916 Pages « < 146 147 148 149 150 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Astro Version 13A, All about Astro Malaysia offerings

views

ultramoo
post Jan 17 2020, 10:35 AM

27 posts

QUOTE(deric79k @ Jan 17 2020, 10:22 AM)
thanks for sharing , so i can buy it for my AVR . means from astro input to spliter than one out to tv one direct to AVR . so when i watch Astro without on my AVR .
Unless you want to do that. For me, even though it is a 1 to 2 splitter, i used it as if it is 1 to 1. AstroBox to AVR and AVR to TV. I do not want change how i select TV or Astrobox input esp when i have other family members using it and it can become complicated. By doing 1 to 1, it is totally transparent to everyone. And i wanted the good audio from my AVR :-)

This post has been edited by ultramoo: Jan 17 2020, 12:36 PM
Qash-M
post Jan 17 2020, 10:50 AM

#FreePalestine
5,956 posts

Hits Movies delayed 1 hour from regional schedule.
SUSDValentine
post Jan 17 2020, 10:58 AM

On my way
684 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Jan 17 2020, 10:50 AM)
censor la apalagi
TSnexona88
post Jan 17 2020, 11:31 AM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,806 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Jan 17 2020, 10:50 AM)
I'm not surprise by the delay...
Censorship what else...

We Malaysian always cannot enjoy full entertainment on TV..
Only online streaming rclxms.gif drool.gif
izwanikhsan
post Jan 17 2020, 12:30 PM

Regular
1,175 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Jan 17 2020, 12:31 PM)
I'm not surprise by the delay...
Censorship what else...

We Malaysian always cannot enjoy full entertainment on TV..
Only online streaming rclxms.gif drool.gif
That one also MP of Kuala Kangsar and Ahmad Idham want to censor NETFLIX.
TSnexona88
post Jan 17 2020, 12:34 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,806 posts

QUOTE(izwanikhsan @ Jan 17 2020, 12:30 PM)
That one also MP of Kuala Kangsar and Ahmad Idham want to censor NETFLIX.
This one I don't agree...
Online should be free from censorship 👍

Want to become like some countries huh..
Everything censored even SocMed too...
joshhd
post Jan 17 2020, 03:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

QUOTE(deric79k @ Jan 17 2020, 10:16 AM)
Thanks for ur reply and advice .

i will change to 5GHz .  My router is not far , before that i using old PVR no problem at all.  my there device all using WIFI all ok .
last old one yes , put inside cabinet . But since i change to Astro Ultra box i already place it outside .

now i TP link router . Model: Archer C1200.... any advice? mind share what router you use?

I'm using Maxis Fibre, so I use the latest TP-Link Archer C5v router provided by Maxis.

So how is it? Does the issue still happen when connect to 5GHz?
And, are you certain that your Internet network is stable, and doesn't have any issue?

Try use LAN cable connection since you said your router is not that far away from your Ultra Box.

If still happens, on your ultra box, try connect to other WiFi network, or other WiFi router if available. Alternatively, you can also temporarily turn on your mobile hotspot and connect to it. Yes, try use your mobile data temporarily. Try restart the box also.
If condition no longer occur, then the culprit are likely to be your TP-link router.

If condition still persists even you connect to other WiFi networks, then try factory reset your Ultra Box.
joshhd
post Jan 17 2020, 03:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,953 posts

QUOTE(anfieldude @ Jan 17 2020, 09:56 AM)
The HDFury products does not downscale if u don't want to. The HDFury Integral Limited does not downscale to 1080p. It preserves the HDCP 2.2 so the source thinks the display is compatible. However, it does preserve the the sink device EDID (ie it tells the UltraBox that display supports HDCP 2.2 but is 1080p only) so the Ultra Box will then downscale the 4K channel to 1080p to the display. If I switch off the 1080p display since its also splitter and use the 4K display, the UltraBox will then recognize that the display is 4K and supports HDCP 2.2, the UltraBox now shows 2160p to a 4K display. Its UD99 not as cheap as the previous poster showed, so if the other device works, it might be a cheaper solution. The other cheaper solution I suppose would be the Monoprice HDMI 2.0 to 1.4 device.

How about the one used by ultramoo?
https://shopee.com.my/product/126531571/2058632962
Not sure if that HDMI Splitter would downgrade HDCP 2.2 to 1.4, or remove all HDCP entirely.
Is there an easy way to check if there's any HDCP used?

QUOTE(ultramoo @ Jan 17 2020, 10:35 AM)
Unless you want to do that. For me, even though it is a 1 to 2 splitter, i used it as if it is 1 to 1. AstroBox to AVR and AVR to TV. I do not want change how i select TV or Astrobox input esp when i have other family members using it and it can become complicated. By doing 1 to 1, it is totally transparent to everyone. And i wanted the good audio from my AVR :-)

How good is the audio are you expecting from Astro? Lol?
For now, Astro UHD ch780 UHD are only in Stereo, for both HE-AAC and Dolby AC3 audio codec. I also dunno why Astro don't wan to provide Dolby 5.1 to UHD channels, since almost all HD channels from Astro has Dolby 5.1.

You can just use Digital Optical port to connect to your AVR.
Because Astro only uses up to Dolby 5.1 for now. So there won't be any audio quality difference compared to either HDMI ARC or Digital Optical.

Unless, if Astro provides Dolby Atmos audio to its UHD channels (which I don't think it's anytime soon) then yes, you'll need to connect HDMI to your AVR that supports Dolby Atmos to enjoy the full Dolby Atmos audio experience. If connect to Digital Optical cable, it's only up to Dolby 5.1 even if the channel or content has Dolby Atmos.
ultramoo
post Jan 17 2020, 03:26 PM

27 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jan 17 2020, 03:10 PM)
How about the one used by ultramoo?
Not sure if that HDMI Splitter would downgrade HDCP 2.2 to 1.4, or remove all HDCP entirely.
Is there an easy way to check if there's any HDCP used?

How good is the audio are you expecting from Astro? Lol?
For now, Astro UHD ch780 UHD are only in Stereo, for both HE-AAC and Dolby AC3 audio codec. I also dunno why Astro don't wan to provide Dolby 5.1 to UHD channels, since almost all HD channels from Astro has Dolby 5.1.

You can just use Digital Optical port to connect to your AVR.
Because Astro only uses up to Dolby 5.1 for now. So there won't be any audio quality difference compared to either HDMI ARC or Digital Optical.

Unless, if Astro provides Dolby Atmos audio to its UHD channels (which I don't think it's anytime soon) then yes, you'll need to connect HDMI to your AVR that supports Dolby Atmos to enjoy the full Dolby Atmos audio experience. If connect to Digital Optical cable, it's only up to Dolby 5.1 even if the channel or content has Dolby Atmos.
Haha..I have a 7.1 speaker setup so I am just trying to maximize my investment haha...
deric79k
post Jan 17 2020, 03:38 PM

Regular
1,551 posts

QUOTE(ultramoo @ Jan 17 2020, 10:35 AM)
because old astro I can choose with out on AVR also got sound from TV , because new unit only have one HDMI output , I don't want everytime when onastro need on the AVR .

I not expert into this , now also searching way to settle this.

deric79k
post Jan 17 2020, 03:43 PM

Regular
1,551 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jan 17 2020, 03:01 PM)
I'm using Maxis Fibre, so I use the latest TP-Link Archer C5v router provided by Maxis.

So how is it? Does the issue still happen when connect to 5GHz?
And, are you certain that your Internet network is stable, and doesn't have any issue?

Try use LAN cable connection since you said your router is not that far away from your Ultra Box.

If still happens, on your ultra box, try connect to other WiFi network, or other WiFi router if available. Alternatively, you can also temporarily turn on your mobile hotspot and connect to it. Yes, try use your mobile data temporarily. Try restart the box also.
If condition no longer occur, then the culprit are likely to be your TP-link router.

If condition still persists even you connect to other WiFi networks, then try factory reset your Ultra Box.
I will try with wifi extender see how ? or maybe I will go get one TP link Archer C5v also because this unit also 2.4hz ,suitable for me as well .

LAN cable I did ask the installer ,it say cant be done because is this ultra box is not suitable on that .

Yes , I was planning trying using my phone hotspot see how izzit .

really thanks alots for your sharing and help.

This post has been edited by deric79k: Jan 17 2020, 03:45 PM
Iconoclast
post Jan 17 2020, 08:30 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jan 17 2020, 01:00 AM)
Since Ultra Box launches until now, it seems that Astro will follow the worldwide trend to use HDCP 2.2 on UHD channels/content.
HDCP 2.2 will only be activated when you tune to UHD channels on Astro. There shall be no issue when watching SD or HD channels.

If you experience any HDCP 2.2 errors:

Astro's official reply be like:
Make sure you connect the HDMI cable from your Ultra Box directly to your UHD TV that supports HDCP 2.2. 
Don't connect to any other equipment in between the connection (e.g. home theatre system, especially for HDMI ARC function).
If enjoying Dolby 5.1 surround sound is what you really want to, then connect a Digital Optical cable from Ultra Box to your home theatre system or soundbar, as an alternative.

The "not so proper, unofficial, and not so legal" kind of advice:
If you don't want to upgrade your TV and/or AV equipment, the more practical way is to use HDMI splitter that able to bypass/strip/remove HDCP 2.2.
When you look for a HDMI splitter, the supported HDCP version (e.g. HDCP 2.2 compliant, HDCP 1.4 compliant) is more important than the supported HDMI version (HDMI 1.4 4K@30, or HDMI 2.0 4K@60).
Because the technology behind this is, it doesn't care whether your device can support which HDMI version. Most importantly to watch UHD content on Astro Ultra Box is, in between the HDMI cable connection from Ultra Box to your TV, if any of your equipment (TV, home theatre system, HDMI splitter), doesn't support/comply with HDCP 2.2, the HDCP 2.2 error message will appear no matter what.
HDCP don't care whether how good, how expensive, how advanced/high tech, or how new is your connected equipment. In simple words, no HDCP 2.2, no talk.

And just because your newly bought TV or already-many-years-old-TV is a 4K UHD TV, that doesn't 100% guarantee that it supports HDCP 2.2.
Although most 4K UHD TVs today already supports HDCP 2.2, but better double check before buying one. Like I said, no HDCP 2.2, no talk.
Hey thanks for your detailed reply/explanation @joshhd! I have tested and confirmed that I can watch ch780 in 2160p on my LG 4K TV (if I connect my Astro Ultra Box directly to the TV). However I have to set the resolution to 1080p to be able to watch Astro via my bedroom's FHD tv (which obviously I cannot watch ch780 until I connect my 4K tv directly to Astro Ultra Box) cry.gif

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jan 17 2020, 01:00 AM)

For your case, consider replace a new HDMI switcher and/or HDMI splitter that can supports/bypass/strip/remove HDCP 2.2.

For your FHD TV in your bedroom, you got to look for a HDMI device that is meant for downscale from 2160p to 1080p, which is commonly known as the EDID feature on HDMI splitters or HDMI matrix switch.
That equipment, is definitely not cheap ah... It could costs few hundreds of ringgit, or even thousands to some extent, which is kinda headache to go and think, plan, do lots of research and eventually buy it.
You'll need to get an advice from those AV experts for further clarification.

Better just get a new UHD TV for your bedroom, that solves a lot of hassle.  blush.gif 
I found this one on Lazada:

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/orzbuy-p...1072728497.html?

It says in the description "Automatic video zoom/downstream - Supports mixed 4K and 1080p display output" and "Smart EDID / Intelligent Downscale - Supports auto video scaling down from 4K to 1080p to maximize the resolution compatibility and makes the legacy display working in 4K environment".

Just by reading the description, it will solve my 2160p to FHD tv problem, but I may be wrong. Summore the price is cheap thus my finger is itching to click BUY sweat.gif
Iconoclast
post Jan 17 2020, 08:41 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(ultramoo @ Jan 17 2020, 07:47 AM)
I bought this Tesmart 1inputx2output HDMI splitter from shopee and it worked for me. now i can view ch 780. cost about rm55. maybe you want to give it a try too.

Thanks for your suggestion sir! But I think this will only worked for my 4K TV only, not on my bedroom FHD TV smile.gif
Qash-M
post Jan 17 2020, 08:58 PM

#FreePalestine
5,956 posts

user posted image
user posted image

Yea.
Iconoclast
post Jan 17 2020, 09:00 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(anfieldude @ Jan 17 2020, 09:56 AM)
The HDFury products does not downscale if u don't want to. The HDFury Integral Limited does not downscale to 1080p. It preserves the HDCP 2.2 so the source thinks the display is compatible. However, it does preserve the the sink device EDID (ie it tells the UltraBox that display supports HDCP 2.2 but is 1080p only) so the Ultra Box will then downscale the 4K channel to 1080p to the display. If I switch off the 1080p display since its also splitter and use the 4K display, the UltraBox will then recognize that the display is 4K and supports HDCP 2.2, the UltraBox now shows 2160p to a 4K display. Its UD99 not as cheap as the previous poster showed, so if the other device works, it might be a cheaper solution. The other cheaper solution I suppose would be the Monoprice HDMI 2.0 to 1.4 device.
A few questions for you:

- Did you buy HDFury Integral directly from them via Amazon? If so how much with shipping cost ya?
- Yup Monoprice Blackbird 4K Pro HDCP 2.2 To 1.4 Converter is the cheaper solution, but I still need HDCP 2.2 compliant HDMI Splitter to split Astro Ultra Box to my 4K tv and my bedroom FHD tv right? Monoprice converter will sit in between HDMI splitter and my FHD tv is that correct?
- And what do you think about this HDMI splitter? Do you think it is capable to downscale 2160p to 1080p on one of its output? https://www.lazada.com.my/products/orzbuy-p...1072728497.html?
todxtatsuya
post Jan 18 2020, 12:35 PM

27 posts

Hi guys. Is it just me or we can no longer use timeshift (pause/play) function for live feed ? My remote control working fine still using pvr decoder and not going to upgrade to ultra.
Thanks

yongtjunkit
post Jan 18 2020, 01:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,483 posts

QUOTE(todxtatsuya @ Jan 18 2020, 12:35 PM)
Hi guys. Is it just me or we can no longer use timeshift (pause/play) function for live feed ? My remote control working fine still using pvr decoder and not going to upgrade to ultra.
Thanks
You can do that on the PVR box, when you try to use the time shift function, do you get the “PVR functionality not available” message ?

If yes, then your PVR box requires replacement, you can request for PVR box(refurbished)

Want new? Must go to ultra box

This post has been edited by yongtjunkit: Jan 18 2020, 01:15 PM
anfieldude
post Jan 18 2020, 03:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,847 posts

QUOTE(Iconoclast @ Jan 17 2020, 09:00 PM)
A few questions for you:

- Did you buy HDFury Integral directly from them via Amazon? If so how much with shipping cost ya?
- Yup Monoprice Blackbird 4K Pro HDCP 2.2 To 1.4 Converter is the cheaper solution, but I still need HDCP 2.2 compliant HDMI Splitter to split Astro Ultra Box to my 4K tv and my bedroom FHD tv right? Monoprice converter will sit in between HDMI splitter and my FHD tv is that correct?
- And what do you think about this HDMI splitter? Do you think it is capable to downscale 2160p to 1080p on one of its output? https://www.lazada.com.my/products/orzbuy-p...1072728497.html?
I got the HDFury device direct from HDFury. They are based in Hong Kong I believe (maybe Shenzhen)

I hv not tested the others so hard to say.
TSnexona88
post Jan 19 2020, 09:39 AM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,806 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Jan 17 2020, 08:58 PM)
user posted image
user posted image

Yea.
Oh yea with additional 1 hour delay tongue.gif
mot88
post Jan 19 2020, 11:51 AM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jan 16 2020, 11:34 PM)
What you mean no longer available? And there's no channel 360 for Astro AOD...
Astro AOD catch up channels are 351-353, and 361-363. So which one are you referring to?
Could you share to us on where did you get this info from Astro?
This is confirmed for those with Astro iptv subsciber only. Astro removed 351 -353 and 361 -363. Only got 350 now. They shared since they can be downloaded via VOD, why need to have those channels.

This post has been edited by mot88: Jan 19 2020, 12:08 PM

916 Pages « < 146 147 148 149 150 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0167sec    0.24    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:46 AM