153 Pages « < 147 148 149 150 151 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Astro Version 13A, All about Astro Malaysia offerings

views

joshhd
post Aug 8 2022, 12:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,096 posts

QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Aug 8 2022, 06:45 AM)
One more thing, I don't think the new Ultra Box supports VLAN mode. Only the old PVR box does.

Ultra Box actually still supports Multicast IPTV (VLAN) mode. When you Restore Factory Settings, select "IPTV (for installer only)".
Ulti Box isn't available for IPTV (VLAN).

But the way I see it, Astro wants to kill off IPTV when the time comes, by migrating all IPTV customers to become either Satellite or Plug & Play customer.
joshhd
post Aug 8 2022, 01:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,096 posts

QUOTE(John42 @ Aug 8 2022, 12:58 PM)
Hey guys quick question, does anyone receive any calls from this no 03-74900200? They said they are calling from astro and just want to congratulate us for being a Astro customer. First 2 calls I never picked up since it was showing spam call then I picked up the third call which they called after an hour. Just want to know whether this no is legit or not

Congratulations only?
Did you ask them what are they trying to offer you?

As for the number 03-74900200, try confirm by contacting customer service.
joshhd
post Aug 8 2022, 01:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,096 posts

QUOTE(PRSXFENG @ Aug 8 2022, 09:48 AM)
Wonder if you could copy them if you use Linux

Even if there is a way to bypass copy a copy-protected files/folder, all the recordings there is got to be DRM protected, hence you can't play it outside Astro box.

Being able to browse the files and folders inside the EASI drive, is merely for "curiosity, educational, research purposes only"...
joshhd
post Aug 9 2022, 12:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,096 posts

QUOTE(Feliex @ Aug 9 2022, 09:45 AM)
Regarding the PQ, is Astro really caring about it? since only your 1 voice. "Camera pan" & dark screen really like RMVB feel. If them really do it, I want email too. Pay premium price, get  RMVB quality. bangwall.gif

Yes. Don't wait anymore. Just do it.
If it's just me or few other people making noise about this, they likely won't care. It has to be more people to complain, then only they'll start to care.
QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Aug 9 2022, 11:51 AM)
mail your gievance to wecare@astro.com.my
I keep spamming them about how SPOTV's two minute delay is spoiling my enjoyment of MotoGP

2 reasons why they delay the feed:
1) Censorship
2) Give enough time for them to slot in their own in-house ads

They can use the classic excuse of "I'm just complying censorship guidelines from the government".
So I think for this one, might as well complain straight to MCMC, or better yet, Ministry of Home Affairs.

We even used to have an MP that swear the F word in the live TV broadcast of the parliament, if you still remember.
Guess what? The public is amused. So delaying the feed for the sake of censorship, let alone for live sports event, is unnecessary.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Aug 9 2022, 12:56 PM
joshhd
post Aug 10 2022, 12:38 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,096 posts

QUOTE(lat @ Aug 9 2022, 11:30 PM)
Guys, need help. Any recommend technician to install astro? Kelana Jaya area.

P/s: It is astro multiroom decoder. Main decoder @ Perak.

Ah, if curi-curi install Multiroom box at other address one, make sure you don't be smart to contact Astro customer service for assistance. biggrin.gif

You'll have to hire own private installer to do the job for you. Alternatively you can search on Facebook by typing "Astro installer Kelana Jaya". Look for Facebook pages that advertises astro installer that covers your area, and then contact that particular installer there.
joshhd
post Aug 11 2022, 01:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,096 posts

QUOTE(lat @ Aug 11 2022, 12:10 AM)
Alright thank you so much.

Anyway, can Astro detect location and block? Just curious. Last time difference address also, but same city, no problem. Got one time Astro no signal, call cs, cs assign technician, kawtim with technician, that time same city, Okay la. Now different state, even if call cs, they will auto-pick original address and assign technician nearby, no use also. Lol

If your Astro box is connected to the Internet, then technically speaking your Astro box would be able to detect the estimated location of where the box is being installed.
In the future, I think they might use that data for addressable advertising, especially if your box is connected to the Internet.

If you're very concern about location privacy, you may consider don't connect the box to the Internet (WiFi or LAN) and connect only to the satellite dish to watch TV channels. Yeah, if no Internet, means no Video On Demand, cloud recording, Play from Start, all those features....

But in my opinion, so far I never hear incidents where the box got blocked because the customer install it at different house address, and I don't think they're that free to trace and block access lah.
But what I do hear before is, the customer sign up the normal residential Astro account, and then curi curi install that Astro box at business premises (e.g. mamak, restaurants, hotel...) instead of install at home, and eventually caught red handed (either by random spot check or someone reported to the authorities), and ultimately the box got suspended by Astro.

Therefore, in my opinion, as long you don't curi curi install at business premises, then I think should be ok.
joshhd
post Aug 13 2022, 12:27 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,096 posts

QUOTE(Ash577 @ Aug 11 2022, 08:23 PM)
I would like to ask about is Astro will change the broadcast frequencies gradually, because I can't access such as CH 303 or other using same frequency.

Starts a few days ago, I can access the channels because they change to freguency 11022 V.

user posted image
user posted image

I did a blind scan earlier, and I found out that all HD channels from 11522MHz and 11642MHz transponders have been migrated to 11182MHz and 11022MHz transponder frequency respectively.
Short answer, yes, you are now receiving those selected HD channels from the new Measat 3d satellite.

For those who are "curious", here's a list of channel numbers currently transmitting from 11022MHz and 11182MHz transponders, a.k.a. high likely from the new Measat 3d satellite:

11022MHz: 111, 395, 150, 822, 309, 300, 251, 512, 556, 709, 553, 518, 303
11182MHz: 551, 811, 396, 412, 555, 413, 706, 112, 113, 515, 317, 708, 120, 200
----------------------------------------------------------------
Back then, Astro used 12 transponders from the Measat 3 satellite.
Since Measat 3 satellite died last year, one of its 6 transponders frequencies ranging from 10982MHz until 11182MHz, has become off-air and has never been used ever since.
But since early this month where Measat 3d enters commercial operations, now all 6 transponders frequencies ranging from 10982MHz until 11182MHz, have been back on-air, and Astro appears to be undergoing "test transmissions" ever since.

So it is safe to assume that channels from the 11182MHz and 11022MHz transponders mentioned earlier are transmitted from the brand new Measat 3d satellite.

Of course, I also noticed a never-seen-before transponder frequency ever since Astro was introduced in 1996 (I think), which is 11312MHz and 11352MHz, and I guess it is also very very likely it's coming from the Measat 3d satellite as well. biggrin.gif
joshhd
post Aug 13 2022, 12:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,096 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Aug 13 2022, 12:39 AM)
No wonder ch200 was SCNA'd for awhile ago.

LOL, why would you go to channel 200? confused.gif Anything special ke?
QUOTE(gto87 @ Aug 13 2022, 01:08 AM)
Why Version 13A?

Because the number 4 is a bad number biggrin.gif
QUOTE(Ash577 @ Aug 13 2022, 07:43 AM)
Before using 11522MHz: No SCNA
After using 11182MHz: SCNA

You're using NJOI, right? You tried reboot your Astro box, still same, right?
Can show me a pic of your Transponder Scan page?
Press home>Settings>STB Diagnostics>go to Tuner tab>press Green button>Press OK
joshhd
post Aug 13 2022, 05:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,096 posts

QUOTE(Alexdino @ Aug 13 2022, 03:21 PM)
old package cant add multiroom?

i was told u can add Chinese (rm30) into sport pack (rm89) but not vise versa.... if chinese entertainment pack + sport, you will be able to get kids package along with the setup.....what a waste
QUOTE(kkm @ Aug 13 2022, 04:37 PM)
Hey joshhd,
Is it possible to add Multiroom without having to upgrade to a premium package?
I'm on a legacy Sports pack, I'm trying not to convert.
QUOTE(kkm @ Aug 13 2022, 05:22 PM)
This for the app version? I'm not looking at the additional decoder.

As previously mentioned, as long you are on legacy packs, you cannot modify your package subscription anymore, be it add/remove/change any packs, upgrade box or even add Multiroom Smart TV.
You must switch to the new packs first, then only you can make changes to your subscription.

This post has been edited by joshhd: Aug 13 2022, 06:05 PM
joshhd
post Aug 13 2022, 10:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,096 posts

QUOTE(cjcn @ Aug 13 2022, 07:48 PM)
Thanks for the solution, it works. Some free channels like AEC and Arena need subscription after refreshed smart card, will liaise with CS for that.

Eh? linkinstreet, do you experience that too, where Subscription Required message appears when you tune to certain "free" channels? Then what do you do about it?

This post has been edited by joshhd: Aug 13 2022, 10:58 PM
joshhd
post Aug 14 2022, 06:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,096 posts

I noticed there's some complaints on Astro Facebook page, saying that they've been seeing SCNA message on certain channels, even when the weather is clear.

I suspect they might be migrating some of the transponders to Measat 3d... Or maybe "test on something else..."
joshhd
post Aug 14 2022, 09:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,096 posts

QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Aug 14 2022, 08:38 PM)
It's quite well known since RTM Sukan stopped showing WWE and MotoGP this year to cover the cost of the World Cup. FWIW, I presume Astro will still monopolise England's matches, at least until we reach the knock out stages

I believe RTM tries to benefit the majority of viewers in a much more major sports events, which explains their priority of choosing like FIFA World Cup, Olympics, and so on...

Plus, TV2 and TV Okey is already in HD on Astro, that is a plus to all the viewers biggrin.gif
joshhd
post Aug 15 2022, 12:38 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,096 posts

QUOTE(AqFad2811 @ Aug 14 2022, 10:04 PM)
user posted image
Looks like they reverted it back...

Yes.
Because the new Chinasat 6D satellite (replaces Chinasat 6A) has been operational since last month, and Malaysia is able to receive good signal from it, that is why Astro is able to provide the same time telecast China programmes/channels in HD quality feeds again, and no longer taking from the SD quality feeds (from Chinasat 6B satellite).

This is also the same scenario as Astro changes back the CCTV 4 channel from SD quality feed (Chinasat 6B) to HD quality feed (Chinasat 6D).
joshhd
post Aug 16 2022, 08:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,096 posts

https://support.astro.com.my/question/why-i...ge-the-due-date
Effective 1 October, Astro’s bill payment due date will be revised to 25 days after a customer’s billing date. This change in due date allows customers to enjoy uninterrupted viewing when they make payments before the next bill is generated for the following month.Please check your latest monthly bill statement for more details about this new change.
In simple words, use auto debit to automatically pay Astro bill. Been using that for years, and my Astro never gets disconnected whatsoever... 🤷

A simple debit card like Bigpay, Maybank MAE also can. Not necessarily must be credit card.
joshhd
post Aug 17 2022, 01:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,096 posts

QUOTE(Hzz @ Aug 16 2022, 09:16 PM)
Is it just me or my feelings that PQ of Astro channels has improved a bit this several days? I rarely watch tv since last Raya and honestly Im frustrated by the PQ quality at that time. You can see obvious ghosting and pixelations during fast scene and worst for normal scene also obvious. But last sunday I watch Hobbs & Shaw on 104 i was satisfied with no obvious ghosting and no pixelations at all. Is it the effects of migrations some bandwith to Measat 3d?

You said last Raya, as in around May 2021?
The "obvious ghosting and pixelations" issue that you referred to, which looks like "it stays on screen for quite some time, and then it disappears, and then reappears again a minute later", I suspect it is some kind of "software bug", and they've fixed it through some software updates quite some time ago.

Previously during Birmingham Commonwealth Games, I personally notice that the video compression artifacts / picture quality became worse than before on the affected transponders puke.gif ( https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=104993239 ).
But once CH825-828 ceases, the picture quality seems to revert back to what it was, which is still has noticeable compression artifacts, especially when watching on large screen TVs.
So if you ask me is there any changes in HD picture quality recently, my answer is no, as I still see obvious video compression artifacts on all HD channels.
I'm expecting the HD picture quality to be as pristine as what Astro used to offer HD channels around 10 years ago... sweat.gif And I'll take that as my benchmark.

I notice that they've been 'duplicating" some transponders/channels in between Measat 3b and Measat 3d frequencies (e.g. 11182MHz/11522MHz), so it seems to suggest that they still haven't finish "testing" on the Measat 3d. So I'll continue waiting and monitor as I normally would do.... whistling.gif

Btw as I double check, Astro Ria (104) channel is still transmitting on 10932MHz frequency, which is still from Measat 3b satellite, not from the new Measat 3d.
joshhd
post Aug 19 2022, 12:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,096 posts

QUOTE(smileguy @ Aug 18 2022, 02:33 PM)
QUOTE(John Chaser @ Aug 18 2022, 10:23 PM)
Pokai mode activated.

Seasonal channel as usual...

This post has been edited by joshhd: Aug 19 2022, 12:55 PM
joshhd
post Aug 19 2022, 03:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,096 posts

QUOTE(annoymous1234 @ Aug 19 2022, 03:05 PM)
Hey guys. I have astro netflix bundle. But I can't sign in to netflix app on my phone. Keep saying wrong password. Is it can only watch netflix on astro box?

You can use the same Netflix entitlement you get from astro, and login across your devices, just like a normal Netflix account.

If keep saying wrong password.... Err, try reset password?
joshhd
post Aug 20 2022, 09:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,096 posts

QUOTE(xxxgkssixxx @ Aug 20 2022, 01:53 AM)
App-based multiroom also need to sign up packages > RM100 first?

The "App-based multiroom" that you mentioned, Astro themselves called it the "Multiroom (Smart TV)" app.
For Multiroom Smart TV app, there's no >RM100 subscription fee requirement like Multiroom box.
As long you're on new Astro packs, you will be eligible to subscribe to Multiroom Smart TV app.

Currently there's this promo, which you can enjoy Multiroom Smart TV of RM14.99, but that promo price only lasts for the first 3 months.
It will automatically revert back to original price of RM29.99 from the 4th month onwards.
QUOTE(pokemon @ Aug 19 2022, 09:10 PM)
Why Astro channel audio is so soft under dolby 5.1 but normal under stereo mode?

Errr... Based on my experience, the audio volume levels on both Stereo and Dolby tracks on all Astro channels are pretty consistent to me, which is consistently soft. smile.gif

You're using TV speaker or home theatre system?
And, how do you adjust audio volume? Is it through Astro box's volume, or TV speaker's volume, or home theatre system's volume?

On your TV or audio system, try enable some Auto Volume / Volume Normalisation setting (if have), and observe if issue persists.
QUOTE(Ash577 @ Aug 20 2022, 11:57 AM)
11482MHz have been changed to 11142MHz.

But seriously though, if you're still experiencing SCNA on some channels/transponder (which isn't suppose to happen), even though you're using own satellite dish (not centralised dish), why not get an Astro installer to come over and check?

This post has been edited by joshhd: Aug 20 2022, 09:59 PM
joshhd
post Aug 20 2022, 09:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,096 posts

Gemilang channel, wishes you good morning with Go Shop programming tongue.gif
user posted image
*photo not mine

This post has been edited by joshhd: Aug 20 2022, 09:58 PM
joshhd
post Aug 21 2022, 07:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,096 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Aug 21 2022, 02:07 PM)
Previously already contacted ASTRO to stop ALL ptomotional materials. CD assured me "no more" for don't know how many times by now.

It fucking restarted spamming right after i contacted them yesterday to enquire about contract.

user posted image

The moment you do that, to them it means either you are showing interests in its package offerings/promos, or it is showing signs that you may be planning to terminate Astro service soon.
Therefore, sending you such promotional SMSes soon after the call, will be effective to persuade you to stay on their service.

Because logically speaking, if you don't plan to terminate Astro anytime soon, it is likely that you wouldn't want to ask them about when your contract ends.
This is called, strategy mega_shok.gif

This post has been edited by joshhd: Aug 21 2022, 08:01 PM

153 Pages « < 147 148 149 150 151 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0311sec    0.05    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 8th October 2022 - 04:08 AM