158 Pages « < 148 149 150 151 152 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Astro Version 13A, All about Astro Malaysia offerings

views

joshhd
post Aug 22 2022, 01:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,208 posts

QUOTE(-oc-gassa @ Aug 22 2022, 12:45 PM)
for my setup TV ->ARC HDMI -> AVR -> Speaker (Ultra Box HMDI connected to AVR)
Stereo - normal sound but no 5.1 surround
Dolby - soft & low vol(need to vol up AVR - about 25% up vol compared to Stereo) but has surround
I saw EPL ads saying all UHD games will be in HDR?  I cant confirm on this since my TV info telling not HDR(maybe my AVR-related compatible issue)

I'm not so sure about the softer volume issue on Dolby audio on your AVR... Mine was fine though hmm.gif
Try look around on the audio settings on your AVR, or look for Volume Normalisation related settings if have.

Usually you can identify whether you're viewing a SDR or HDR content by going through your TV's picture settings, especially on Gamma setting.
For Samsung TV, If you see "HLG" on "Settings>Picture>Advanced picture settings > Gamma" when you're on CH805, then it means it is in HDR.
joshhd
post Aug 23 2022, 01:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,208 posts

Astro Ulti Box Finally Receives Disney+ Hotstar App
https://www.lowyat.net/2022/282671/astro-ul...y-plus-hotstar/
joshhd
post Aug 23 2022, 04:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,208 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Aug 23 2022, 02:05 PM)
When did we speculate it will be available before? Jan 2022?

Doesn't matter when. It is still very late anyway. 🤣

QUOTE(Iptvfan @ Aug 23 2022, 03:49 PM)
It is also still max HD only. No 4K like the ultra also

Ulti Box itself doesn't support 4K UHD, so... 🤷
joshhd
post Aug 23 2022, 11:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,208 posts

QUOTE(passmaster14 @ Aug 23 2022, 05:43 PM)
hi guys, recently found out about this Multiroom Smart TV app. is it possible to have the app on a different house than primary decoder address (both within KV)? read back this subforum, seems like got yes and no answers lol.

wouldn't mind subscribing just to try since it's zero contract, but i'm on a legacy plan which requires a plan upgrade just to get this, so the stakes are a bit higher.

do they check if the tv must be in the same wifi network as the decoder? i'm on a previous generation box, the one before the Ultra box i think.
QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Aug 23 2022, 09:52 PM)
Nope. You are free to install it no matter where your TV location is. Just don't go telling Astro you are using it in a different house tongue.gif

is it possible to have the app on a different house than primary decoder address (both within KV)
If you do it without telling Astro, then yes, it will work.
But if you tell Astro that you're going to do that, then they'll tell you cannot.

do they check if the tv must be in the same wifi network as the decoder?
wouldn't mind subscribing just to try since it's zero contract, but i'm on a legacy plan which requires a plan upgrade just to get this, so the stakes are a bit higher.
Refer to this post for answers: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=104919823

You are free to install it no matter where your TV location is
Errr... as long within Malaysia la of course 😆
joshhd
post Aug 23 2022, 11:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,208 posts

Astro introduces multi-user profiles, just like Netflix
https://soyacincau.com/2022/08/23/astro-int...t-like-netflix/
user posted image
“Astro now allows up to 5 distinct profiles under a single household, allowing for personalised content recommendations based on each user’s unique taste, preferences and viewing habits,” wrote Astro in its press release.
Previously, Astro users would have to share recommendations and viewing history with the rest of the family members, or members of the household. So, if you had already watched half of a season of a show, someone else in the household could remove that history by watching the season from the beginning. And that could ruin your viewing experience, especially if you’ve forgotten where you last left off.

Now, up to five individuals can now have their own Continue Watching list, create personal Watchlists, mark their Favourite Channels, and even pick an avatar of their liking of characters...
user posted image
Other features Astro is introducing include Thumbnail Viewing, similar to what Netflix has as well. The feature lets viewers find On-Demand playback locations easier by previewing through scenes via thumbnails over the progress bar.
user posted image
Astro has also enhanced its Seach feature—where searches are refreshed instantly upon each keyword entry in the search bar. Users would be able to browse through the results immediately without moving to a new screen,...
user posted image
Lastly, customers can launch directly into a particular Netflix show after clicking on their corresponding posters at the Home Screen, without needing to load Netflix first. According to Astro, all these features have already started to roll out to customers in phases and will be available to all customers soon.

The features only work if you’re a user of Astro’s Ulti or Ultra Box—or if you’re using Astro Go.
References:
https://corporate.astro.com.my/mediaroom-re...r-tv-experience
https://soyacincau.com/2022/08/23/astro-int...t-like-netflix/
joshhd
post Aug 23 2022, 11:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,208 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Aug 23 2022, 11:44 PM)
According to Astro, all these features have already started to roll out to customers in phases and will be available to all customers soon.
Out of nowhere, suddenly they announce new feature enhancements? blink.gif blink.gif
I still haven't get this new software on my Ultra Box yet.... Will check again tomorrow... Anyone here got the new software already?
joshhd
post Aug 24 2022, 10:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,208 posts

QUOTE(The.Lucas.DaY @ Aug 24 2022, 07:58 PM)
This multi user profile kinda annoying for my parent, the profiles page must shows up everytime when turn on astro, then goes to vod page, On > profiles > Vod > tv programme, my parent will need to press extra more buttons to watch tv now. This multi user profile useless to me

Now whenever I wake up my Ultra Box, I see this..... sweat.gif
user posted image
Yeah, I got their new software already... Barely 48 hours after the news publish about the Multi User Profile, complaints are coming in already 🙃

user posted image
Astro: People always see Astro as a service meant for old people. How do we change that perspective and make it look like "young-people-friendly"?
Also Astro: Fret not, with our Multi User Profile feature tongue.gif

user posted image
The.Lucas.DaY If you don't want it to keep asking you "Who's Watching Astro?", simple, just disconnect the Internet connection (e.g. disable WiFi) on your Ulti/Ultra Box.

user posted image
"Sometimes, if things are made too simple, it gives some sort of 'vibes' to others that the service is meant for 'old people use only'.
To give the perception that Astro is constantly innovating, that explains why Multi User profile is here..."

user posted image
joshhd
post Aug 24 2022, 10:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,208 posts

QUOTE(The.Lucas.DaY @ Aug 24 2022, 10:38 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Thanks. Seem i'm not the only one feel that harassment. I see Astro making things complicated to shows they are "doing work for customers".

If i reconnect the wifi, do i need to retype the password again? I forgot either the ultra box or my smart tv need to retype password whenever reconnect to wifi.

No need. You can just select "Disable WiFi" will do.
Next time when you re-enable WiFi again, it will reconnect to the same WiFi network automatically.

Ultra Box somehow "programmed" to only remember 1 WiFi network name and password. dry.gif
As long you don't "Forget this network" or connect to other WiFi network or Restore Factory Settings, then you shouldn't need to re-enter the password again.
joshhd
post Aug 24 2022, 10:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,208 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Aug 24 2022, 10:47 PM)
Why can't ASTRO box straight away use the one and only profile when there are no other?

Or give Settings option to skip profile selection, or straight away use pre-selected profile.

Stupid upgrade.

If you don't want it to keep asking Who's Watching Astro, the only way now is disconnect the Internet connection (disable WiFi) on your Ultra/Ulti Box.
joshhd
post Aug 24 2022, 11:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,208 posts

QUOTE(The.Lucas.DaY @ Aug 24 2022, 10:57 PM)
Update: Disconnect wifi working to skip multi user profile & home page, straight to last viewed channel, but error/unknown symbol shows up in the tv shows name

user posted image

You know what they always like to say.
Whenever you see weird weird stuff going on with your Astro box, try reboot it first. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by joshhd: Aug 24 2022, 11:29 PM
joshhd
post Aug 25 2022, 12:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,208 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Aug 25 2022, 08:03 AM)
Meaning you also cannot watch what you stored in cloud?

I have my box connected through LAN cable. WiFi disabled and this will not let you skip Profile page  sad.gif

Yes. Unplug the LAN cable.
Not the solution, but for now, that seems to be the only way to avoid getting annoyed by keep asking Who's Watching Astro.
QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Aug 25 2022, 11:22 AM)
Anyone knows how to undo this unwelcomed multi-user downgrade?

Disable WiFi, or unplug LAN cable, hence lose access to Astro streaming related services (cloud recording, Play from Start, Continuous Viewing).
That's the only way for now.
joshhd
post Aug 25 2022, 08:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,208 posts

QUOTE(The.Lucas.DaY @ Aug 25 2022, 08:30 PM)
Unfortunately, the problem still exist after reboot haha

Does that issue persists when you re-enable the WiFi on your Ultra Box?
joshhd
post Aug 26 2022, 09:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,208 posts

QUOTE(The.Lucas.DaY @ Aug 25 2022, 08:59 PM)
No if reconnect to wifi, the error symbol gone

Another thing is after re-enable wifi, user profile came out, chose default profile, tv goes to the default profile's last channel viewed..lol banyak masalah

I think that is an intended and expected behaviour for the multi user profile feature, not a bug.

You select a profile, then it'll tune to the last channel watched when using that profile previously.
QUOTE(chuppachop @ Aug 25 2022, 09:44 PM)
Thx for the alert, just checked both MTV Live and MTV Asia Chs on Singtel. No scrolling message on MTV Live , but seems like for MTV Asia, Singtel will be offering MTV 90s too, thx.

user posted image
user posted image

So the MTV Asia channel itself will replace into MTV 90s from 1 Sep onwards? So that channel will only air 90s music?? 😓
If like that, I would rather see Astro change it to MTV Live instead.
joshhd
post Aug 26 2022, 12:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,208 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Aug 25 2022, 10:47 PM)
There are only 2 types of profiles: Adult, Kids.

So I created for "Kids".

The only difference is in the VOD menu being limited to "Kids" section.
And - oh boy - am I SO GLAD that "Kids" profile will still be able to tune to HBO and see those kissy smooch smooch scene without interruption.

Yup, this profiling will definitely be useful for ASTRO's addressable advertising.

user posted image

user posted image

(not that I locked the channel before, but that's my fault and issue. still, the hype about this new condemned feature being all purposeful and useful is currently a lie.)

Nah, the software team is probably "overlooked" 😅
Now the kids has a secret about Astro that they don't want the adults to know 😌

This post has been edited by joshhd: Aug 26 2022, 12:54 PM
joshhd
post Aug 26 2022, 08:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,208 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Aug 25 2022, 10:47 PM)
There are only 2 types of profiles: Adult, Kids.

So I created for "Kids".

The only difference is in the VOD menu being limited to "Kids" section.
And - oh boy - am I SO GLAD that "Kids" profile will still be able to tune to HBO and see those kissy smooch smooch scene without interruption.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Aug 26 2022, 02:37 PM)
Wah...
Later if this viral online by certain people....

GG lorh....

Good luck to cover up
Please prepare good & solid answer

Content classification block, including multi user profile feature, it only applies to On Demand content and does not apply to linear TV channels.
So theoretically speaking, if the linear TV channel programme so happen is airing rated 18 content that features violence or some kissing scenes, you will still be able to watch it even when you are on Kids profile.
If you want your kids to watch a "definitely safe" content, then I suggest you to lock every single Astro channels with 4 digit PIN under the Kids profile you've created, except kids channels like Moonbug Kids.
joshhd
post Aug 27 2022, 09:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,208 posts

Astro Revises Bill Payment Due Date from 30 Days to 25 Days
RM21.20 reconnection fee if your payment is delayed
https://www.lowyat.net/2022/283105/astro-re...ays-to-25-days/
https://support.astro.com.my/question/why-i...ge-the-due-date
joshhd
post Aug 27 2022, 10:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,208 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Aug 27 2022, 09:59 PM)
already said, ....
Just As Planned™

"now, we will just wait for suspension to really happen and we will cash in the prizes."

Now wait for cries "why i got charged for breach of contract!?".
I think almost everyone who switched to newer packs had opted for contracted term....

I don't think missed payments are considered breach of contract yet... hmm.gif
If I'm not mistaken, if you missed a payment, the contract period will be extended according to how many days it is being suspended due to non-payment.
To reactivate back a suspended account, they'll impose you a RM21.20 reconnection fee, to deter customers from paying Astro bills late.

I guess the main reason they implement this, is either because there's too many customers pay their bills late, or they just want to improve their cash flow. hmm.gif
joshhd
post Aug 27 2022, 11:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,208 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Aug 27 2022, 10:44 PM)
Undetermined: "minimum subscription period" is vice-versa equivalent to contract period of the new packs?

user posted image
user posted image

The word "Contract" looks too mainstream. The term "Minimum subscription period" makes it look more 'high class' biggrin.gif
I think the "cancellation fee" that it refers to, they have the right to charge you in a way that if you terminate Astro service within contract period, you'll have to pay the remaining unpaid months of the contract period.
Since it is written in their T&C, so it means that they have the right to do so, but it also means they can also choose not to do so (probably on a case-to-case basis). icon_idea.gif

This post has been edited by joshhd: Aug 27 2022, 11:44 PM
joshhd
post Aug 28 2022, 01:05 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,208 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Aug 27 2022, 11:49 PM)
"if customer causes suspension .... for any reason whatsoever .... including non-payment of subscription fee as and when due  ..." is a disaster waiting to unfold

And Astro sees that as an opportunity to earn easy money by imposing RM21.20 reconnection fee biggrin.gif
Astro be like: "For those who keep forget or don't pay Astro bill on time, feel free to do so."
joshhd
post Aug 29 2022, 12:27 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,208 posts

QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Aug 28 2022, 09:18 AM)
SPOTV 2 has started airing, and comparing with the SPOTV app, there is no two minute delay for this feed. It remains to be seen if Astro would introduce the 2 minute delay that SPOTV has
QUOTE(nexona88 @ Aug 28 2022, 02:25 PM)
Matter of time only...

Initially always like this..
To test water first....

Later silently got delay in the name of censorship 😏
QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Aug 28 2022, 04:48 PM)
More like they delay to remove badminton advert and insert their own

Sometimes I wonder, why can't we just enjoy the original and untampered content from the channel provider? cry.gif cry.gif
Yet they are "so free" to delay the feed to slot in own ads, but in the name of censorship and complying the country's censorship guidelines. sad.gif

This post has been edited by joshhd: Aug 29 2022, 12:29 AM

158 Pages « < 148 149 150 151 152 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0277sec    0.34    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th November 2022 - 12:32 AM