy to new packs, then you can choose you want 0 month, 12 month or 24 month contract options.
However...
If you are subscribing to a bundle pack which includes Netflix or Disney+ Hotstar for the first time, you are required to maintain the respective app as part of your bundle selection for a minimum of 12 months, otherwise a cancellation fee will apply.
Source: https://support.astro.com.my/question/what-...%20will%20apply.
QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Aug 29 2022, 01:09 PM)
Diary entry (also for those who are thinking the same):

I whatsapp-ed ASTRO to if there is any effect the existing contract if i am to remove News & Documentaries add-on from Premium 3 subscription.

CS said no penalty and no effect on the contract.

So I asked to remove the said add-on.

Executed, followed by email receipt of the removal.

Add-ons itself like News & Documentaries, doesn't have contract one, so you can subscribe and cancel anytime (within billing period).
An RM10 (excl. govt tax) switching fee is applicable for changes in add-on contents and/or services resulting in a reduction of monthly fees paid, but not applicable to bundle packs.

Note: Changes in the bundle packs & removal of Netflix - Premium Upgrade or Disney+ Hotstar (3 Months Pack) is not applicable for switching fees.
Source: https://support.astro.com.my/question/will-...n-the-new-packs
joshhd
post Sep 1 2022, 05:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,215 posts

QUOTE(chuppachop @ Sep 1 2022, 09:28 AM)
For sharing, the MTV 90s feed is in HD (seems like similar to the UK feed, but understand in UK the ch is in SD), no ad breaks so far, need to monitor. recall there is another MTV 90s international feed (with logo in black and white) but not sure if it got merged into this color bug version.

user posted image
user posted image

I see... Thanks for sharing.
Meanwhile for Malaysia, MTV Asia channel has changed to MTV Live for both Astro and Unifi TV.
joshhd
post Sep 3 2022, 09:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,215 posts

QUOTE(milksoda @ Sep 2 2022, 08:14 PM)
anyone keep getting bad weather error code scna? some channel  eventhough not raining I can't see for weeks already
QUOTE(Qash-M @ Sep 2 2022, 08:23 PM)
Mostly on same TP (706, 708, 396 etc).
QUOTE(Ash577 @ Sep 2 2022, 09:13 PM)
I'm also, because these channels are using 11182MHz to broadcast.
QUOTE(milksoda @ Sep 3 2022, 03:54 PM)
any solution? cause since last month can't view it already. need to tune it? mine only 70 plus percent the signal
QUOTE(Qash-M @ Sep 3 2022, 07:25 PM)
Call installer, or do like me use the "Continous Viewing" for awhile.

I didn't experience any signal related issues though. All along I can receive full transponder signals from 10732MHz until 11895MHz. hmm.gif
QUOTE(nexona88 @ Sep 2 2022, 08:45 PM)
Got signal...

But it's only 76%...
Quite weak for my standards...
Normally it's 80% above 💪

In Astro's definition, it's like anything above 65% is still considered "normal". tongue.gif
Or else, call Astro installer to come over and let them do the dish realignment for you, which they'll use their satellite signal meter device (or also known as "Satellite Finder" or "Satfinder") to align Astro dish. Example:
user posted image
Or else, if you are a handyman who likes challenge and learn new things, you can buy one satellite signal meter device on Shopee/Lazada and do the dish alignment yourself 🤣
joshhd
post Sep 3 2022, 09:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,215 posts

QUOTE(ripman @ Sep 3 2022, 08:54 PM)
Anyone tried using Multiroom Smart TV apps in devices that are not in the list of supported devices?

Any luck?

Not me. But previously I read that there are people who tried to sideload the APK onto non-officially-supported by Astro of Android TV devices, and it still works like a charm.
Why? What Android TV device are you using though?
joshhd
post Sep 4 2022, 11:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,215 posts

QUOTE(annoymous1234 @ Sep 4 2022, 09:41 AM)
I have the astro bundle with netflix. Can I connect to vpn to use netflix from other region?

Just treat the Netflix entitlement that you get from Astro as if like the normal Netflix account.

Using VPN for Netflix to see other country's content, the official answer is no.
joshhd
post Sep 5 2022, 08:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,215 posts

QUOTE(yongtjunkit @ Sep 5 2022, 08:18 PM)
Does anyone have this issue where when playing VOD content on the ultra box, occasionally there would be pixelation?

The ultra box is connected via Ethernet

VOD content? Pixelation? hmm.gif
How does that "pixelation" look like? Is it like "scratches CD, poor satellite signal" kind of pixelation? Or "low video bitrate" kind of pixelation?
Got picture?
joshhd
post Sep 5 2022, 09:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,215 posts

QUOTE(yongtjunkit @ Sep 5 2022, 09:05 PM)
Poor satellite signal kind of pixelation

Currently don’t have a picture of it at the moment sweat.gif

Which show and episode is it? Elapsed time?
I'm interested to see if this issue is just you, or it's affecting everyone... sweat.gif

Don't get me wrong. Cuz "pixelation" on VOD content sounds very rare to me, so I'm curious to see how it looks like... biggrin.gif
joshhd
post Sep 8 2022, 08:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,215 posts

QUOTE(pokemon @ Sep 7 2022, 09:51 PM)
Is Astro addressable advertising in operation?
Only for ultra and ulti boxes?

It's already in operation since around late last year. You'll even forced to see unskippable ads on Astro Go now.
QUOTE(nebousuke @ Sep 7 2022, 09:55 PM)
Hi, I know we can get 200 hours of DVR recordings (500gb?) But what happened when this amount is exceeded? Would the subsequentrecording simply over write the older recording? Thanks

I assume that you're referring to cloud recording.
Once it reached the 200 hrs if you still continue to record shows, it will automatically overwrite the older recordings without warning.
Just a friendly reminder, programmes that are cloud recorded will only be stored maximum up to 1 year or shorter (subject to content rights).
If the programme reaches the 1 year period (or shorter) from the date of recording, it will "disappear" itself (auto delete) from My Library. Nothing lasts forever on Astro's cloud recording.
joshhd
post Sep 8 2022, 01:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,215 posts

Radio channels now available on Astro Plug & Play mode
I realise that all radio channels (channel 852 until 877) is finally available on Astro Plug & Play users.
It seems to me that they've made all radio channels into technically a low resolution "TV channel" where the video itself is just showing the radio station's logo on a white background.
user posted image user posted image

This is how it looks like in EPG, same like those on satellite mode.
user posted image

Therefore, the one and only TV channel that is not available for Astro Plug & Play users now, is NHK World (398).
The channel appears "missing" on EPG, as if the channel doesn't exist for Plug & Play users.
user posted image
Considering the "popularity" of the channel, it's unlikely to me that they'll make it available on Plug & Play users anytime soon. sweat.gif
joshhd
post Sep 9 2022, 12:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,215 posts

QUOTE(milksoda @ Sep 8 2022, 03:01 PM)
ah I don't have the continuous watching feature cause I still using the pvr model. maybe time to change to their ultra box .

You're an existing PVR box user? Thinking of upgrading to Ultra Box? Read this first: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...#entry100498320
joshhd
post Sep 12 2022, 09:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,215 posts

QUOTE(Squirtle @ Sep 11 2022, 08:28 PM)
Just register astro premium pack 1, will get samsung s7 fe tab as free gift after installation... I still hesitate to subscribe or not after register this morning 😅...
Should I continue?

You subscribe to Astro's Premium Pack 1 because of wanting to get free gift of Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE?
Will you still subscribe to Astro's Premium Pack 1 or switch to whatever new packs, if you won't be getting free gifts like Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE?
joshhd
post Sep 13 2022, 01:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,215 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Sep 13 2022, 11:58 AM)
I saw illegal one that that Astro meant for Indonesia. The movie is ahead by about 90%. When the story almost finish, it is just started on local Astro  laugh.gif
QUOTE(nexona88 @ Sep 13 2022, 12:53 PM)
Astro got in Indonesia??

I think what Zot is referring to, is satellite pay TV service from Indonesia. Not exactly "Astro" meant for Indonesia.

Don't forget that Astro is purposely delaying the original channel feed by 1 hour for selected channels like Cinemax, HBO Family, HBO Hits, MTV Live, in the name of complying the country's censorship guidelines.

For example if a show is meant to be aired on 9PM Singapore time, hence Malaysia one will be aired at 10PM.

But to me, it's more like making the censorshipman's life easier, cuz they got 1 hour allowance to quickly slot in or replace into in-house ads in between commercial breaks.

Pay TV from other countries like Indonesia and Singapore, don't carry out such practice to delay the original channel feed.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Sep 13 2022, 01:11 PM
joshhd
post Sep 13 2022, 05:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,215 posts

Astro set to add more international streaming services to its platform
https://technave.com/gadget/Astro-set-to-ad...form-31718.html
Accordingly, Astro aims to aggregate more global streaming services to its platform, with the addition of BeIN Sports Content, BBC iPlayer and Zee 5 coming soon.

joshhd
post Sep 16 2022, 02:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,215 posts

QUOTE(Boy96 @ Sep 15 2022, 01:09 AM)
Just bought a soundbar, hooked astro ultra box and noticed that the sound is lower when the ultra box is set at Auto (dolby digital) , compared to setting it at PCM (stereo)

Is that normal?
QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Sep 15 2022, 07:13 AM)
Likely due to Dolby is 5.1 (surround) and Stereo is well... stereo. PCM likely has muxed both the front and rear sound into one output, hence making it louder
QUOTE(T.W.D. @ Sep 15 2022, 10:18 AM)
It happened on my TV sound as well
QUOTE(pokemon @ Sep 15 2022, 08:53 PM)
I already said so from my experience many weeks back.
Thought Dolby 5.1 or Dolby Digital should provide better sound experience... but it is not from Assthrow!

Just because the particular HD channel on Astro is available in Dolby 5.1, that doesn't means the content itself is in 5.1 audio. For example:

Situation 1:
Dolby 5.1 audio track is available on that TV channel, and the content you're watching is also in Dolby 5.1. You'll hear sound from Left, Right, Centre, Surround Left and Surround Right channel speakers.

Situation 2:
Dolby 5.1 audio track is available on that TV channel, but the content itself is only in Stereo. Therefore, you'll only hear sound from Left and Right channel speakers. Meanwhile the Surround Left, Surround Right and even Centre channel speakers will have no sound (muted) throughout the particular programme.

Situation 3:
Just because you see "Dolby Digital" indicator on your home theatre system, it doesn't guarantee that it is always 5.1 and above. It could be Dolby Stereo too. There are selected HD channels on Astro where although Dolby audio track is available on that particular channel, but actually it is in Dolby Stereo rather than Dolby 5.1.
HE-AAC Stereo and Dolby Stereo is kinda "same same but different, but still same."

Note: Not to be confused with matrixed surround sound format on your home theatre system, such as Dolby Pro Logic II or IIx or IIz, which "simulates" virtual surround sound to all your speakers, rather than a native surround sound audio from the content.

In my opinion, it depends on how your device (TV or whatever audio system you use) processes the Dolby 5.1 audio especially when it is being output to a soundbar or even downmix to Stereo (e.g. TV speakers) which results the differences in audio volume. That explains why some people experiences louder or softer audio volume when Dolby 5.1 audio track is selected.

The "Auto" option for the HDMI Audio setting on Ulti/Ultra Box, is simply means, if it detects your TV or device supports Dolby audio pass-through, then it shall output the audio as Dolby. If it doesn't, then it shall automatically output as Stereo PCM, or it'll attempt to downmix from Dolby audio into Stereo on the Ultra/Ulti Box whenever Dolby audio track is selected. It is just to make sure that you won't experience no audio at all due to unsupported audio format on your TV or device.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Sep 18 2022, 10:43 PM
joshhd
post Sep 18 2022, 04:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,215 posts

QUOTE(ycs @ Sep 18 2022, 03:20 PM)
i suddenly got astro email today that i made Order Changes which i did not make; seems all add-ons was purchased

anyone kena like this before?

Screenshot your Astro bill see... Just the part that stated that you made order changes that you did not make.
joshhd
post Sep 18 2022, 07:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,215 posts

QUOTE(smileguy @ Sep 18 2022, 06:25 PM)
S Indian Favourites 14.99
S Kids 9.99
S Variety 9.99
S Premium Pack 1 124.99
Premium Pack 1 - 24mth discount of –RM25.00 included (ending 14 Aug 2024)
Service tax @ 6% 9.60
Total monthly charges
Jumlah caj bulanan
RM 169.56
One-time charges Caj sekali sahaja
SmartCard
N Netflix Premium* 55.00
Subject to monthly auto-renewal. Please refer to Netflix for any changes to subscription period.
Service tax @ 6% 0.00
Total one-time charges
Jumlah caj sekali sahaja
RM 55.00
Adjustments Penyelarasan 25 Aug - 15 Sep
SmartCard
S Kids – Partial charge Caj sebahagian 7.09
Service tax @ 6% 0.43
Total adjustment
Jumlah penyelarasan
RM 7.52

Me too I never subscribed Netflix I was charged RM55 !! Called CS they say I subscribed!! I am using my own account for Netflix on astro box for many months!! Instead of wasting time talking to silly CSR I have made a complaint to SKMM
QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Sep 18 2022, 06:30 PM)
ho ho ho... so they are playing this game now, eh?

so in your netflix account, is the billing method changed to ASTRO as well? without authorisation?
QUOTE(nexona88 @ Sep 18 2022, 07:03 PM)
huhuhuhuh....

now using this way to get additional $$$ from customers...

report to SKMM might do the trick...
BUT prepared... they might "close" the case files & tag as solved... so always monitor your case file... if close. reopen back & tag as unresolved case tongue.gif

All this time, I've logged in my existing Netflix account on my Ultra Box, and my Astro bill never give me such shocking one-off charge also... dry.gif

Seems to me there's some glitch somewhere, which somehow your Netflix account's payment method has changed to Astro billing.

Assuming that your initial Netflix account's payment method is via debit/credit card, is there any form of "transaction failure" upon plan auto renewal in the past month or so? And when that happens, did you try to login or relogin your Netflix account onto your Astro box?

Check your Netflix account's payment transaction history, see whether did they somehow double charged you for the month of August and September?

This post has been edited by joshhd: Sep 19 2022, 01:02 AM

158 Pages « < 149 150 151 152 153 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0292sec    0.55    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 1st December 2022 - 12:21 PM